The Dak Prescott love thread

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Im going to tell you what...………..I have been Daks biggest supporter, but this game tonight was a prime example of how he just doesn't have it. Way too many Dakisms where he just makes the same lack of play which is typical for him.
You aren't a fan of anyone unless they wear a cape and make.zero mistakes.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
If /when Dak has a proper playbook, and real HC i can begin to make a judgement on his playing .

With Garrett at the helm, i am surprised players can over come opposing teams KNOWING THE PLAYBOOK by heart .

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So are you going to sit here and use fantasy football as to why he sucks lol?
It's a reflection of reality in the NFL. The players with the greatest potential to score the most points are who get selected for active rosters. That's not Dak in most FF leagues.

FTWayne

Reaction score
yes, exactly. all QBs miss. including brady...but the question is about consistency. do you make more good plays, than not....that's the difference between good QBs and average QBs. even branden weeden made a play of two...no one is claiming he has potential to be great
Brandon Weeden just need an better coach and a guru to work on his flaws. I read on here how a better coach and a guru can fix any quarterback. :rolleyes: Yep and a better playbook and scheme for him. A better head coach too.

If Dak was on a playground with other quarterbacks in the NFL, do you think Dak would be picked in a pick up game. LOL. "ah crap I guess I'll take.. um fat kid or Dak, okay Dak get over here"

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak was good enough to win games in this league tonight.

He's pretty much good enough to win games in this league overall.

He's not the answer we need at QB, but can be a very high-end backup for any team in the NFL.

Isn't the objective to win games?

mmohican29

Reaction score
Isn't the objective to win games?

Yes. All of them hopefully.

75% ideally.

60% minimally, annually.

Does Dak have the skills to fall in that win % given current roster and coaching situation? If not, we should find someone that does.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yes. All of them hopefully.

75% ideally.

60% minimally, annually.

Does Dak have the skills to fall in that win % given current roster and coaching situation? If not, we should find someone that does.
Bunch of "ifs" in there...

For example, if I were filthy rich, I'd own a small country.

See what I did there?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Which Titans are you talking about?The one that beat the Patriots? The one that beat the Cowboys? Or the one that came back from 17 down to beat the Eagirls?
does it make a difference? so against tough competitions he lays and egg and can only beat easy teams...is that your point? dak sucked in that game...end of story...everything else is an excuse

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Goff makes his team better but there's no proof of that. We know he's sucked without McVey and when Gurley had his worst year in the league. Now Gurley is arguably the best back in the league now Goff looks for real and he also has Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods and Brandon Cooks which is one of the best receiving groups in the league.......oh yeah and he also happens to have one of the best offensive minds in football.....but that means nothing I guess.
and given those weapons, they are top 5 offense in the league, and he produces...and cooper kupp? woods? all of a sudden house hold names....

same circumstances, we would be struggling offensively and be average with Dak...... we had to go get him a #1 WR, a proven probowl player for him to be able to function and get over 200 yards per game...with Goff, this offense would average 300 yards passing and socre 10 more points a game

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Man... You guys are trying desperately to kill my love thread. But I refuse to succomb to the noise.

I heart Dakota.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You aren't a fan of anyone unless they wear a cape and make.zero mistakes.

I like great players, that is true.

I hated Byron Jones, but his play has been great this season. I do like Gallup and he is just a rookie. But yah, the guys that I consider average or worse I just see no use for. Now you cant have studs everywhere, but I prefer my average guys to be at least youngsters with talent that are still learning.

I did see value in a guy like Doug Free. Liked him.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
so there we go again, needs good WRs, good TEs, good OL to succeed...so Dak can be the bus driver, because in 2016, he was a bus driver. he was 20th in the league in passing, so we weren't certainly leaning on him making plays.
ROFL. sooo I guess you have a list all made out and ready to back your point that there are ALL those QB's in the league who DON'T have such support players and are owning the win loss columns??? Dumbest statement yet, he needs WR's, TE's and O-line to succeded...Good grief:facepalm:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
ROFL. sooo I guess you have a list all made out and ready to back your point that there are ALL those QB's in the league who DON'T have such support players and are owning the win loss columns??? Dumbest statement yet, he needs WR's, TE's and O-line to succeded...Good grief:facepalm:
does the WR make the QB? or the QB make the WR? seemingly Dak needs a #1 in everything around him for him to succeed and even then, he is bottom 3rd of the league in performance and output...sorry 2016 may impress you...but it wasn't impressive....he never had to carry the team...he went along for the ride.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
does the WR make the QB? or the QB make the WR? seemingly Dak needs a #1 in everything around him for him to succeed and even then, he is bottom 3rd of the league in performance and output...sorry 2016 may impress you...but it wasn't impressive....he never had to carry the team...he went along for the ride.
SO 2016 sucked in your HMO, I guess the way this kid took charge and lead the team back to the packers needing a play handed to them by the refs in that game and a FG to win was what? He did that after getting down by 3scores if I remember right... Dak like ANY NFL QB, needs good players around him ***, yea he had a rough 2nd year, but still got us to 9-7, this year has been a bit worst, but for you or anyone to place all that on him is not only blind stupidity, but plain ignorance about football... Yes, Dak has under performed in most games, yes he is having some pocket issues, holding on to the ball pumping it instead of throwing it away, skittering backward from the pocket into defenders and getting sacked, and most of us here who actually do watch football and pay attention to detail, know damn well that's not ALL on Prescott. But you can keep on hating him, this is still America and your welcome to your opinion. He isn't Tom Brady, nor Arron Rodgers, and there are a few 1st rnd draft choices looking just like Dak their 1st seasons, and to thoss one of them up in the KC rookies Mahomes, just how well would HE be doing IF he had a punk *** receiving corps and a bum RB to go along with a sorry low grade O-line??? In a word, he'd be WORST then what we have ATM...I'll lay money here Mahomes, Trib and a few others are going to be in for a rude awakening come next season.... but hey hate is a soul eating thing, it can make you believe in just about any horror tale you can dream up.
Hell I'll even 1 up you on your grand analysis, look over at the great Green Bay packers and Rodgers season, playing without all his great receivers and no RB and a very, very shabby oline... he isn't looking so hot this year now is he?

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
A solid defense? Wentz went up against the same defense Dak sees in practice every week.....the asme defense that Mariota carved up. You guys will defend anything.

Mariota looks to be getting into a groove, he also just had a good day against the Patriots.

So, Dak isn't even better than Mariota now. Imagine how bad you have to be....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
SO 2016 sucked in your HMO, I guess the way this kid took charge and lead the team back to the packers needing a play handed to them by the refs in that game and a FG to win was what? He did that after getting down by 3scores if I remember right... Dak like ANY NFL QB, needs good players around him ***, yea he had a rough 2nd year, but still got us to 9-7, this year has been a bit worst, but for you or anyone to place all that on him is not only blind stupidity, but plain ignorance about football... Yes, Dak has under performed in most games, yes he is having some pocket issues, holding on to the ball pumping it instead of throwing it away, skittering backward from the pocket into defenders and getting sacked, and most of us here who actually do watch football and pay attention to detail, know damn well that's not ALL on Prescott. But you can keep on hating him, this is still America and your welcome to your opinion. He isn't Tom Brady, nor Arron Rodgers, and there are a few 1st rnd draft choices looking just like Dak their 1st seasons, and to thoss one of them up in the KC rookies Mahomes, just how well would HE be doing IF he had a punk *** receiving corps and a bum RB to go along with a sorry low grade O-line??? In a word, he'd be WORST then what we have ATM...I'll lay money here Mahomes, Trib and a few others are going to be in for a rude awakening come next season.... but hey hate is a soul eating thing, it can make you believe in just about any horror tale you can dream up.
Hell I'll even 1 up you on your grand analysis, look over at the great Green Bay packers and Rodgers season, playing without all his great receivers and no RB and a very, very shabby oline... he isn't looking so hot this year now is he?
all this and you just said, Dak sucks....so are you agreeing with me then?