The Dak Prescott love thread

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I agree . I think last night might have sealed the deal despite another collapse forthcoming. I think it might have also saved Garrett’s job too.

I know some fans were rooting against it to satisfy their selfish agendas hoping Jerry would come to some type of Absolution with a loss or collapsing season. But this is why Jerry has stayed with Garrett.

He finds a way to stay afloat and relevant which Jerry can sell. Unfortunately this is probably as good as it gets with Jerry. Let’s hope we can build on this huge win. And Dak carries over the confidence as well because talent is our best hope of overcoming Jerry’s ways.
So, in essance, when analyzing the theme of your post. Dak has basically adopted the personality of his HC.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Filthy was one of those "better teams" until we dismantled them last night.
To be honest they haven’t been one of those better teams this year. And they could very well with their schedule and injuries end up below .500.

That shouldn’t take away from our win but just to put in a better perspective. We’ll see how the season plays out.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So, in essance, when analyzing the theme of your post. Dak has basically adopted the personality of his HC.
That certInly wasn’t my intention. I think you’re reading more into it. My evaluation of Dak and Garrett are not paralleled.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
To be honest they haven’t been one of those better teams this year. And they could very well with their schedule and injuries end up below .500.

That shouldn’t take away from our win but just to put in a better perspective. We’ll see how the season plays out.
We'll beat Atlanta too to get to .500 next week. The next real contest will be the Redstinks on Turkey Day. I see that as a win now too. We just might beat this 5 game gauntlet nicely.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
That certInly wasn’t my intention. I think you’re reading more into it. My evaluation of Dak and Garrett are not paralleled.
I'm sure you didn't mean to align the two but, indirectly, you did.

Not a bad thing. Most players typically adopt the personality of their HC.

Welp.. In this case, it's a bad thing bc I don't like the clapper but I digress.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm sure you didn't mean to align the two but, indirectly, you did.

Not a bad thing. Most players typically adopt the personality of their HC.
I’m not sure what your referencing or taking about. You’ve lost me.

John813

Reaction score
Last year's Super Bowl winning QB is far from elite. I'm not saying we're Super Bowl bound by any means... Just that it doesn't take a Tom Brady to win every Super Bowl.

I agree.
All we need is an efficient QB, that can make throws to keep moving the chains.
Would be nice to have a Mahommes stat piling QB, but this team can win with a QB that puts up decent numbers. All about converting 3rd down and playing smart, with some smart risks here and there.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We'll beat Atlanta too to get to .500 next week. The next real contest will be the Redstinks on Turkey Day. I see that as a win now too. We just might beat this 5 game gauntlet nicely.
One week at a time my friend.

We didn’t think we’d have life after last night.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree . I think last night might have sealed the deal despite another collapse forthcoming. I think it might have also saved Garrett’s job too.

I know some fans were rooting against it to satisfy their selfish agendas hoping Jerry would come to some type of Absolution with a loss or collapsing season. But this is why Jerry has stayed with Garrett.

He finds a way to stay afloat and relevant which Jerry can sell. Unfortunately this is probably as good as it gets with Jerry. Let’s hope we can build on this huge win. And Dak carries over the confidence as well because talent is our best hope of overcoming Jerry’s ways.
I agree about Garrett's job security. Garrett's primary coaching strength is getting maximum effort from his players. I continually harp on that strength factoring into any assumptions concerning Jones terminating Garrett. In my opinion, Jones will wait for sound player execution to materialize and expects consistent wins will follow. And yes, Jones will likely wait much MUCH longer for that possibilty to happen than Garrett critics want because... well... because it is Jerry Jones.

HanD

Reaction score
When Collingsworth pointed out the pass to Gallup on the sideline he waited to throw it showed me how much he's been poorly coached. That's the problem. It's bad folks
Can anticipation be taught or is it an inherent character trait? I seriously dont know. I think it can be improved a bit but is somewhat innate within you.

dfense

Reaction score
He tried, but he managed to not turn the ball over. Also coaches wouldn't let him throw it into the endzone inside the 10. A+

Xeven

Reaction score
Can anticipation be taught or is it an inherent character trait? I seriously dont know. I think it can be improved a bit but is somewhat innate within you.
He needs to float left and right and not straight back when the pocket collapse.

HanD

Reaction score
Would your argument not extend to the offensive strategists?. . As a matter of fact, shouldn't it start with them?
It sure does. Im unsure and not optimistic about dak but the only way to find out for sure is to move on from jg and linehan. My worst fear is not firing them after this season. Need to see if someone can get him consistent and improving. We know this staff isnt good at adjustments.

nobody

Reaction score
I'd never expect that. But a man can hope. :thumbup:
I have enough glow to cover everyone.

Keep in mind that a lot of us like him as a person, but just don't trust him anymore due to really spotty work since 2016. If we are to find out if he's franchise qb worthy, he needs better coaching.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Keep in mind that a lot of us like him as a person, but just don't trust him anymore due to really spotty work since 2016. If we are to find out if he's franchise qb worthy, he needs better coaching.
Yes. A lot of you/us actually are pretty level headed where it pertains to Dak. Some aren't though. But I won't go there. It's a beautiful Veteran's Day Monday.