The Dak sucks thread **merged**

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Dak isn't going to improve under the tutelage of Garrett, Linehan, and Kellen Moore. They need a QB with a higher ceiling because they aren't going to elevate his game.

This is what I find funny about the "Dak sucks" crowd.

Even if he DOES suck, which may very well be true -- what good is it going to do to replace him right now?

Are the Three Stooges of Garrett, Linehan and Moore the guys anyone feels comfortable with selecting and developing our next franchise QB?

I sure as hell don't. I see no sense in making a move at QB until we have a new head coach.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
My faith in Dak is wavering but I still believe strongly in him.

Get that Rookie out of the RG spot and light a fire under Looney so we can actually provide a pocket from which connection to Micahel Gallup can be made.

La'el to RG (whether he likes it or not..)
Williams to RT.

We should have gone after Bridgewater. Period... Thanks Jerry. Thanks clapper.

Number1

Reaction score
Romo didnt have a line most of his career. This isnt a terrible oline either.

Romo didn't have an idiot like Scott calling the plays (for most of his career) and had guys like TO / Dez / Witten to throw to

I'd also point out Dak and Tony both suffered from ridiculously bad OL depth

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is what I find funny about the "Dak sucks" crowd.

Even if he DOES suck, which may very well be true -- what good is it going to do to replace him right now?

Are the Three Stooges of Garrett, Linehan and Moore the guys anyone feels comfortable with selecting and developing our next franchise QB?

I sure as hell don't. I see no sense in making a move at QB until we have a new head coach.

Exactly, and, if anything, I'd be interested in replacing the coach first before replacing the QB. It's clear to me that JG's offence doesn't fit Dak's style of play. Yet, JG is too stubborn to change it for Dak's strengths. Aikman said as much yesterday. Dak is a dual threat QB. He has the capability to take off and run. Yet, it looks CLEAR to me that the coaches have taken that away from him. For example, on that missed pass to Jarwin, it was an easy first down if he tucks it and runs with it like he did his rookie season. Yet, he decides to throw it. Yes, Jarwin was wide open, but he's got an easy first down if he runs it. That was an obvious example of what looked like he'd been coached to do. I was hoping he WOULD run on that play. He had 1 carry that I saw yesterday, and he had opportunities for more if he'd use it. THAT was what made him so good his rookie year. His ability to beat you with his legs and arm. However, the coaches have wiped away the threat of the legs from opponents leaving his arm exposed. Again why I say that our coaches have a unique ability of making other teams look better than our team. Instead of coaching to the STRENGTHS of the player and MASKING as many of the weaknesses as possible, they EXPOSE the weaknesses of the player. THAT is reckless and HIGHLIGHTS their ineptitude at coaching. Do you think Andy Reid wouldn't figure out how to make the most of Dak? Want Dak to be successful? Let him use his legs.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
My faith in Dak is wavering but I still believe strongly in him.

Get that Rookie out of the RG spot and light a fire under Looney so we can actually provide a pocket from which connection to Micahel Gallup can be made.

La'el to RG (whether he likes it or not..)
Williams to RT.

We should have gone after Bridgewater. Period... Thanks Jerry. Thanks clapper.

My faith in Dak hasn't wavered that much. My problem is with the coaches who are making Dak play a style of QB that he's NOT suited for. He's NOT a sit in the pocket and carve you up QB. He's a mobile QB that is dangerous on the run. He can use his legs just as much as his arm.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Exactly, and, if anything, I'd be interested in replacing the coach first before replacing the QB. It's clear to me that JG's offence doesn't fit Dak's style of play. Yet, JG is too stubborn to change it for Dak's strengths. Aikman said as much yesterday. Dak is a dual threat QB. He has the capability to take off and run. Yet, it looks CLEAR to me that the coaches have taken that away from him. For example, on that missed pass to Jarwin, it was an easy first down if he tucks it and runs with it like he did his rookie season. Yet, he decides to throw it. Yes, Jarwin was wide open, but he's got an easy first down if he runs it. That was an obvious example of what looked like he'd been coached to do. I was hoping he WOULD run on that play. He had 1 carry that I saw yesterday, and he had opportunities for more if he'd use it. THAT was what made him so good his rookie year. His ability to beat you with his legs and arm. However, the coaches have wiped away the threat of the legs from opponents leaving his arm exposed. Again why I say that our coaches have a unique ability of making other teams look better than our team. Instead of coaching to the STRENGTHS of the player and MASKING as many of the weaknesses as possible, they EXPOSE the weaknesses of the player. THAT is reckless and HIGHLIGHTS their ineptitude at coaching. Do you think Andy Reid wouldn't figure out how to make the most of Dak? Want Dak to be successful? Let him use his legs.

Hell, Carolina showed us a pretty good blueprint yesterday for how to use a dual-threat QB.

Norv's gameplan and identity was very simple - put the ball in the hands of your best player (Cam) and let him go to work.

What's our identity? What do we want Dak to be? It's hard to tell.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hell, Carolina showed us a pretty good blueprint yesterday for how to use a dual-threat QB.

Norv's gameplan and identity was very simple - put the ball in the hands of your best player (Cam) and let him go to work.

What's our identity? What do we want Dak to be? It's hard to tell.

EXACTLY! Cam SKEWERED us on the read option! Then, using that, he was able to freeze our defence and attack the middle of the knowing that we were worried about him rolling out. Garrett forces Dak to stay in the pocket which is NOT his game. Your QB will ALWAYS struggle when your coach isn't putting them in the POSITION to succeed. Part of that POSITION to succeed means building an offence to FIT that QB. If you can't do that, then you have no business coaching the team. Garrett clearly can't figure out how to use Dak. Norv could! Think Norv wouldn't make Dak successful? Think Norv (former coach....might be a good replacement for JG) wouldn't foam at the mouth at the possibility of using Dak like he's using Cam?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
EXACTLY! Cam SKEWERED us on the read option! Then, using that, he was able to freeze our defence and attack the middle of the knowing that we were worried about him rolling out. Garrett forces Dak to stay in the pocket which is NOT his game. Your QB will ALWAYS struggle when your coach isn't putting them in the POSITION to succeed. Part of that POSITION to succeed means building an offence to FIT that QB. If you can't do that, then you have no business coaching the team. Garrett clearly can't figure out how to use Dak. Norv could! Think Norv wouldn't make Dak successful? Think Norv (former coach....might be a good replacement for JG) wouldn't foam at the mouth at the possibility of using Dak like he's using Cam?

Furthermore, with the QBs coming out of college often, Garrett will really struggle with Dak's replacements if we go that route. MOST college QBs are read option/mobile QBs. You know that Oregon QB that a lot of you are bringing up? Guess what he does a lot. Garrett's stuck with the mindset that QBs must be pocket passers. Dak's a read option WCO-style QB. One of these things just doesn't belong here!

LittleD

Reaction score
I think they'll pay a decent wage waiting till 2nd week means contract is not insured

Give Dez best opportunity to shine.

Ps I will be buying his jersey if he goes to the Pats. And I will have my :popcorn: ready

It won't bother me if he goes there. He gave the Cowboys some good years and Romo knew exactly how to find him.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
4_Iwxhjn.jpg

how many different ways can Troy say it?:clap:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
My faith in Dak hasn't wavered that much. My problem is with the coaches who are making Dak play a style of QB that he's NOT suited for. He's NOT a sit in the pocket and carve you up QB. He's a mobile QB that is dangerous on the run. He can use his legs just as much as his arm.
I 100 percent agree. I saw many examples yesterday of how the natural Dak could have kept drives alive if the programmed Dak wasn't holding the ball. Thanks Jerry. Thanks clapper.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I can't tell you how many times I screamed "run the $#*@<&+ ball" at the screen yesterday... & I wasn't referring to Zeke.

So many QB scramble yards left on the field...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I 100 percent agree. I saw many examples yesterday of how the natural Dak could have kept drives alive if the programmed Dak wasn't holding the ball. Thanks Jerry. Thanks clapper.

Exactly, and THAT is the real problem here. I am almost POSITIVE that if we draft another QB without getting rid of Garrett that the next QB will suffer just as much as Dak is. The style of QB that Dak plays is COMMON, and it requires a coach that knows how to use it. Garrett clearly hasn't figured it out, and I don't think he ever will. Garrett wants a pocket passer. Dak's NOT a pocket passer. That's why he's uncomfortable and losing confidence by the game. Garrett's essentially starving Dak of what makes him successful in the hopes that he'll be able to fit Garrett's view of an effective QB. It doesn't work like that. The COACH must adjust to the QB's style.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I can't tell you how many times I screamed "run the $#*@<&+ ball" at the screen yesterday... & I wasn't referring to Zeke.

So many QB scramble yards left on the field...

Yes, and that means points left off the board. Plus, have you noticed how Dak has taken a lot of sacks between last year and this year? That's because he DOESN'T run! That's AGAIN on the coaches.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Exactly, and THAT is the real problem here. I am almost POSITIVE that if we draft another QB without getting rid of Garrett that the next QB will suffer just as much as Dak is. The style of QB that Dak plays is COMMON, and it requires a coach that knows how to use it. Garrett clearly hasn't figured it out, and I don't think he ever will. Garrett wants a pocket passer. Dak's NOT a pocket passer. That's why he's uncomfortable and losing confidence by the game. Garrett's essentially starving Dak of what makes him successful in the hopes that he'll be able to fit Garrett's view of an effective QB. It doesn't work like that. The COACH must adjust to the QB's style.
Nailed it.

Kellen Moore is also not a QB coach.. lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Nailed it.

Kellen Moore is also not a QB coach.. lol

Yes, and neither is Jason Garrett lol. And that's what gets me about a lot of those having a go at Dak. Yes, he had problems yesterday, but those were NOT present his rookie season. You don't just go from nailing 12 yard pass plays like he did his rookie year to not even being able to complete passes and not having anyone open. The plays will be there if he's allowed to do what he does best.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yes, and neither is Jason Garrett lol. And that's what gets me about a lot of those having a go at Dak. Yes, he had problems yesterday, but those were NOT present his rookie season. You don't just go from nailing 12 yard pass plays like he did his rookie year to not even being able to complete passes and not having anyone open. The plays will be there if he's allowed to do what he does best.
The two of us are obviously seeing the same things. You may as well accept the fact that nothing will change until Garrett, Linehan, and Kellen Moore are all jettisoned.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The two of us are obviously seeing the same things. You may as well accept the fact that nothing will change until Garrett, Linehan, and Kellen Moore are all jettisoned.

Exactly, and, as stated, those pleading for a Tom Brady and Tony Romo-type of stand in the pocket QB are barking up the wrong tree nowadays. That's not common anymore, and there's a reason for it. You have to adjust to what the colleges are pumping out. Until the pocket passers start to get pumped out in colleges, Garrett must adjust his expectations of QBs.