The Dak sucks thread **merged**

zerofill

Reaction score
No to Cooper Rush.

But I don’t want them to force Mike White in either. Let him develop.

I know one thing.... if Dak doesn't want to play any better then this... I would get Chaz back temporarily, so that it didn't look like I was replacing Dak. Then after the first game with Chaz back, you can believably put Dak on IR lol...

Carnes

Reaction score
When you have an incapable qb as your qb couch what do you expect your qb to be like? At least wade Wilson had nfl experience that amounted to something

Haimerej

Reaction score
Not going to make excuses for Dak. I am tired of having a QB that needs excuses. Romo fans have a million excuses for him. If Dak can’t get it done, get another QB. I don’t want to waste yet another decade. Get a QB that can win.

Remember his rookie year when I went back and forth with you and UVA about Tony needing to play when he got healthy? I'm feeling more and more justified about that. In fact, since Garrett made that decision I'm soured on him. Tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but every time they play a good defense Dak crumbles. I feel sorry for Zeke.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Think Romo hangs 30 on Carolina with this bunch do ya? haha

I'm pretty confident that Romo could have come out of the booth and still led us to double digits today. Hell, Aikman might have been able to.

8 points. Let that sink in. Less than 10 points in 5 of the last 7 games. For this team, with this QB, double digit games are becoming like unicorns. And now we don't have Bailey to kick long field goals all day.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Again i'm sitting here watching trubitsky make elite type throws in his second year that i'm not sure dak is capable of making. Mahomes the same today. I'm watching brees, eli and brady in their older age make deep throws i again ask myself "can dak make"

Its concerning he isn't getting better. It really is. Long season but if we get to week 8 and this is still going on its time to think about next year. Its time to think about getting serious about a replacement.

I don't think right now we need Dak to throw "elite" passes, more than we just need him to pass the ball further down the field to keep teams from sitting on the underneath stuff. However he can't pass the ball down the field if he's under pressure as soon as the ball is snapped, so there's a lot to clean up this week as a whole.

I think we get the line play cleaned up, and start looking at better routes and maybe this offense can shake this game off as just out game planned. and nothing more.

If he gets the time to make the reads and the balls are still sailing, or being under thrown, then we got a good idea on what we got.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
If Dak is going to be your QB then you should have a decent chunk of the playbook be designed plays with him running. When you’re playing a garbage D and Zeke is ripping off 10 yard runs all over the place you don’t need to use it. But when the offense is sputtering you need to risk Dak getting hurt in order to use the talent that he has. Dak will never be a guy that drops back and slings it all over the field with any success.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Remember his rookie year when I went back and forth with you and UVA about Tony needing to play when he got healthy? I'm feeling more and more justified about that. In fact, since Garrett made that decision I'm soured on him. Tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but every time they play a good defense Dak crumbles. I feel sorry for Zeke.
Yeah I do. Good call. I think the season ends the same. If Romo put up 100 points, Rodgers would find a way to get 101.

robertfchew

Reaction score
this game was romofied for us. I have never been to a live game where dallas lost. I kept thinking dak could do it cause he was the underdog from miss state. He got scared every time the crowd was loud. He has a 3rd string arm.
Receivers were open all game. Troy has to make excuses because he's a Dak guy.

Romo would have had 300 yards and 28+ points today easily with the same group.

zerofill

Reaction score
Curious on your thoughts about how he missed that wide open 12 yard out on 4th and 10 to basically end their last best hope of scoring. After all the back and forth this offseason/preseason and flack you took from his supporters, it seemed kind of poetic that he missed it to basically lose the game.

I don't know if he has ever completed an out route, unless it was luck.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Hopefully, the entire offense, along with Prescott, get things on track and on track pretty darn fast. The potential is certainly there for it to happen.

But this continual 'We are gonna draft a first round quarterback' mantra is laughable. It is like the events of 2016 are a dream.

Rookie quarterbacks do not replace franchise quarterbacks and have short careers as the replacement. Jones made a commitment. Some people on the outside looking in agreed with the commitment.

Prescott will be the featured quarterback for a number of years. He has the potential to live up to the hype. He has shown it. But being shortsighted will not change his longevity because his performance does not meet expectations outside of Jones'.
All this you typed sounds good but I guess Rg3 doesn't ring a bell?

jnday

Reaction score
Why is anybody surprised by Dak's play? His rookie year was not normal. His play since that rookie season is the real Dak. He had the same faults in college. I have said the same thing since the day that he was drafted. He is a good kid, but he does not have the natural talent to be a starting QB in this league.

erod

Reaction score
When you have an incapable qb as your qb couch what do you expect your qb to be like? At least wade Wilson had nfl experience that amounted to something

Our QB coach is probably the most successful QB of any QB coach in the NFL. Moore owns a ton of NCAA passing records.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well Garrett has been here 9 years and has jack to show for it...………..maybe they need to rethink the path they are on

Just saying.
Not saying you are wrong. Just pointing out how they think is not necessary how anyone else thinks. It is a reality that some people do not accept but it is unquestionable nonetheless.

John813

Reaction score
Sort of afraid Jerry/Stephen still may think he's the future even with these performances. Not saying he couldn't be but each game like this makes me think he was an one hit wonder .Shame. Cause there's a lot about him to root for.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Curious on your thoughts about how he missed that wide open 12 yard out on 4th and 10 to basically end their last best hope of scoring. After all the back and forth this offseason/preseason and flack you took from his supporters, it seemed kind of poetic that he missed it to basically lose the game.
There’s nothing poetic about losing, even if it serves crow to the folks you want to eat it.