The Crossroads of our Season

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I'm not completely sure this is a Cowboys player thing. The Saints coaching staff had a GREAT gameplan coming in and Drew Brees executed with perfection tonight. That pass in the flats has been open all season long. I'm not sure what Peyton designed to exploit it, but that's what we'll be seeing for the rest of the season.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1223673 said:
If you watched that game, you would know that the Colts didnt get it handed to them on this level. Plus, they were on the road.
yes, they did. they allowed 250 yards on the ground in the first half!

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1223673 said:
If you watched that game, you would know that the Colts didnt get it handed to them on this level. Plus, they were on the road.

I watched the entire game. It was a butt-whipping of epic proportions. They got steamrolled by Alvin Pearman and Maurice Drew. There's no way you can say that loss was less demoralizing than this one. You simply don't know.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06;1223704 said:
I watched the entire game. It was a butt-whipping of epic proportions. They got steamrolled by Alvin Pearman and Maurice Drew. There's no way you can say that loss was less demoralizing than this one. You simply don't know.

That Colts team is used to winning. This team is not. This loss is the beginning of the end

gbrittain

Reaction score
I am still very much on the Romo band wagon. He finally had his first bad game after being the leading passer in the league for five games.

However, if you look back over the coarse of this season and you will see that our defense has only had one good game of any consequence and that was the Colts game.

This defense is average. Not a championship defense by any means. If DAllas gets it done in the playoffs Romo will have to be playing lights out...that is our only chance.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1223726 said:
That Colts team is used to winning. This team is not. This loss is the beginning of the end

They're not used to winning in the playoffs. But are they giving up??

We need an over-reactor emoticon for this guy.:rolleyes:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06;1223749 said:
They're not used to winning in the playoffs. But are they giving up??

We need an over-reactor emoticon for this guy.:rolleyes:

You really think this team can win the SB after tonight?

If your answer is yes, then you are just straight up lying.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Wezsh0T;1223682 said:
I'm not completely sure this is a Cowboys player thing. The Saints coaching staff had a GREAT gameplan coming in and Drew Brees executed with perfection tonight. That pass in the flats has been open all season long. I'm not sure what Peyton designed to exploit it, but that's what we'll be seeing for the rest of the season.

Payton saw what Washington did all day against us! And the 'Skins did it all day against the Texans. Seriously, the way they moved the ball up and down the field reminded me of how the 'Skins did it against the Texans. But, NO has much better talent than the 'Skins on offense, and we were exposed. Zimmer never fixed this and has never fixed it. Their damn FB scored 3 TDs for crying out loud! This is not rocket science, except maybe for Zimmer.

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
This defense finally had the game that they looked to be on the edge of having all year. Yes, we have been statistically successful, but watching the way that D has played week in and week out, we all knew that they weren't a dominant unit.

We can't rush the passer. We can't defend deep passes. Today, no one ever covered recievers coming out of the Saints' backfield (THE MOTHER****ING BREAD AND BUTTER OF THAT ****ING OFFENSE). We can't man up and stop the run when we have to.

To put it lightly, this defense is full of pussies.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
NO just might have sent us deep into the playoffs with this embarrasment.

we weren't getting #2 seed without winning every game and that is just inprobable. it's also irrelevant, look at the recent trends.

the onside kick was like the Lett FG "touch" vs MIA a decade ago in that it will motivate the team for the big finish.

Rudy

Reaction score
By the way this crowd sounds, this game wasn't at home. We had to lose at some point this quarter of the season, and now we can just hope for a chance to meet them in the playoffs.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1223787 said:
You really think this team can win the SB after tonight?

If your answer is yes, then you are just straight up lying.

How is it a lie to believe that something in the future "can" happen? Of course it can happen. We're going to be East Champs. There have been teams that haven't even won their division that won the Super Bowl... just last year in fact.

Do you even think about what you're saying when you type it?

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
Rudy;1223849 said:
By the way this crowd sounds, this game wasn't at home. We had to lose at some point this quarter of the season, and now we can just hope for a chance to meet them in the playoffs.
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and hope that we DON'T meet them in the playoffs.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06;1223864 said:
How is it a lie to believe that something in the future "can" happen? Of course it can happen. We're going to be East Champs. There have been teams that haven't even won their division that won the Super Bowl... just last year in fact.

Do you even think about what you're saying when you type it?

I have to see it. We've played one game this year that made me think we COULD be a serious contender, the Indy game. Then a game like this happens and it reminds me how foolish I was for gettign sucked into it.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1223568 said:
Don't you get it? There is no "crossroads", no "turning point", no magical event that will launch us into greatness. This team is flatout overrated. Our defense, if you can call it that, is being exposed. Tony Romo has come back down to earth and frankly, I'm starting to question him as a long term franchise QB. Two weeks ina row in big games and he has played relatively poorly.

We will make the playoffs, just like we made the playoffs in 2003.
Hush the heck up its ppl like you who always wanna jump over the edge wen something goes wrong. Yes are defense played like garbage 2day and Romo and the offense just werent getting in a rhythem to do anything but calm it down with your overractions. You're just some Joe fan who got caught up and suckered into the media hype and now that we arent playing to the expections of what the media said you wanna throw in the towl. We got out coached and just need to regroup and play tough next week against the Falcolns. And I'm sorry you need to go somewhere about your Romo comment. How bout you come back down to earth and realize yes he's played well above our expections in his first few starts but did you really not expect him not to have some bad plays and bad games in his first year starting. Can we definitely say he's going to be the franchise QB no, but he's definitely showed that he has the potential to be the franchise QB lets just see how he bounces back next from this

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1223891 said:
I have to see it. We've played one game this year that made me think we COULD be a serious contender, the Indy game. Then a game like this happens and it reminds me how foolish I was for gettign sucked into it.

You have to see it happen before you believe it "can" happen? Wow. Are you from Missouri?

Rudy

Reaction score
Dallas now has a new rivalry. The kneeling the ball before the 2 minute warning was not classy, that was insulting. The way Payton had Parcells called for the challenge flag-tossing was conniving. I hope we meet this team in the playoffs, in New Orleans at that.

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
Rudy;1223995 said:
The kneeling the ball before the 2 minute warning was not classy, that was insulting.
We did the exact same thing in the Tampa game, I believe.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I thought kneeling down was more respectful than running up the score.