FEATURED The Dak Prescott Mega Thread **merged**

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We'd better get used to this type of QB because it's coming. A football player vs a QB. Dak's a football player that happens to play QB. He will make plays in the passing game, he won't take too many chances, but he'll help you move that ball right down the field, and get it into the end zone. That's what a QB is supposed to do. He'll take chances when he absolutely has to, and when all of the chips are on the table, he'll come out victorious. And do you want that, or do you want a high stats guy that can't seem to do it when the chips are on the table?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
A lot of his high throws out of bounds are overly conservative throws. He's conservative by nature... We're just going to have to live with that until and unless another OC comes in here and changes it.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Here I’m still waiting for a retort. Best we’ve got so far was a very clever face palm to avoid answering.

Broke brady’s record for consecutive passes with no ints
Highest completion% through first three years of anyone.
Most fourth quarter comebacks since he came into the league.
Division titles 2 of first three years.
Winning % as a starter. Pretty sure he’s way up there on that too.
Best Chunky Soup commercial of all time.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Here I’m still waiting for a retort. Best we’ve got so far was a very clever face palm to avoid answering.

I'm not going to repeat what I've said before when you people clearly want to ignore the team aspect, what is asked of Dak, and how he gets his completion % so high.

The same people that ignore the 22nd ranked offense in TDs scored are the same people that ignore why we lost games only needing to score 2-3 TDs. The same people can't differentiate team wins from Dak wins so why bother?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I'm not going to repeat what I've said before when you people clearly want to ignore the team aspect, what is asked of Dak, and how he gets his completion % so high.

The same people that ignore the 22nd ranked offense in TDs scored are the same people that ignore why we lost games only needing to score 2-3 TDs. The same people can't differentiate team wins from Dak wins so why bother?
I’m not. Those aren’t good. Didn’t say he was Dan Marino.
I just can’t understand those that can’t give him any credit. Ignoring those facts or acting like it shows they don’t want to give him credit.

InTheZone

Reaction score
No matter where you fall on the dak debate, here’s where we find ourselves today.
Dak was a part of the team that got us to the divisional round of the playoffs and if dak goes down early, we’ll stand zero chance of advancing
I think if the defense misses tackles and gives up TDs that'll be a bigger problem than If Dak goes down

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Of all QB’s left in the playoffs Foles is first in passer rating when blitzed. 90.6

Dak 2nd. 87.1
Rivers 83.8
Brees 79.5
Luck 73.5
Brady 71.3
Mahomes 70.4
Goff 59.8

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I think if the defense misses tackles and gives up TDs that'll be a bigger problem than If Dak goes down
That’s because you’re not thinking clearly. Please look past “whatever” it is and re-examine.

See stats.

Start with wins/losses

Last edited:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Dak is an above average QB

ChangeMyMindONLINE_Zeze_preview.jpeg

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I love Dak, but he only needs 15 mil max. Maybe even 20 mil at the VERY MOST. We have way too many people (that, quite frankly are better than him at their position than he is) that need to be paid. Plus, before Dak decides to get paid like a TOP NFL QB, he needs to play like one. Pass downfield more, break from the playcalling sometimes and decide what you think would be best for the situation, don't hold onto the ball for so long, scan the field and actually throw to the receivers (many are open half the time). I don't pay attention to the stats like completion ratings and QBR's because he doesn't even really pass the ball that much (and when he does, it's short throws like 10 yard throws), and he usually dumps it off to Zeke. Like I said, I love the guy, but he's just not top priority for this team right now. He's basically a glorified Tim Tebow, and we all know how he played.
I wish we had a Patrick Mahomes

That being said, why was Dak so good his rookie year compared to now? It seems he passed more his rookie year and the offense played better overall. Yeah the offensive line and players have changed, but it seems as if he's regressed more than anything.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score

I guess, for me, this critique is rather selective in what we identify as "team stats." Is it a team stat when we win, when Dak records a game-winning drive, etc ... but not when we falter in the red zone or don't score as many points as needed?

It's all about the team. Every last bit of it. And I think that's what makes Dak a candidate to be the guy long-term. He plays the position well within that team dynamic.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Most of them stats are who cares stats and team stats though. The only one that isn't is the completion % and I still say he misses too many shots with that high completion %

blumayne38

Reaction score
We'd better get used to this type of QB because it's coming. A football player vs a QB. Dak's a football player that happens to play QB. He will make plays in the passing game, he won't take too many chances, but he'll help you move that ball right down the field, and get it into the end zone. That's what a QB is supposed to do. He'll take chances when he absolutely has to, and when all of the chips are on the table, he'll come out victorious. And do you want that, or do you want a high stats guy that can't seem to do it when the chips are on the table?
I’ll take Zeke and a good defense

Dre11

Reaction score
Last edited: