*** The Dak Prescott Thread **merged**

silver

Reaction score
Can't judge Dak off these two past games when you're starting left tackles that have no business playing professional football. Both guys, Bell and Green will be out of football soon. We should've started Zach Martin at left tackle and Looney or whoever at RG. Now we're gonna rush Smith back from a soft tissue injury and he could re injure it and complicate his season. Terrible player management in my opinion.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Dak would benefit greatly from a player or two players who can get some separation.

Beasley and Witten have been completely invisible this year and the passes they do catch are very small windows more often than not.

You can't even tell what route Dez is running most of the time, he is out there free lancing.

The coaches talk every off season about how great the RBs are in the passing game, but that is a total after thought once the season starts.

Dak has to improve his accuracy, but the issues on offense go much deeper than just the QB.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak would benefit greatly from a player or two players who can get some separation.

Beasley and Witten have been completely invisible this year and the passes they do catch are very small windows more often than not.

You can't even tell what route Dez is running most of the time, he is out there free lancing.

The coaches talk every off season about how great the RBs are in the passing game, but that is a total after thought once the season starts.

Dak has to improve his accuracy, but the issues on offense go much deeper than just the QB.

Doubtful!

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Can't judge Dak off these two past games when you're starting left tackles that have no business playing professional football. Both guys, Bell and Green will be out of football soon. We should've started Zach Martin at left tackle and Looney or whoever at RG. Now we're gonna rush Smith back from a soft tissue injury and he could re injure it and complicate his season. Terrible player management in my opinion.

Yes, you can because other NFL qbs deal with imperfect OL situations as well. When Dak got time he was off the whole night so you cant just blame it on the OL every time. One INT wasn't his fault, but the rest of them were squarely on him. So were a bunch of drops and overthrows.

Dak Prescott is simply just ok. I'm not expecting him to be perfect, but a good NFL qb would have been better than Dak was last night.

zeke21

Reaction score
Lots of comments that 'dak haters' are using this 'blip' of a game to justify their hatred. I disagree.. I don't think I have found a single hater on this forum.. yes there are some guys who think Dak isn't the future QB of this team, myself included, but that is about far more than hatred.

I have petitioned that Dak would be nothing without Zeke and I couldn't believe they gave Dak the MVP ahead of him. Dak got the easiest ride a 1st year QB will ever get last year. The FO stuffed up in a big big way when they didn't immediately slot Romo back in. Had they done that then i think we run deep in playoffs and we would probably be watching Romo go about it again this year with Dak as his understudy.. or perhaps use that awesome showcase to package him up for a really high pick!

However the past it done and now we are stuck with it for at least another season. Dak can't throw the deep ball.. can't throw receivers open, doesn't have pocket awareness but hides it by having reasonable pocket mobility. Yes Dak can run but he isn't actually spectacular at it.. he is not a Cam newtwon type. Compared to late year Romo he looks better than he is. Plenty of young QB's with more mobility around the league. Dak doesn't protect the ball and has shown that if the OLine fails then he will give up the strip sack multiple times. Dak also throws high and wide a lot on mid-long routes and to the feet on short routes. Very difficult for a receiver to read the ball as it is thrown from a low launch point. Dak doesn't set his feet which means that he was always going to be a pick chance. This was hidden as we used him as a dink and dunk with Zeke doing the heavy lifting.. but 8 Int's later.. we get the picture.

I said I'd give him the 6 weeks and so I will.. but I think the world is about to see exactly what level of player Dak is and it ain't good news for the Boys. The better news is that Zeke will be back in 4 weeks and has a long career ahead of him with a point to prove.. going to be exciting to watch.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score

The funny thing is several posters who are critiquing Dak are being called knee jerkers after these two games when in reality, they've been critical of Dak's accuracy issues since he started.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
My top five list of things that concern me more than Dak Prescot:

Offensive line isn't up to standards of recent years.
Defense continues to be average on a good day, awful on a bad one.
None of our receivers are a threat to run by the defense, so they're defensed accordingly.
Coaching lacks creativity, and if a key piece is missing they struggle to make any adjustments.
Jerry Jones is still in charge.

renny

Reaction score
Concerned that no QB has won with this coaching staff.

I like Dak but if you arent somewhat concerned right now I dont know what would concern you. His passing game has regressed this year.

I have high hopes for him as he is a tough kid, with excellent character, heart and work ethic. But he is definitely in a funk. I realize his numbers have been really good but he has missed a ton of throws. He has made a ton of plays as well.

All I was hoping for was incremental improvement and I dont believe thats the case so far this season.

However, the deck has certainly been stacked against him this year starting with awful matchups out of the gate and now losing Zeke while our Oline falls apart after losing Leary, Free and now Smith.

All said the rest of this season will be revealing as to what we actually have. Am I writing him off? Hell no. But hes gonna have to show something. He cant always have everything perfect and everyone healthy. Adapt and overcome, thats the game. Fwiw Id still bet on him.