The Dak sucks thread **merged**

khiladi

Reaction score
COACHES refuse to correct Daks horrible mechanics. Dak continues to throw on the run in the worst possible position. He is lazy and refuses to change by working on setting his feet first. Just watch Aaron Ridgers aet his feet first while on the run to make accurate throws. Dak seems to not understand this and will continue to put everyone in a bind by his pathetic mechanics.

You can’t really correct mechanics this late in the game. All of this was on his pre-draft profile and it was more than evident last year. He doesn’t anticipate WRs getting open, he is hesitant to throw, he can’t throw well outside the hashes. He throws off his back foot and tries to force the ball. Unlike RG3 who basically only went through his first progression, Dak is the guy who goes through his progressions but doesn’t throw it when he’s supposed to.

Dak is, what he is. He’s a change of pace, back up.

Last edited:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Very Ugly today. I've been worried since the preseason, when Dak didn't really have any great success with the deep game, when he did play. I had the feeling that many here are describing that this can be a very long and ugly season. But with all that said, I'm not ready to give up on Dak just yet. Like I said, we'll know who we have at him at some point in the season. Today it felt like we already know, but I like to be logical and say that one game isn't enough. Next week though, if we beat the Giants, well that won't say much since they were terrible today too.

JDSmith

Reaction score
There’s nothing poetic about losing, even if it serves crow to the folks you want to eat it.

When being right is more important than winning, you've got your fandom all wrong.

Not saying that it was more important to him, but it kinda came across as some kind of redemption.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dude has scored 1 TD in the last 4 games. Let that sink in.

Today was the first game in 16 years where we didnt have an offensive possession in opponents territory in the first half.

He had his LT, his RB, and a second round pick at G. So those excuses from last year dont fly

khiladi

Reaction score
Sort of afraid Jerry/Stephen still may think he's the future even with these performances. Not saying he couldn't be but each game like this makes me think he was an one hit wonder .Shame. Cause there's a lot about him to root for.

They really don’t care apparently. They look like they are just trying to clear up the accounting books these days.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All this you typed sounds good but I guess Rg3 doesn't ring a bell?
I will preface my response by saying I am not being glib in any sense of the word.

Jerry Jones is not Daniel Snyder. I strongly doubt the decisions that led to Griffin's relative quick exit from Washington will not be repeated in Prescott's case due to that singular fact.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
We have a mobile QB who can extend plays, yet our whole passing game is revolved around curls, come backs and out routes. Not to mention this scheme is about timing and anticipation, neither of which are Dak's strengths.

Routes that have your WRs STATIONARY or pinned to the sidelines with their back to the defense, giving Dak no outlets when he is out of pocket extending plays.

If we had more crossing routes, which are really hard to cover across the field it would give Dak places to go when he buys time.

Teams like the Packers and Eagles have been making a killing doing this for years, but we are stuck in our 90s style offense. The Rams do a lot of this with their TEs as well and not for 2 yards.

Look at most of R. Wilson's big plays out of the pocket, most of his big throws come to

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The running back is fine... if the QB made a defense even care if it is a passing play or not.

Oh yah, the RB looked great. He really showed everyone how he is the best RB in the NFL. And that whiffed block for the 7 yards sack was a thing of beauty also.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We have a mobile QB who can extend plays, yet our whole passing game is revolved around curls and come back and out routes.

Routes that have your WRs STATIONARY, giving Dak no outlets when he is out of pocket extending plays.

If we had more crossing routes, which are really hard to cover across the field it would give Dak places to go when he buys time.

Teams like the Packers and Eagles make a killing doing this, but we are stuck in our 90s style offense.[/QUOyE]

The do NOTHING to exploit his strengths. No roll outs, nothing. They just want him sitting in the pocket and delivering 8 yards curls. LOL

And they probably have a top 5 back in the NFL and all they do is run him straight up the middle. Two great DT's, Keuekly and our pro bowl center is out. How stupid is Garrett?

Last edited:

zerofill

Reaction score
Think Romo hangs 30 on Carolina with this bunch do ya? haha

Now? Coming out of the announce booth? No.... But, he could probably come out ofteh announce booth and play better then Dak did lol.

I don't want Romo back... that day has passed. He is better off where he is... he doesn't have to be the OC and QB at the same time.

I just want to draft a friggin QB... should have taken Bridgewater!

Beaker42

Reaction score
They need someone who is willing to actually throw.

If his streak continues, he’s only getting 8 games at best. He is in quick sand and he doesn’t know how to recover.

He is the worst Qb in our division, without a doubt.

Dak or Eli is the worst? I’m going with Dak as the worst.