FEATURED The Dak Prescott Mega Thread **merged**

Philmonroe

Reaction score
But it’s the best Ever through 3 years

I’m just not understanding what some are not seeing or maybe it’s me and that’s why I’m asking questions.

@Dale said it perfectly right above your post:
“I guess, for me, this critique is rather selective in what we identify as "team stats." Is it a team stat when we win, when Dak records a game-winning drive, etc ... but not when we falter in the red zone or don't score as many points as needed?

It's all about the team. Every last bit of it. And I think that's what makes Dak a candidate to be the guy long-term. He plays the position well within that team dynamic.”
Don't give a dang what Dale talking about but those things I mentioned are always team stats no matter if I like the player or not. That well that's what they say logic doesn't work for me because like I said I don't view as such. I've also never used it negatively as such either so yeah that logic don't work for me.

I disagree that he plays "well" in that team dynamic. He makes and misses some plays but it's mainly those around him doing the heavy lifting. The qb gets too much praise and blame and that's definitely the case on Dak. I personally rather have a better passing qb but he isn't complete junk at all. I'll keep saying he's just Alex Smith level to me. He is just good enough that we have this polarizing view on him overall. I think if he was better we don't have this polarizing view on him and all the back and forths on here and between Boys fans in general

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
I think if he was better it wouldn't matter. Someone will always find something they either do not like or point out to prove their point. I think the bottom line is that the criticism against him throughout this board, the media, and just about everywhere else is some of the most lobsided craziness I have seen. The way people justify their opinions by continually moving the bar on what he does or does not do. Just how much the "credit" is attributed to others while "failures" are attributed to him. The constant narrative that he "has a low ceiling" and will simply be there by association instead of the reason why. Its maddening. It seems like the forever revolving argument counter argument situation.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Don't give a dang what Dale talking about but those things I mentioned are always team stats no matter if I like the player or not. That well that's what they say logic doesn't work for me because like I said I don't view as such. I've also never used it negatively as such either so yeah that logic don't work for me.

I disagree that he plays "well" in that team dynamic. He makes and misses some plays but it's mainly those around him doing the heavy lifting. The qb gets too much praise and blame and that's definitely the case on Dak. I personally rather have a better passing qb but he isn't complete junk at all. I'll keep saying he's just Alex Smith level to me. He is just good enough that we have this polarizing view on him overall. I think if he was better we don't have this polarizing view on him and all the back and forths on here and between Boys fans in general
Do you think we can trade for Mahomes? Rodgers? The Clemson kid?Who would you like and tell me how we can get them.

Maybe I’ll be on board.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
"Pretty sure" is not a good way to argue your point

Tebow LASTED three years in the league....his comp% 47.9.

BTW-Dak is much more than dink and dunk.

I was being sarcastic bro. I know it’s hard to convey that via internet, but I’m a known Daktoid or whatever the term is.

Great chart. I’m sure they will ignore it as well. Slowly but surely Dak is making them not be here.

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

I wonder if something else is causing the polarizing view. We’ve seen it before on a different stage. Recently. :thumbup:

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic bro. I know it’s hard to convey that via internet, but I’m a known Daktoid or whatever the term is.

Great chart. I’m sure they will ignore it as well. Slowly but surely Dak is making them not be here.

Oopps, my apologies. You’re right it’s sometimes hard on this site to figure out who is being sarcastic and who is just misinformed.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Oopps, my apologies. You’re right it’s sometimes hard on this site to figure out who is being sarcastic and who is just misinformed.
No problem. Notice they’re still ignoring the chart you posted along with the other stats that hurt their argument badly.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
No problem. Notice they’re still ignoring the chart you posted along with the other stats that hurt their argument badly.

They always do. It’s mostly trolls and the butt-hurt Romo lovers though. Most of us have moved on and supporting the QB who seems to win a lot.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Do you think we can trade for Mahomes? Rodgers? The Clemson kid?Who would you like and tell me how we can get them.

Maybe I’ll be on board.
Please none of this stereotypical stuff I don't expect from grown men. Who the expletive said anything about trading for any of those people? Smh. Y'all toooo emotional. I'll tell you who I'd like when I actually mention something along them lines. Don't strawman me with your bs I didn't say or imply. I just said I think Dak avg

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I wonder if something else is causing the polarizing view. We’ve seen it before on a different stage. Recently. :thumbup:
We won't know because his play is too 50/50 to say otherwise unless you're a weak person that looks for excuses esp some that some of y'all online like to hint at. His polarizing view is mainly from on field but victims love to say it's about other stuff like this dude isn't some sometimes he's good sometimes he's not type player. You don't see this polarizing view on Zeke and Cooper because they both do more good than bad.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
So I have a request: No matter the outcome of tomorrow's game, can we not turn it into a bash-Dak or bash-Romo thing?

No "Dak sucks, Romo would have gotten it done against LA" or "whoooo, look what Dak did in just his 3rd year, Romo sucks!"

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
We won't know because his play is too 50/50 to say otherwise unless you're a weak person that looks for excuses esp some that some of y'all online like to hint at. His polarizing view is mainly from on field but victims love to say it's about other stuff like this dude isn't some sometimes he's good sometimes he's not type player. You don't see this polarizing view on Zeke and Cooper because they both do more good than bad.
The statistical records and facts that many post here suggest he’s better than average, at least. These facts are completely contrary to the facts.

For instance:”Dak is not accurate” Fact is he’s the most accurate through 3 years
“Dak is dink and Dunk” then this chart by Sturm, and excellent analyst, show he isn’t.

So you’re saying I’m making excuses of why he’s polarizing? That what I’m trying to understand. Why some don’t want to give him any credit and when proven wrong with facts they still don’t relent. The same was true for Romo.

One side of the polarization is getting smaller and that shows they are reasonable and that facts do matter.

Some are not fazed by facts and when they are proven wrong they regress into denial. I don’t get it.

Eanwen

Reaction score
I am shocked that Dak has thrown a comparable amount of deep balls (outside of outliers like Mahomes and Big Ben). I would have bet big money he threw 1/2 or less as many on average. Did he start throwing more since the Cooper trade?

Regardless I think we'd all be happier if Dak was sacked less, he fumbled less, and his yd/game was closer to 300 than 200, while keeping ints about the same or lower. I think improvement at LG/RT and having a dynamic TE would further those goals.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
DwqF1XLU8AAw2h7.jpg