*** The Dak Prescott Thread **merged**

kevm3

Reaction score
It would be nice if some of you became eagles fans so we don't have to hear the constant drooling about wentz. He's never coming here, so if you want to cheer for the better qb", feel free to jump aboard the philly bandwagon.

superonyx

Reaction score
The real shocker is it might be the other way round. They're trying to keep it simple for him to succeed. To hide his shortcomings. But without Zeke he looks lost.
Nice try but No.

Romo had to deal with this crap for years. In fact Dak gives them more to work with than Romo did. They didn’t trust Tony. Dak gives him running ability and yet the scheme requires us to scratch and claw for every yard.

kevm3

Reaction score
The real shocker is it might be the other way round. They're trying to keep it simple for him to succeed. To hide his shortcomings. But without Zeke he looks lost.
Romo was enough to win a superbowl and yet we had a 6 and 10 season and 3 8 and 8 seasons under him. It's obvious garrett is the problem.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Im not even hyping Wentz but y'all Dak groupies are annoying. It's like y'all afraid to say this dude is stinking even when he has a chance to do good. I don't want him to fail but this year overall isn't good and when we lose the same bad stuff about him is in play. How many times can that happen before people admit he is stinking? If he played for another team in this division people would be quick to say this guy might be the next RGIII but now it's every excuse in the book for why he so good.

I hope he does great but unfortunately maybe he is destined to be just avg not what we (at least most) thought he was after last year. Hope I'm wrong.

Who is “ya’ll”

I have stated in other threads that Dak isn’t playing well right now.

But thanks for not responding to the premise of the post.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Wentz IS more talented than Dak. Sunday showed us that Wentz has better tactical awareness in the field, a far better arm and accuracy, better escapability, leadership, and can find the open receiver. Dak is not Wentz but has very good ability with a good cast of players around him and good schemes to play in. He just can not carry a team on his shoulders when the team becomes average or just below average.
So this is what you created a post for, to state that Wentz is better than Dak? Ok I agree with you. But why are you leaving out a few others, like Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, Ben roethlisberger (sp?) Etc....
So now that that is out of your way, can we talk about Cowboys stuff seeing we are supposed to be Cowboys fans and this is a cowboys board

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Who is “ya’ll”

I have stated in other threads that Dak isn’t playing well right now.

But thanks for not responding to the premise of the post.
Youre welcome and I don't care about your premise of your post. I posted what I felt was what I thought you were speaking on. Don't like it? You'll live

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Dak played horribly but you sound way too excited about this. Almost like an Eagles fan.

Will say I’d like to see Wentz under these coaches and team compared to his this season.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Yeah I don't normally come in and start getting all down. And I still won't, but the fact remains all season we have seen a guy who can't make all the throws, and just is not seeing the field CONSISTENTLY enough. Romo did much more with less.

I'm a Dak supporter, but I'm also real with my damn self.

Risen was right and 85% of this forum was dead *** wrong

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
This team suffers from multiple things and that is: poor collective talent all around from wide receivers that can't get open to safetys/cb's that are either too slow or too new, dirt poor coaching staff who run too simple of schemes, outdated and with poor adjustment abilities, etc.... So to keep blaming this on one guy (QB) like we did with Romo and now Dak is crazy

HungryLion

Reaction score
Youre welcome and I don't care about your premise of your post. I posted what I felt was what I thought you were speaking on. Don't like it? You'll live

No worries. I’m used to reading idiotic posts by now.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Romo was enough to win a superbowl and yet we had a 6 and 10 season and 3 8 and 8 seasons under him. It's obvious garrett is the problem.

Romo never had a losing season.

that 6-10 is not on romo. Kitna was 5-5 that season. Romo got hurt against the giants when they had a lead. he would have willed that team back to at least 8-8 that year.

I agree though on the coaches. I like garett and I like linehan but at some point everything becomes stale and new voices and ideas are needed. Having said that it is never happening. Jerry and Stephen are comfortable and get to do whatever they want. A big time head coach would never put up with an owner and his son giving out team business 3 times a week on the radio and the constant tv interviews.

so we either get garrett or we get someone who wants the job but knows there are limits to what can be done.

Josh Mcdaniels would actually probably be a great fit building an offense around the abilities the qb has here but that guy would never come here.

diefree666

Reaction score
Dak is part of the problem but more of a case of sinned against then sinning. He is STILL a young QB with a very unstable situation between suspensions and injuries. He has the grit and determination but not the support of a good staff overall

And of course handicapped by a incompetent HC and a OC that is about as stable as a bowl of jello.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
At least Romo scores points and made things watchable. This offense is unwatchable it’s worse than Brandon weeden.

diefree666

Reaction score
Romo never had a losing season.

that 6-10 is not on romo. Kitna was 5-5 that season. Romo got hurt against the giants when they had a lead. he would have willed that team back to at least 8-8 that year.

I agree though on the coaches. I like garett and I like linehan but at some point everything becomes stale and new voices and ideas are needed. Having said that it is never happening. Jerry and Stephen are comfortable and get to do whatever they want. A big time head coach would never put up with an owner and his son giving out team business 3 times a week on the radio and the constant tv interviews.

so we either get garrett or we get someone who wants the job but knows there are limits to what can be done.

Josh Mcdaniels would actually probably be a great fit building an offense around the abilities the qb has here but that guy would never come here.

You will never again get an ESTABLISHED coach here as long as Jerry is running things or having a lot to do with it. Stephen I think would be OK once he feels he no longer needs to compete with his father. BUT who knows how long THAT will take.

Our best hope is that we get a young guy wanting a chance who can do things willing to put up with Jerry long enough to prove himself.

tcc0808

Reaction score
Dak will always be at a handicap until he has a real coach

13-3 last year and one of best rookie seasons ever... and the handicap is coaching?

Good and/or bad it's not all on the coach, and not all on the o-line, not all on the WRs.

I think it's pretty clear to see, he's just not playing as well this year as last. Good thing is he has shown the ability, now hopefully he can rediscover it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
You will never again get an ESTABLISHED coach here as long as Jerry is running things or having a lot to do with it. Stephen I think would be OK once he feels he no longer needs to compete with his father. BUT who knows how long THAT will take.

Our best hope is that we get a young guy wanting a chance who can do things willing to put up with Jerry long enough to prove himself.

its not happening. I dont ever waste my time thinking about it. I just accept that the jones family is comfortable with garrett. he lets them do whatever they want and stephen thinks he is some sort of personnel guy and him and garrett are doing it the steelers/packers way by building in house.

Actually I support that idea and think its the best way to build a team but it requires you to draft well and this team does not draft well on defense.