The Dak Prescott love thread

silvrNblue

Reaction score
all this and you just said, Dak sucks....so are you agreeing with me then?
ROFL.. and you fell and hit your head, or woke up from that reoccurring dream where your our up right, all pro QB?/?? Where in the hel;l did you get I said he sucked from what I wrote? Seriously ***, they make a pill for that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is an average quarterback. He played well against a bad Eagles defense. He'll revert back to his sub-200 yard passing game once he faces a good offense with a decent defense and has to play from behind.

I rewatched the tape and saw nothing special from Cowboys offense regarding play design. They ran the ball very effectively and Prescott took what the defense gave him. Dinked and dunked all game with a couple of 20-yard completions sprinkled into his stat sheet. A couple of deep throws that went nowhere. Could not scramble for more 5 yards.

I said in another thread before the game that Eagles defense is suspect. I saw only 2 designed blitzes dialed up by Jim Schwartz all game. TWO!!!!

None of us are professional coaches, but look at this play and tell me how any of this makes sense. It's 3rd & 2 in the second quarter and Schwartz dials up a blitz for the first time in the game.

EDahkLC.jpg

Looks like he's blitzing 7 and playing man-to-man coverage on the back end. But look at the way he positions the secondary. They're playing 7-10 yards off the receivers. Anyone with half a brain can see that Prescott will take a 3-step drop and will try to get rid of the ball to avoid the pressure. Wide receivers will cut their routes short to compensate. There is no threat of deep throw because QB will not have time to take a 7-step drop. CB's need to be in WR's face and jamming them at the line of scrimmage.

AadH8Nl.jpg

Cole Beasly ran a quick 5-yard out route and picked up the first down.

Jim Schwartz is so bad that it's infuriating. His defensive philosophy is to bring pressure with 4 rushers and drop back 7 into coverage. It's fine when it works, but he is incapable of adapting and switching things up when it doesn't. The D-line faces a new offensive line every week. Some offensive linemen are weak against a speed rush, others against bull rush. Guys like DE Chris Long are speed rushers. He is not capable of pushing a tackle backwards, but instead tried to beat him with a speed rush. Against a slow tackle he has great games. But if he faces a tackle with quick feet, you can watch an entire game without hearing Chris Long's name. And that's how the Eagles defensive line has been all year. There are games where it completely destroy the opposing offense with 4 rushers. Other times they can't sack a QB to save their lives.

But at the very bottom, what really irks me about Jim Schwartz is that he doesn't even try to disguise his defense. Even if he plans to send 4 rushers, he will never show a blitz to confuse an offense and drop everyone into coverage. Look at the Cowboys game. He lined up 4 pass rushers all day and Cowboys offensive line didn't have to make any shifts or adjustments all game long. Cowboys had a backup center playing and he was never challenged to change protection.

Eagles fans will drive Jim Schwartz out of town by the end of the year. That's a promise.

Carson Wentz dinked and dunked all game aside from a bomb to Agholor lol. Most defenses in the league are bad so the fact that the Eagirls have a bad defense means nothing.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Dak is starting to look good. Things are starting to come together for him especially since Amari has arrived. His last three games have been his best games of the year. Dak just needs to keep working and getting better. He has been making some very good throws these last few games. He definitely has the intangibles. He has a lot of fight to him. I'm starting to believe in him again. He needs to see the field more so that he doesn't miss opportunities that could change the game. The falcons are going to want to have a shootout in which we have to play catch up. I just want to know what receiver is going to step up and help Cooper and Beasley, we need someone to step up and free themselves consistently. The Falcons are two years removed from a superbowl. They still have that heart. We have to go and take this game. This is their home game and they play well at home. I'm sure their defensive coordinator will have their defense psyched. The offense of atlanta is a machine. They can score 30 to 40 like that. We have to come with our A game. And be ready for 4 qtrs. We need our kicker to be ready to hit a big one. He needs to be dialed in. Everyone does

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dak is starting to look good. Things are starting to come together for him especially since Amari has arrived. His last three games have been his best games of the year. Dak just needs to keep working and getting better. He has been making some very good throws these last few games. He definitely has the intangibles. He has a lot of fight to him. I'm starting to believe in him again. He needs to see the field more so that he doesn't miss opportunities that could change the game. The falcons are going to want to have a shootout in which we have to play catch up. I just want to know what receiver is going to step up and help Cooper and Beasley, we need someone to step up and free themselves consistently. The Falcons are two years removed from a superbowl. They still have that heart. We have to go and take this game. This is their home game and they play well at home. I'm sure their defensive coordinator will have their defense psyched. The offense of atlanta is a machine. They can score 30 to 40 like that. We have to come with our A game. And be ready for 4 qtrs. We need our kicker to be ready to hit a big one. He needs to be dialed in. Everyone does
All hands on deck bro. I think it's going to be a 40 something to 30 something game.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Carson Wentz dinked and dunked all game aside from a bomb to Agholor lol. Most defenses in the league are bad so the fact that the Eagirls have a bad defense means nothing.
Jim Swartz and infuriating? You sound like an eagles fan

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Dinked and dunked and ended up with 360 yards

....really? Stop posting.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

LOL he "started to look good" after multiple games this season and than crapped the bed the following week.

Short-term memory loss is a big problem in this fandom.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I went into this season fairly sure Dak wouldn’t have numbers like 2016, but would improve on 2017.

Haven’t given up on that hope yet.
Right now, he’s in the bottom 30% in the league, but I could see him improving on that going forward

SackMaster

Reaction score
Dinked and dunked and ended up with 360 yards

....really? Stop posting.
Wentz had just 3 completions over 20 yards in 44 PASS ATTEMPTS. Dak, with 8 less pass attempts, had 4 20+ yard completions.

So outside of the 51 yard pass that inflated his total yardage, he threw at a 7.2 ypa rate (31/43 for 309 yards) vs Dak's 7.5 ypa (26/36 for 270 yards).

That is kind of sketchy to take out one big play. But then again, that is exactly what Dak Haters wanted to do with his "one big play" to Austin vs the Giants earlier in the year to point out how he still "sucked" in that game as well, despite having a 2 score lead for the vast majority of the game.

So I guess I will stick with removing the "one big play anomaly", to keep things "fair".

Even more importantly, Dak got the W. Wentz did not. But thanks for playing.
:popcorn:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wentz had just 3 completions over 20 yards in 44 PASS ATTEMPTS. Dak, with 8 less pass attempts, had 4 20+ yard completions.

So outside of the 51 yard pass that inflated his total yardage, he threw at a 7.2 ypa rate (31/43 for 309 yards) vs Dak's 7.5 ypa (26/36 for 270 yards).

That is kind of sketchy to take out one big play. But then again, that is exactly what Dak Haters wanted to do with his "one big play" to Austin vs the Giants earlier in the year to point out how he still "sucked" in that game as well, despite having a 2 score lead for the vast majority of the game.

So I guess I will stick with removing the "one big play anomaly", to keep things "fair".

Even more importantly, Dak got the W. Wentz did not. But thanks for playing.
:popcorn:

With 44 pass attempts and 32 completions, Wentz averaged 8.2 yards a throw. Dak with 26 completions, ended up with 7.5.

The "dink and dunk" here doesn't add up - you don't get those averages "Dinking and dunking". Go ahead and explain to me what you think "dinking and dunking" is - and IF it was all players breaking tackles, then I guess Wentz actually made good decisions...now didn't he?

You don't get to 360 yards passing on 32 completions by dinking and dunking. Just....stop.

And Wentz right now is ranked as a top 10 QB this year

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/carson-wentz/10636

Prescott is a 20th

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/dak-prescott/10769

Dak sucks. Wentz is a franchise QB. Deal with it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Long term hatred is too... :rolleyes::popcorn:

This isn't an argument, something you seem to not be able to do. I'm sure you're an adult, put together something.

Simply stating you're a fan and blindly following someone is not impressive to me, nor should it be to anyone else on this board. Hell, the freakin' guy I just responded to can't even explain how someone with 32 pass completions and an 8+ yards per completion average is "dinking and dunking". Hell, even just admitting Wentz only had 3 20+ yard passes shows, on average, he was not throwing a dink and dunk - he was hitting intermediate routes. You know, something Tom Brady also made his legendary career doing - it's a strategy....

But Dak having MULTIPLE deep passes, with LESS THROWS and ending with a 7.5 average....somehow doesn't show he "dink and dunked" on most of his throws?

You folks have no clue what you're even talking about, especially with terms you throw out. Let's check stats and see who is dinking and dunking...

I mean, holy crap.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This isn't an argument, something you seem to not be able to do. I'm sure you're an adult, put together something.

Simply stating you're a fan and blindly following someone is not impressive to me, nor should it be to anyone else on this board. Hell, the freakin' guy I just responded to can't even explain how someone with 32 pass completions and an 8+ yards per completion average is "dinking and dunking". Hell, even just admitting Wentz only had 3 20+ yard passes shows, on average, he was not throwing a dink and dunk - he was hitting intermediate routes. You know, something Tom Brady also made his legendary career doing - it's a strategy....

But Dak having MULTIPLE deep passes, with LESS THROWS and ending with a 7.5 average....somehow doesn't show he "dink and dunked" on most of his throws?

You folks have no clue what you're even talking about, especially with terms you throw out. Let's check stats and see who is dinking and dunking...

I mean, holy crap.
Go kick the dog or something bro. :thumbup:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Why call him winner? That's a team thing.

But since you brought it up, The Cowboys are 2-2 in games Wentz has played in. I can see how that could be confused for 4-1, though.
Not to mention Zeke has gone off in 3 of those games. Everyone wants to forget every single miscue you hardly see from other top qbs and they consider that a plus for this dude like it was an improvement

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Hilarious. ONE thread that attempted to be positive and the Prescott haters unite, lmao. Must be a sad life.