The Daklemma

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak has a big enough body of work that shows he isn’t good enough on his own to get this team to a championship level.

Other players elevate Dak and our focus needs to be on other players and not a guy who is just along for the ride like Dak.

It wasn’t that we went 8-8.. It’s that we lost a division we had no business losing to a whimpering Philadelphia Eagle team and couldn’t score a TD.
And why is that @CATCH17 ? Think about it. Dak has brought this team back many times on his own over the years, so why did he fail during this one game during Week 16 at Philadelphia? Is a torn up throwing shoulder and fractured throwing hand index finger not good enough for you? Tell us all which other QB has been able to throw accurately all game long fresh from suffering both types of injuries to their throwing shoulder and hand?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And why is that @CATCH17 ? Think about it. Dak has brought this team back many times on his own over the years, so why did he fail during this one game during Week 16 at Philadelphia? Is a torn up throwing shoulder and fractured throwing hand index finger not good enough for you? Tell us all which other QB has been able to throw accurately all game long fresh from suffering both types of injuries to their throwing shoulder and hand?

Dak has almost 0 playoff success.

He needs help and lots of it. For all his heroics you speak of it’s amounted to nothing and almost all the data shows that if he takes up a large percentage of the cap we are done in terms of winning a Super Bowl.

I’m looking at his entire body of work.. Not just 1 season even though it was his most important season. Philly had a lot more excuses then we did with Dak playing a little banged up.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t get why people hold Dak to a standard they won’t hold other QBs to. An extension is a no-brainer.
The problem isn't Prescott, it's the other 5 O players in the top 6 paid and a RB at 15M and a DE at 21M.

These other teams paying QB's in the 30M+, they're not on the hook for as many top 6 paid at their position contracts. How many of those can any team afford before they're in trouble with the rest of their team and depth?

The Joneses either ignored this or thought they could work around it. They have 7 players in the top 6 now with QB, WR1 and CB1 up. They could end up with half the starting lineup in the top 6 paid at their position, what are they going to have with the other half? This is Cap 101 screwup.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak has almost 0 playoff success.

He needs help and lots of it. For all his heroics you speak of it’s amounted to nothing and almost all the data shows that if he takes up a large percentage of the cap we are done in terms of winning a Super Bowl.

I’m looking at his entire body of work.. Not just 1 season even though it was his most important season. Philly had a lot more excuses then we did with Dak playing a little banged up.
A little banged up? Please, don't let your bias get in the way of your judgment. Like I said before, show me when any other QB has thrown well having to play with a torn shoulder in his throwing arm and a fractured index finger in his throwing hand all at the same time?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A little banged up? Please, don't let your bias get in the way of your judgment. Like I said before, show me when any other QB has thrown well having to play with a torn shoulder in his throwing arm and a fractured index finger in his throwing hand all at the same time?

It didn’t seem to bother him against a crappy Commanders team.

There is no excuse for us losing to that whimpering Philadelphia squad.. Stop being a Dak homer my gosh..

It’s not like he had great games against a bunch of good teams this year. What was wrong with his shoulder in New Orleans?

8-8 and not good enough to carry a team in a bad division. He needs a lot of help and to think otherwise is to be a true Dak homer.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The problem isn't Prescott, it's the other 5 O players in the top 6 paid and a RB at 15M and a DE at 21M.

These other teams paying QB's in the 30M+, they're not on the hook for as many top 6 paid at their position contracts. How many of those can any team afford before they're in trouble with the rest of their team and depth?

The Joneses either ignored this or thought they could work around it. They have 7 players in the top 6 now with QB, WR1 and CB1 up. They could end up with half the starting lineup in the top 6 paid at their position, what are they going to have with the other half? This is Cap 101 screwup.

They haven’t paid Dak yet.. Once they do we are pretty much done but they still have time to keep the window open.

If they want to build the team around Zeke then do it but we can’t pay these positions and expect to win a Super Bowl.

We have got to have 2 of the 3 things you need to win a title and right now we are lucky if we have 1 of those things.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It didn’t seem to bother him against a crappy Commanders team.

There is no excuse for us losing to that whimpering Philadelphia squad.. Stop being a Dak homer my gosh..

It’s not like he had great games against a bunch of good teams this year. What was wrong with his shoulder in New Orleans?

8-8 and not good enough to carry a team in a bad division. He needs a lot of help and to think otherwise is to be a true Dak homer.
Uhhh, hello. By the time we played the Commanders, Dak had been receiving rehab and heavy injections for 2 weeks by then. Of course he is going to feel and perform better. Basic anatomy and physiology common sense. You sound foolish with your hate. I can only imagine how bad you will get once Dak gets his big contract in the next month or two? I'm sure it will be entertaining.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Uhhh, hello. By the time we played the Commanders, Dak had been receiving rehab and heavy injections for 2 weeks by then. Of course he is going to feel and perform better. Basic anatomy and physiology common sense. You sound foolish with your hate. I can only imagine how bad you will get once Dak gets his big contract in the next month or two? I'm sure it will be entertaining.

Have fun celebrating his contract.

For someone that sounds so foolish I sure have a lot of facts and data that support me.

starfan1

Reaction score
They haven’t paid Dak yet.. Once they do we are pretty much done but they still have time to keep the window open.

If they want to build the team around Zeke then do it but we can’t pay these positions and expect to win a Super Bowl.

We have got to have 2 of the 3 things you need to win a title and right now we are lucky if we have 1 of those things.

That's really not true they can actually pay him and cooper and possibly Byron so don't let the facts get in the way. Now you can make a case that he will take up alot of cap space but he can be signed. It just makes you salty. I get it I was salty when they did it with romo but there's cap space it just remains to be seen whether or not the cowboys value him enough to make that leap.

I think the sticking point is years. Dak wanted a shorter term contract so he can hit the market again soon and the cowboys wanted lock him up longer. That number appeared to be between 33-35.They do need to draft well and that means better than they have the last 2

starfan1

Reaction score

so true and I love the Oline. this is also another reason why its important to get Dak deal done as this line has maybe 2 years left and that may be pushing it

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, where's your data and facts? All I hear is some serious whining and complaining.

I’m not making things up about QBs with big contracts not winning championships. QBs that take up a large percentage of the cap don’t win.. Especially if they are mediocre like Dak. Most of these QBs do it on their rookie deal or on the back end while taking a pay cut.

This is known.

Dak needs a lot of help and he has proven he wasn’t good enough to even get to a conference championship game on his rookie deal.. Much less a Super Bowl..

So now you will read that and start making excuses about coaching, defense, etc.. I agree but it’s going to be near impossible to give him everything he needs while paying him elite money.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That's really not true they can actually pay him and cooper and possibly Byron so don't let the facts get in the way. Now you can make a case that he will take up alot of cap space but he can be signed. It just makes you salty. I get it I was salty when they did it with romo but there's cap space it just remains to be seen whether or not the cowboys value him enough to make that leap.

I think the sticking point is years. Dak wanted a shorter term contract so he can hit the market again soon and the cowboys wanted lock him up longer. That number appeared to be between 33-35.They do need to draft well and that means better than they have the last 2

They need more then what they have had if Dak is the QB.. That is proven. Paying more for what we already had is going to cause us to have to get creative elsewhere.

Dak needs a lot to win a championship and imo he isn’t so good that we couldn’t easily replace him and keep building the rest of the roster.

Dak has enjoyed being in one of the most optimal QB situations in the league.

starfan1

Reaction score
They need more then what they have had if Dak is the QB.. That is proven. Paying more for what we already had is going to cause us to have to get creative elsewhere.

Dak needs a lot to win a championship and imo he isn’t so good that we couldn’t easily replace him and keep building the rest of the roster.

well we'll see how it plays out statistics and results say that he may just very well be good enough but convincing you of that is probably wasting bandwidth

shabazz

Reaction score
It absolutely does. Since ALL QBs have games just like those. And, yes, elite QBs go 8-8 all the time. Where do ideas that the don't get started?

Doesn't seem like the FO agrees with that line of thinking. Some of us still believe that Dakota is doing the least with the most

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so true and I love the Oline. this is also another reason why its important to get Dak deal done as this line has maybe 2 years left and that may be pushing it
I love the OL too and don't have a problem with them keeping the most critical unit in the game together but throughout history, no team has put this much into their OL and the other players as well.

You build a great OL so you don't have to have the highest paid RB. That was what Shanahan did in DEN. He could run almost any good affordable RB behind that line and did.

At some point they need to look at their contracts vs results. That payroll for what this team has failed to achieve is poorly invested. And two LBs they let walk were in the SB....starting. It's one thing to keep a player, it's something else to overpay him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They're going to have to get creative elsewhere regardless of what they do.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I’m not making things up about QBs with big contracts not winning championships. QBs that take up a large percentage of the cap don’t win.. Especially if they are mediocre like Dak. Most of these QBs do it on their rookie deal or on the back end while taking a pay cut.

This is known.

Dak needs a lot of help and he has proven he wasn’t good enough to even get to a conference championship game on his rookie deal.. Much less a Super Bowl..

So now you will read that and start making excuses about coaching, defense, etc.. I agree but it’s going to be near impossible to give him everything he needs while paying him elite money.
Dak is mediocre? I'd say your cabeza is mediocre. What have you been watching the past 4 years?

Dak couldn't get to a championship game his rookie year? Are you serious with this baloney? Hello!?!? Dak is the reason the Cowboys had a chance by bringing the team back from being down 18 points halfway through the 2nd quarter, to tying the game at 31 all with 39 seconds left in the game. It was the Defense and playcalling (along with the crooked officials) that cost the Cowboys, NOT Dak!

Quit your lying already.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak is mediocre? I'd say your cabeza is mediocre. What have you been watching the past 4 years?

Dak couldn't get to a championship game his rookie year? Are you serious with this baloney? Hello!?!? Dak is the reason the Cowboys had a chance by bringing the team back from being down 18 points halfway through the 2nd quarter, to tying the game at 31 all with 39 seconds left in the game. It was the Defense and playcalling (along with the crooked officials) that cost the Cowboys, NOT Dak!

Quit your lying already.

What am I lying about?

Also, I said he is slightly above mediocre.

Again, you make a lot of excuses for Dak and I agree... He needs a lot of help to ever win a championship