The Dak sucks thread **merged**

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I could post about half a dozen other similar qb charts from yesterday but no one wants to hear it. They just want to bash without understanding the whole picture.
No offense but please read with understanding my friend. I said yeah that chart is similar but what person is going to even say that about Rodgers? Folks know what time it is with Dak because that's how most of his charts probably look. I'm not so sure if it's not you that doesn't want to hear it.

Ken

Reaction score
The defense played a good game. Dak is just limited, he was limited last season, was it the preseason then as well? Fans should face the reality instead of throwing blame. And yeah The coaching sucks.
I am willing to not make knee jerk reactions like 95% of this board about our QB or the entire offense based on 1 game...a game that anyone should have been able to see was going to be a tough game to win based on:

• Road Game against the #7 defense from last year
  • All new parts on offense that haven't played togther
  • Club med approach to training camp
  • Offensive line that is adjusting to not having their leader TF.
This is the extent of it. I didn't think Dak played bad aside form missing the wide open play. Let's give it a few games before we start with the sweeping conclusions.

khiladi

Reaction score
Really... so in 2014 when Romo could have won the mvp....was he is Garrett’s scheme?

Jerry Jones made Garrett a walk-around HC and banned him from the offense that year. He is no longer here to ‘coach this team’ and implement his concepts.

That QB-coach was released for Dak last year and it shows just how ridiculously incompetent this whole bunch is.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
This chart is great. Question: Out of the 7 passes beyond 10 yards, how many travelled 10+ yards in the air?

It always amazes me that people who blindly support Dak fall back on his completion percentage. If the majority of any NFL QB's passes are less than 10 yards, their completion percentage will be high. However, how many games will a QB win that keeps throwing short passes?

khiladi

Reaction score
I’m still shaking my head at the FO making this decision to start Dak, knowing what they saw in practice. His technique is his technique, his throws are his throws, whether in practice or not...

What exactly were they discussing in this meetings and who exactky convinced Jerry to make the dumbest decision, outside hiring Garrett and doing everything in his power to make him look good at the expense of his team, in Cowboys history?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Romo wasn't as dramatic in 2008 when it came to audibles. When he was under center, he didn't audible much, but when he was in shotgun, he would make a couple of adjustments with the protection and communicate with the WRs with hand gestures as well. He did have T.O. and Witten who were great option route runner and can read a defense as well so they would have to be on the same page on the obvious passing plays.

My response wasn't about Romo doing things in his 3rd year. It was about a poster saying this is the same scheme that Romo did well in 2014.
No, the poster pointed out that Romo was an mvp candidate with Garrett as his coach, something eitherbyou or someone else said couldn’t happen. If I remember correctly , someone stated NO qb could be successful with these coaches schemes... something that was obviously BS.

khiladi

Reaction score

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
NO QB IS going to improve under the tutelage of Garrett, Linehan, and Kellen Moore.

Thats just how things go .

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Dak is the same QB now that he was in 2016. His flaws, the same flaws that are documented in scouting reports, were evident then. The only difference is, defenses know him much better, the team around him is not as good and he is feeling much more pressure.

I had serious doubts about him then but hoped he could improve.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak isn't going to improve under the tutelage of Garrett, Linehan, and Kellen Moore. They need a QB with a higher ceiling because they aren't going to elevate his game.

Or maybe he's just a glorified backup QB?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This chart is great. Question: Out of the 7 passes beyond 10 yards, how many travelled 10+ yards in the air?

It always amazes me that people who blindly support Dak fall back on his completion percentage. If the majority of any NFL QB's passes are less than 10 yards, their completion percentage will be high. However, how many games will a QB win that keeps throwing short passes?
Count the number of completions that were at about FIVE YARDS OR LESS. Hell with ten yards.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I find it funny how we read that Garrett is just a puppet and Jerry runs the team, yet Garrett was allowed to make the most important decision in regards to cowboys future, not Jerry. So which is it? Puppet, or decision maker for JG?

I think JG does get a voice in a fair amount of the decision making. He was one of the voices shooting down the idea of Manziel. Also, he was the one that decided to go with Dak over Romo. So, I think Jerry DOES listen to his coaches, but he's not afraid to overrule them when he thinks the coach is completely wrong. For example, I think I recall when Jerry overruled Parcells when they were determining whether or not to get DWare over Merriman. Parcells wanted Merriman, but Jerry wanted DWare. As it turns out, Jerry was right on that one. However, the following year, Parcells wanted Bobby Carpenter, and Jerry complied. So, I don't think Jerry is the absolute control freak that he is made out to be, and I do see examples of times when he will come onboard to the ideas of the coaches if they can prove to him why they want to go with their decision. I think that is actually good thing. Yes, coaches may want a player, but that player may not be the right choice.