The Dak Sucks Thread **merged**

JDSmith

Reaction score
If he can break 200 yards and either throw or rush for 2 Td’s I will take it.

Honestly, 200 yards is optional if they run the freaking ball. If Dak had thrown for 160 last week because he only threw 22 times and we handed the ball to Zeke 26 times I think everyone would be pretty happy. Yes, we all want NFL type numbers, but efficiency and handing off to Zeke a lot more would make people ignore slightly anemic passing yardage.

Last edited:

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Honestly, 200 yards is optional if they run the freaking ball. If Dak had thrown for 160 last week because he only threw 22 times and we handed the ball to Zeke 26 times I think everyone would be pretty happy. Yes, we all want NFL type numbers, but efficiency and handing off the Zeke a lot more would make people ignore slightly anemic passing yardage.

Yeah people get caught up with the yardage, but that’s a subplot to the game. A quarterback can have a fantastic showing and play a big role with 170-220 yards.

Obviously, Dak’s Sub-200 yard performances haven’t been fitting this category of late. He’s just playing poorly.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Honestly, 200 yards is optional if they run the freaking ball. If Dak had thrown for 160 last week because he only threw 22 times and we handed the ball to Zeke 26 times I think everyone would be pretty happy. Yes, we all want NFL type numbers, but efficiency and handing off to Zeke a lot more would make people ignore slightly anemic passing yardage.

I think you’re right. Really it’s more about the yards per attempt. He needs to get the YPA up to at least 6.8. And 6.8 isn’t good. But it’s at least tolerable.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I think you’re right. Really it’s more about the yards per attempt. He needs to get the YPA up to at least 6.8. And 6.8 isn’t good. But it’s at least tolerable.

Yeah, 6.8 is about the minimum I think. I'd like to see it closer to 8, then we're throwing the ball efficiently.

But this should always be a run first offense. I'm not sure how we're coming out of these games with 34 pass attempts and 17 carries. It's not like the Seahawks or Panthers are offensive powerhouses and we're getting down by 30 points.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yeah, 6.8 is about the minimum I think. I'd like to see it closer to 8, then we're throwing the ball efficiently.

But this should always be a run first offense. I'm not sure how we're coming out of these games with 34 pass attempts and 17 carries. It's not like the Seahawks or Panthers are offensive powerhouses and we're getting down by 30 points.

I agree to a point. Lack of first downs are killing us. Not running enough plays total, period.

starcity214

Reaction score

It's because defenses are loading the box.

When you have 5 guys going against 8 , you will always lose that battle. Then we start to hear how this O line is overrated and all that noise when in reality, not even Larry Allen in his prime could take on 2 guys at once. I hate to sound like a broken record but the lack of a threat in the passing game is the main reason why we suck on offense.

What can zeke and the O line do when they are outnumbered almost every first and second down?

The only way to fix this offense is to start making plays down the field.

As much as fans complained that Garret was pass happy , I'm surprised to hear that people think that a run heavy offense will have success...

It starts and ends with the QB

JDSmith

Reaction score

When you have 5 guys going against 8 , you will always lose that battle. Then we start to hear how this O line is overrated and all that noise when in reality, not even Larry Allen in his prime could take on 2 guys at once. I hate to sound like a broken record but the lack of a threat in the passing game is the main reason why we suck on offense.

What can zeke and the O line do when they are outnumbered almost every first and second down?

As much as fans complained that Garret was pass happy , I'm surprised to hear that people think that a run heavy offense will have success...

They are loading the box, but Zeke is still getting yardage on his limited carries. And if he gets past that big pile of defenders near the LoS he's got a chance to go a long way. I know they are ganging up on the run, but they aren't stopping it. It's not like Zeke is getting 17 carries and averaging 1.8 yards per carry.

zerofill

Reaction score

I think a run happy offense would have success with the Lions. But, obviouslly it is our Achilles heal with most teams.

starcity214

Reaction score
They are loading the box, but Zeke is still getting yardage on his limited carries. And if he gets past that big pile of defenders near the LoS he's got a chance to go a long way. I know they are ganging up on the run, but they aren't stopping it. It's not like Zeke is getting 17 carries and averaging 1.8 yards per carry.

You're right. Zeke is a beast but still , we can't expect that game plan to take us anywhere..

Not against good teams anyway.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Balance is key.

What's the difference between running the ball 40 times a game and when Romo had to throw it 40 times a game?

I'm all for balance. If Dak was throwing 25 and Zeke was running 22+ with maybe a couple of RO runs by Dak, we'd probably have some success. It would almost have to look better than this 30+ throws and 16ish carries.

JDSmith

Reaction score
You're right. Zeke is a beast but still , we can't expect that game plan to take us anywhere..

Not against good teams anyway.

I don't think our offense is going to beat many good teams. But I think that Dak's absolute lack of confidence is hurting the passing game, and maybe finding some rhythm running the ball could take the pressure off of him and let him relax a bit. I honestly don't think it will matter unless Dak does a complete 180, but at least it won't be painful to watch.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Balance is key.

What's the difference between running the ball 40 times a game and when Romo had to throw it 40 times a game?
Because running the ball tires out a defense faster than passing. Heavy run teams are tough to beat. Factoid, highest scoring game of all time was 79-0. Bears passed only 6 times that game.
Balance is key.

Because if you can run 30-40 times you will win. Passing 30-40 times it is a coin toss if you win.

Last edited:

catiii

Reaction score
Yeah, well it's 2018 and we're the Dallas Cowboys, bro. What the hell are we doing with a QB that can't be asked to throw for 200 yards a game?
This list has him 5th WORST in the NFL at 33.7 QBR. :eek: Just despicable he is on the field for this team at all. His infamous youtube passing competition video is even more embarrassing. He couldn't hit targets right in front of him.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr