The Cowboyszone team ...

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
This started out to be a very amusing post. But the more I read, I realize that no one has even made a remote attempt to identify any of the long-time "senior
members" who happen to be Eagles fans.

The Only qualification needed for the mock team was "Zone Membership." I know we don't see eye-to-eye on things from a Cowboz/Eagles perspective, but there is common ground that we do agree on.

BTW - WR:(
AJM would make it before you....you don't have 1000 posts. THere are a lot of posters who got snubbed and aren't putting on the whole sad face routine. Suck it up.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

This started out to be a very amusing post. But the more I read, I realize that no one has even made a remote attempt to identify any of the long-time "senior members" who happen to be Eagles fans.

Tackling dummy sounds about right.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I have no idea on most of this but I know a bunch of people (un-named) that I wouldn't want anywhere close to the field, much less making coaching or personnel decisions.

Instead I'll just point out that we have several posters who played. I know I'll forget someone or get a position wrong. So please forgive me.

AdButcher played DL.
jterrell was a Safety.
scottsp played CB.
Rack plays FB, so did I. Go with the younger guy.

A couple of other guys have talked with me about playing but I can't remember if it was college level. Banned_n_austin, DallasCowpoke, and some guys I know I'm forgetting.

Be fun to get a bunch together for a flag game some day. See who still has skills and who's a fading memory.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gatorgirl said:
LTN, is that anyway to treat our guests? :lmao:
Absolutely. The operative word in Cowboyszone team is Cowboys.

So if he wants to be on the team I think LTN's tackling dummy solution works. He can even wear the green and white, to give us more incentive.

Also for anybody who feels left out, just chime in and note your position. We'll battle it out in training camp...:)

Gatorgirl

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:

So if he wants to be on the team I think LTN's tackling dummy solution works. He can even wear the green and white, to give us more incentive.

Also for anybody who feels left out, just chime in and note your position. We'll battle it out in training camp...:)

So basically you are saying that we're gonna beat the Eagle out of him? :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gatorgirl said:
So basically you are saying that we're gonna beat the Eagle out of him? :D
Exactly, but you forgot the smilie... :)

:iggles: :iggles: :iggles:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gatorgirl said:
Oh, I thought about it...believe me I did!

:iggles:
I like this one better.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/pee_dog_iggles.gif

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
HC - Trickblue - we need a person who can deal with all the bad apples

QB - Nors - Is good at reading into things ... usually makes the right read

RB - Winicki - You can't go wrong here

FB - Hos ... he'd never miss a block for, Mikey

RT - Silverbear - we need experience up front. Lord knows he's been around. And he's got a mean streak

LT - Yeager - we need a true pimp protecting the blind side

TE - TruBlue - he can do it all

RG - Zorg - the name sounds like a lineman

LG - Chief - Again, we need experience up there

WR - Cajun - deep threat

WR - Juke - can make you miss

WR - Wheat - got our money's worth here. Trade from Commanders

==========

Stay tuned for my defense.

Excellent. I'm sure I'll excel at TE. The story of my sporting life, from larva to high school, has always been to play at a position where the slow white guys can make it! :D

Here's my roster, based on how people post:

Quarterback - I want a veteran, someone who's seen a lot, and usually stays cool under pressure, and isn't afraid to admit when he's made mistakes, so I'm picking Silverbear. I also need one of those joke-cracking calm Don Meredith types on the bench to keep everyone cool, so Yaegermeister gets the backup nod.

Wide Receiver - I want some showboats. Some guys who yell "give me the damn ball" or "I told ya so" and aren't afraid to flamebait and get the defense fluttered. So obviously, my main go to man will be Nors. Backing him up will be BadAttitude, as soon his two-year suspension is lifted. I need a solid possession receiver too, someone who will always run the right routes and stick with the team concept so Mick Green is going in. At tightend I want a lunchpail kind of guy. Just one of the fellas, a Dan Campbell type, not afraid to get down and dirty, so I'm going with Brainpaint.

Running Backs - All I want running the ball is someone who is a quick poster, who can put on some fast moves and sum up his point with one emoticon or a few words, and burst through the hole. So Jacs is my man. At fullback, I want a veteran who will always pick up his blocking assignment. Someone who is dependable and tough when he needs to be so I'm signing up Hostile. I'll also need a Walt Garrison type in the locker room. A light-hearted fella with a sense of humor who always is cool with everyone so Fletch with his Fletch avatar gets the nod as the eternally slow back-up white running back.

Offensive Line - I want some fighers, some nasty tough forumites who stick to their beliefs, are not afraid to post anything or stay politically correct, so for linemen, I'm going for these folks to be the hogs up front and take out the opposition. - Ben n Austin, Inmanroshi, Blind Zebra, Cajun, Trick Blue, Hollywood Henderson and Princess.

Defensive Line - I need some tough mofos who don't try and be cute and say what they mean. Adbutcher and Big Dog Cowboy come to mind.

Linebackers - I want the folks who mix in well with everyone. They're all hybrids. Too big to be defensive backs, to small to be defensive linemen, yet very dependable and smart players. I need Jterrel, Woody's Girl, Crown Royal, Duane, Skaven and ABQCowboy. I'm also throwing in Wheat in special pass rush situations being as he's a situational kind of poster (politics and Commanders) here in the Zone.

Cornerback - I want some confident vets who won't get flustered after giving up the big play. They've got to be able to think on their feet, concentrate so much that even with less than a thousand posts, everyone still appreciates their responses, so I think Chief, Dale and Danny White get the start over there.

Safety - In the spirit of Charlie Waters and Cliff Harris, I need a safety duo who are best buds, do everything in and away from the forum, and knows what the other is thinking. So I can't think of a better couple than Juke and Michael Winicki. Being that at least one of them lives close to Massachusetts and all, I'm sure there will be rumors, but our excellent PR department will hush it up.

PR - Speaking of PR, I can't think of a better man than Calico. Dude will have downloadable highlights the second after every game is over.

Offensive Coordinator - I'm drafting LaTuna for this spot because I get the feeling that even if we run a system she's not used to, she'll do more research and watch more game film (with the exception of Adam) to get it right. LaTuan is going to grind out 10,000 page playbooks that scare all the rookies!

Defensive Coordinator - Seeing as how CBZ was the only forumite alive when football first considered becoming a passing-oriented offense, he gets the seniority nod. Nothing will fool CBZ. I'm sure that often we will hear from the box, "Aw hell, I saw this #*$# in '62!"

Head Coach - I'm going with Jobberone because I think he used to have a Vince Lombardi avatar and it always stuck out to me, and I consider it good luck to have a coach with an avatar of the man they named the trophy after.

GM - I don't have to think twice. Adam gets the nod. I'll never lose any draft picks because of free agency problems. Adam will also give me the lowdown on the forumites who have underrated stats, such as poster with less than 500 posts, most likely to be quoted in a thread. Yep, I can't lose with Adam making the personnel moves.

Owner - Why, who else? The board administrator and maybe the only guy with ol' Jerry Jones as his avatar - Reality! :)

Everyone else is invited for tryouts because we've got plenty of spots to fill up and I can't go through enough threads to remember all the great posters who make this website a fun place to read.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:

ya know I just love some of our posters to death...a great sense of humor will go along ways in this world

way to go all... I chose WG's post to piggyback on because she knows I think she is the cat's meow.. so to speak

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
My agent will be in touch with Adam tomorrow as I'm fishing today. Since you're nice enough to make me HC I'll throw in free complete physicals for all the cheerleaders. One a day with follow up exams monthly.

Is this a great country or what?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Be fun to get a bunch together for a flag game some day. See who still has skills and who's a fading memory.

Flag? How about we play a real game of tackle? I'm too slow to play flag these days but I can still bring the lumber on defense and they don't call me "The Freight Train" for nothing when I have the ball.

I have played just about every position on the field at one time or another but I prefer to play LB and Center. I have a good arm and can play QB if aren't playing flag. I can't get away from the pass rush very well if all they have to do is pull my flags but if they have to try and bring me down... well that's a different story. :strongarm

I can't get the pansy-yuppies around here (where I live) to play tackle anymore. They are all worried about getting hurt. Bunch of wimps! :eekmouse:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
THUMPER said:
Flag? How about we play a real game of tackle? I'm too slow to play flag these days but I can still bring the lumber on defense and they don't call me "The Freight Train" for nothing when I have the ball.

I have played just about every position on the field at one time or another but I prefer to play LB and Center. I have a good arm and can play QB if aren't playing flag. I can't get away from the pass rush very well if all they have to do is pull my flags but if they have to try and bring me down... well that's a different story. :strongarm

I can't get the pansy-yuppies around here (where I live) to play tackle anymore. They are all worried about getting hurt. Bunch of wimps! :eekmouse:

When I was in college, I worked at a restaurant where we once decided to get everyone together (we were all in our early to late 20's) and play a game of tackle football (without pads!) against the other big restaurant in the area. Well, we got enough people to play, but after the game was over, I think we had lost two people to concussions, one guy broke his ribs being tackled while making a catch, and I think someone else was taken out with a broken bone. As everyone was calling in sick the next day to work or too gimpy to do their job, our boss told us he'd fire all of us if we ever pulled that again. :eek::

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Tio said:
AJM would make it before you....you don't have 1000 posts. THere are a lot of posters who got snubbed and aren't putting on the whole sad face routine.

Listen, that was just an observation -- never said that AJM, Tobias Eagle or I wanted to be considered for the odd-squad. Just an observation! The "frown-face" was sad that so of you may have considered mentioning one of us, but you're afraid of the repercussions from others.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Tackling dummy sounds about right.

No thanks! Wouldn't want to take someone's position.

Besides, I'd just "hold-out" for a better contract anyway!;)

Get some!
75-800x600.jpg

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
Excellent. I'm sure I'll excel at TE. The story of my sporting life, from larva to high school, has always been to play at a position where the slow white guys can make it! :D

Here's my roster, based on how people post:

Quarterback - I want a veteran, someone who's seen a lot, and usually stays cool under pressure, and isn't afraid to admit when he's made mistakes, so I'm picking Silverbear. I also need one of those joke-cracking calm Don Meredith types on the bench to keep everyone cool, so Yaegermeister gets the backup nod.

Wide Receiver - I want some showboats. Some guys who yell "give me the damn ball" or "I told ya so" and aren't afraid to flamebait and get the defense fluttered. So obviously, my main go to man will be Nors. Backing him up will be BadAttitude, as soon his two-year suspension is lifted. I need a solid possession receiver too, someone who will always run the right routes and stick with the team concept so Mick Green is going in. At tightend I want a lunchpail kind of guy. Just one of the fellas, a Dan Campbell type, not afraid to get down and dirty, so I'm going with Brainpaint.

Running Backs - All I want running the ball is someone who is a quick poster, who can put on some fast moves and sum up his point with one emoticon or a few words, and burst through the hole. So Jacs is my man. At fullback, I want a veteran who will always pick up his blocking assignment. Someone who is dependable and tough when he needs to be so I'm signing up Hostile. I'll also need a Walt Garrison type in the locker room. A light-hearted fella with a sense of humor who always is cool with everyone so Fletch with his Fletch avatar gets the nod as the eternally slow back-up white running back.

Offensive Line - I want some fighers, some nasty tough forumites who stick to their beliefs, are not afraid to post anything or stay politically correct, so for linemen, I'm going for these folks to be the hogs up front and take out the opposition. - Ben n Austin, Inmanroshi, Blind Zebra, Cajun, Trick Blue, Hollywood Henderson and Princess.

Defensive Line - I need some tough mofos who don't try and be cute and say what they mean. Adbutcher and Big Dog Cowboy come to mind.

Linebackers - I want the folks who mix in well with everyone. They're all hybrids. Too big to be defensive backs, to small to be defensive linemen, yet very dependable and smart players. I need Jterrel, Woody's Girl, Crown Royal, Duane, Skaven and ABQCowboy. I'm also throwing in Wheat in special pass rush situations being as he's a situational kind of poster (politics and Commanders) here in the Zone.

Cornerback - I want some confident vets who won't get flustered after giving up the big play. They've got to be able to think on their feet, concentrate so much that even with less than a thousand posts, everyone still appreciates their responses, so I think Chief, Dale and Danny White get the start over there.

Safety - In the spirit of Charlie Waters and Cliff Harris, I need a safety duo who are best buds, do everything in and away from the forum, and knows what the other is thinking. So I can't think of a better couple than Juke and Michael Winicki. Being that at least one of them lives close to Massachusetts and all, I'm sure there will be rumors, but our excellent PR department will hush it up.

PR - Speaking of PR, I can't think of a better man than Calico. Dude will have downloadable highlights the second after every game is over.

Offensive Coordinator - I'm drafting LaTuna for this spot because I get the feeling that even if we run a system she's not used to, she'll do more research and watch more game film (with the exception of Adam) to get it right. LaTuan is going to grind out 10,000 page playbooks that scare all the rookies!

Defensive Coordinator - Seeing as how CBZ was the only forumite alive when football first considered becoming a passing-oriented offense, he gets the seniority nod. Nothing will fool CBZ. I'm sure that often we will hear from the box, "Aw hell, I saw this #*$# in '62!"

Head Coach - I'm going with Jobberone because I think he used to have a Vince Lombardi avatar and it always stuck out to me, and I consider it good luck to have a coach with an avatar of the man they named the trophy after.

GM - I don't have to think twice. Adam gets the nod. I'll never lose any draft picks because of free agency problems. Adam will also give me the lowdown on the forumites who have underrated stats, such as poster with less than 500 posts, most likely to be quoted in a thread. Yep, I can't lose with Adam making the personnel moves.

Owner - Why, who else? The board administrator and maybe the only guy with ol' Jerry Jones as his avatar - Reality! :)

Everyone else is invited for tryouts because we've got plenty of spots to fill up and I can't go through enough threads to remember all the great posters who make this website a fun place to read.
I like being selected as a 'tweener linebacker. I played basketball, so I got some athleticism buried in me somewhere. And I get to tackle, too... Woohoo!!!

But I'm not sure Princess would would like being called a lineman. No matter the reason... :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
When I was in college, I worked at a restaurant where we once decided to get everyone together (we were all in our early to late 20's) and play a game of tackle football (without pads!) against the other big restaurant in the area. Well, we got enough people to play, but after the game was over, I think we had lost two people to concussions, one guy broke his ribs being tackled while making a catch, and I think someone else was taken out with a broken bone. As everyone was calling in sick the next day to work or too gimpy to do their job, our boss told us he'd fire all of us if we ever pulled that again. :eek::
Now THAT is extremely funny... :lmao:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

ROFL!

That whole thing was a treat TBC, but the CBZ take!! That was :money:

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

We used to play every week when I still lived in SoCal. A bunch of guys from work plus some of the kids from a local high school team. We had 11-man teams plus a couple of late-comers who would step in when someone got hurt. I was in my mid 30s then and loved every minute of it! I had a few injuries but nothing that ever kept me from playing (broken fingers, broken nose, cracked ribs, that sort of stuff, nothing serious though). Now we only play tackle when it snows which is something I never got to do in SoCal.

It is tough enough just getting enough guys to come out and play flag football let alone tackle. Everyone is into soccer (bunch of Godless communists!) out here which has got to be the lamest sport ever devised. It is almost as boring to wacth as baseball. Either that or they stay at home and watch NASCAR. Ooh, how exciting! Bunch of wimps!

I played OLB/DE as a freshman in high school and then played semi-pro in the late 70s-early 80s (several positions). I would have given anything to have played in the NFL which is why I have no tolerance for players demanding even more millions than they are already getting. I have played for free all my life (semi-pro pay didn't even cover expenses) and would have played pro ball for whatever they were willing to pay me.