The Crossroads of our Season

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I think it's fitting that BP gave a Championship Speech this week. After this ambush by the Saints, he's going to have to have Championship Speech II.

Our season rests on how we rebound from this game. Do we mail it in or do our young guys learn from this and come out hungry for the rest of the season??

We won 4 games in a row. We know we can go on a streak that's long enough to win it all. I think this loss, though it always sucks to lose, can be a good thing. I'm looking at it like this... This was the toughest game remaining on our schedule. if we came out and won, then we could have easily had an 8 game win streak going into the playoffs. Then to win a Super Bowl, we would have had to have an 11 game streak. That's a long time to go without losing.

It seems clear to me that this team came in overconfident. They ripped of a huge run, got off to an early lead, and relaxed.

Now we need our team to refocus, and we'll get to see if our young QB can rebound from a disappointing performance.

Though we lost, the rest of the NFC isn't exactly setting itself apart. I think we can beat the Saints if we would just show up and play Cowboys football. The Seahawks just lost to the Cardinals. And we all know the Bears have their flaws.

The season is not lost. It is more difficult now, but if our team has Super Bowl aspirations they have to deal with adversities like this.

NickZepp

Reaction score
The crossroads of our season was when Romo got the job.

We have a good team. You can't play great every game with a young team and New Orleans is a very good team. We didn't play great tonight but NOLA is a reason why we are playing so bad. If we played perfect ball tonight we still lose this game easily.

I also think this type of game is good for Romo. He's never really come off a game where we were never really in the game. It'll be interested to see how he rebounds.

utrunner07

Reaction score
peplaw06;1223437 said:
I think it's fitting that BP gave a Championship Speech this week.

I think it is fitting and obvious that some players admitadly did not listen to it.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
This team didn't listen to Parcells' speech. T.O. and his parties are a MAJOR distraction to this team. He should stick to childrens' books.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Don't you get it? There is no "crossroads", no "turning point", no magical event that will launch us into greatness. This team is flatout overrated. Our defense, if you can call it that, is being exposed. Tony Romo has come back down to earth and frankly, I'm starting to question him as a long term franchise QB. Two weeks ina row in big games and he has played relatively poorly.

We will make the playoffs, just like we made the playoffs in 2003.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a silver lining, but I am having a hard time doing this. It's another thing to just lose the game, but once again, Zimmer was exposed. I would like to be optimistic, but this is the SAME problem Zimmer has had for years. Zimmer calls a defense good enough to win every once in a while, but then he'll have games like tonight. I am officially on the GROZ bandwagon and I'm not getting off. I've been on and off multiple times, but I'm not being fooled anymore.

We're not going anywhere because I don't believe we have the coaching staff to fix it on defense. It's been like this for years, and it's not going to change anytime soon.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
yup, backing in

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1223568 said:
Don't you get it? There is no "crossroads", no "turning point", no magical event that will launch us into greatness. This team is flatout overrated. Our defense, if you can call it that, is being exposed. Tony Romo has come back down to earth and frankly, I'm starting to question him as a long term franchise QB. Two weeks ina row in big games and he has played relatively poorly.

ah, the magic of overreaction.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1223568 said:

The difference between you and me is you have ADD. One week they're the greatest, the next they're the worst. You can't remember what happened last week, or the week before, or the week before. One week, one bad game, is who this team is. We're not as bad as we played tonight, and we're probably not as good as we played against Tampa. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
HH, you ARE overreacting. The players are still hungover from T.O.'s party. Now Bill will kick their butts into the playoffs.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1223622 said:
42-17

At home

Without their best receiver and run stopper

Overreaction my ace
When you take one game as representative of what a team is capable of, then yes, that is overreaction

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06;1223611 said:
The difference between you and me is you have ADD. One week they're the greatest, the next they're the worst. You can't remember what happened last week, or the week before, or the week before. One week, one bad game, is who this team is. We're not as bad as we played tonight, and we're probably not as good as we played against Tampa. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Last week we backed into a win against a Giants team that is fallign apart. This week, we got our butts handed to us at home by a team with an average defense and a gimmick offense.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1223622 said:
42-17

At home

Without their best receiver and run stopper

Overreaction my ace

The Colts got beat 44-17 by the Jags today. You think they're packing it in??

Some people give up, some people fight through adversity. It's fairly easy to see what side of the fence you stand on.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
windward;1223641 said:
When you take one game as representative of what a team is capable of, then yes, that is overreaction

When that one game is as defining as this one you do. This is the kind of game that destroys seasons

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Yeah, Bill has proven that. Whatever

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
peplaw06;1223647 said:

Some people give up, some people fight through adversity. It's fairly easy to see what side of the fence you stand on.

LOL. You know something? That's the only silver lining I have. Sad, isn't it?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06;1223647 said:

If you watched that game, you would know that the Colts didnt get it handed to them on this level. Plus, they were on the road.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1223660 said:
When that one game is as defining as this one you do. This is the kind of game that destroys seasons
evidence please.