The Dak Prescott love thread

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wentz was going up against a solid defense, while Dak was going up against one that is beat up or just outright bad in the secondary.
More excuses from the area of hatred for our QB. It appears as though you should take your own medicine & consider logging off for the day. Just a friendly suggestion from an innocent bystander.:thumbup:

Last edited:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Prior to the Eagles game:

Man.. Let me brace for impact so it won't feel so bad when we get dragged.

After the Eagles game:

Man... That guy Dak.. I don't know how we win games like this despite his atrocious nature. It just baffles my mind.

You just can't win with some of us. I'm having a great week though! Go Cowboys! :flagwave:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, it's not "actually impossible" - Regression happens - what Dak may have applied on the field, he may not now. You know, in terms of mechanics and footwork.

Now, do I think that he got worse? No, because I think he has always sucked. What we are seeing is just more exposed now that he doesn't have a dominant offense around him.

But this talk that regression is impossible is just utter stupidity. Just log off for the day.

Regression is for older players. But not for QB's going from rookie to 3rd years. Its something stupid that fans say. Young QB's only get better with experience. If they appear worse its because of the players around them or they really weren't that good to begin with and just looked good because of the situation they were in.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Oh ok. Happy Monday! Oh btw, we won.
We didn't just win, we BEAT the snot nosed egglets @ home. Say what you want to about Prescott, he's a bum, he sucks, not an NFL caliber QB blah blah, yes I'm not 100% back in his camp, but damn he hung in and got us this win.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Can you teach pocket presence because right now Dak has none. He holds the ball to long, and when pressured rarely steps up in the pocket. Can't see anyone teaching that.
Actually , you can on both accounts. it simple muscle memory...but if your not being broken down and worked over and over to step up and into your throws, you will simply continue with the bad habits. I'll agree with bleu here, Dak in all fairness hasn't had ANYONE developing him, yea Romo worked him his 1st year and Sanchez last year, but neither of them were defined as "QB coach" so. Onto 2018 and he has....ta da Kellen Moore...that's like saying "hey hombre, I'm gonna teach you horse shoeing, and this here is Tom, he's an electrician....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Regression is for older players. But not for QB's going from rookie to 3rd years. Its something stupid that fans say. Young QB's only get better with experience. If they appear worse its because of the players around them or they really weren't that good to begin with and just looked good because of the situation they were in.

So your seeing a Dak that has gotten better....bud I highly recommend you visit asap a eye doctor.....;)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
One of the dumbest arguments people use to prove Dak can't play is the "he needs a perfect team". Yet, I don't hear that about Goff who has a stacked team around him, or Ben Roethlisberger or Brady who have stacked teams or Brees who's team is stacked.

What good QB has a poor team around him?
goff makes his team better...dak needs better players to succeed. there is a difference.... cooper Kupp? who knew, until he started catching passes from Goff. Yes he has Gurley, but who is their TE? and how many first round picks on their OL?

Goff can stand in the pocket and deliver. Dak pulls the ball down, scrambles and throws a ball like a basketball jump ball....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ive seen Tony missed some passes like that too. So saying that all QBs in the NFL should easily make that pass is paradoxical. Its nothing more than Collinsworth mouthing off anything with Dak. He did that quite a bit with Tony too.
yes, exactly. all QBs miss. including brady...but the question is about consistency. do you make more good plays, than not....that's the difference between good QBs and average QBs. even branden weeden made a play of two...no one is claiming he has potential to be great

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah thats a silly argument. Dak has probably one of the worst set of receivers in the NFL. Not until Cooper came on board. He certainly has the worst set of TEs in the NFL. As for the oline, they have been atrocious blocking well for him. Thus the firing of their online coach, Paul Alexander. Lastly, Garrett and Linehan are one of the worst coaches on offense. Top that off with possibly the worst QB coach the NFL has ever seen - Kellen Moore. Take that all in and no wonder Dak is not performing up to his abilities.

People blame him for everything and keep saying that he needs to be in a perfect system. While the other QBs are stacked with talent.
so there we go again, needs good WRs, good TEs, good OL to succeed...so Dak can be the bus driver, because in 2016, he was a bus driver. he was 20th in the league in passing, so we weren't certainly leaning on him making plays.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak has been horrible but he has proven to step it up when he has to if the game is close enough in the 4th and the defense is getting stops. Wentz.....he's been a pretty good fantasy player.
like a good fantasy player in Titans game? that wasn't a must win game for us? he laid a big fat egg in that game.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
yes, exactly. all QBs miss. including brady...but the question is about consistency. do you make more good plays, than not....that's the difference between good QBs and average QBs. even branden weeden made a play of two...no one is claiming he has potential to be great

I agree. Dak needs to go more downfield and he needs to be more consistent. We traded for Cooper and it seems to be making a difference. Maybe that is all that Dak needed? Is someone to keep the defense honest. ALL QBs need a playmaker or two to go to. Even the great Tom Brady is surrounded by talent.

so there we go again, needs good WRs, good TEs, good OL to succeed...so Dak can be the bus driver, because in 2016, he was a bus driver. he was 20th in the league in passing, so we weren't certainly leaning on him making plays.

If Dak is a bus driver that doesn't turn the ball over as he did in 2016 then I'll take it. 20th in the league in passing is not as important as QBR or even in the win/loss column. Dak had a very good QBR and a low turnover ratio. I don't really care for how many yardages he passed for. I think that's an overrated stat if you ask me.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

WRONG.

Definition of regression: a return to a former or less developed state.

Let's give an example, shall we? In 2015, Bortles had an improved throwing motion. While his decision making was poor that season, he was considerably better throwing the ball. Fast forward to 2016, the biggest knock on Bortles was that he regressed back to the throwing motion he had in 2014 which impacted his play in 2016.

This is regression. Stating this is "impossible" is just flat out wrong. Some QBs get better, some QBs hit a ceiling early, some QBs regress.

How old are you? I feel like I'm talking to a 13 year old with this logic.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
More excuses from the area of hatred for our QB. It appears as though you should take your own medicine & consider logging off for the day. Just a friendly suggestion from an innocent bystander.:thumbup:
To be honest, he's truthful here. The Eagles started the game with 3 backups in the secondary, two of them playing out of position. They lost Darby and tossed a scrub out there. Dak should have had a good game. Some will say he should have had a better game given the mess the Eagles were in the secondary.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We didn't just win, we BEAT the snot nosed egglets @ home. Say what you want to about Prescott, he's a bum, he sucks, not an NFL caliber QB blah blah, yes I'm not 100% back in his camp, but damn he hung in and got us this win.
Welcome back.

Praxit

Reaction score
...He's the chosen one. ;) ..
giphy.gif

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak got us nothing....and he was lucky early on as he didn't LOSE this one again for us ....anyway say thank you Zeke and depleted Eagles def and lets enjoy our win .....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There is a reason he is undrafted in most fantasy football leagues... he is not reliable. He relies on too many other factors before he "steps it up" He not the guy that will put the team on his shoulders and go get a win. I give him credit for his leadership but he is leading the Cowboys nowhere.
So are you going to sit here and use fantasy football as to why he sucks lol?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
goff makes his team better...dak needs better players to succeed. there is a difference.... cooper Kupp? who knew, until he started catching passes from Goff. Yes he has Gurley, but who is their TE? and how many first round picks on their OL?

Goff can stand in the pocket and deliver. Dak pulls the ball down, scrambles and throws a ball like a basketball jump ball....
Goff makes his team better but there's no proof of that. We know he's sucked without McVey and when Gurley had his worst year in the league. Now Gurley is arguably the best back in the league now Goff looks for real and he also has Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods and Brandon Cooks which is one of the best receiving groups in the league.......oh yeah and he also happens to have one of the best offensive minds in football.....but that means nothing I guess.