The Dallas Cowboys don't need extra outside noise?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was reading an article about our Cowboys...."cowboys don't need extra outside noise"....

I found a startling fact....

"The Cowboys — a team that’s won three playoff games since 1996 "....

I mean we all know our foibles. Heartaches and heartbreaks and let downs. Sometimes ad nauseum. And I don't want this to become a hate fest (no really).

It's just something that I've not really seen or thought about like that. Yes...I've seen the "Cowboys...losing for 25+ years".

3,,,,,playoff games.....since 1996.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I was reading an article about our Cowboys...."cowboys don't need extra outside noise"....

I found a startling fact....

"The Cowboys — a team that’s won three playoff games since 1996 "....

I mean we all know our foibles. Heartaches and heartbreaks and let downs. Sometimes ad nauseum. And I don't want this to become a hate fest (no really).

It's just something that I've not really seen or thought about like that. Yes...I've seen the "Cowboys...losing for 25+ years".

3,,,,,playoff games.....since 1996.
Yup. It's been pretty pitiful.

shabazz

Reaction score
Yup, but our starting QB has one of the 3 wins and it only took 6 of those 25 years

This the Cowboys year!

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s embarrassing…..yet they keep dragging us back in. I find it funny that when it falls apart in big games it falls apart big time. Through multiple HC’s, players, etc. I don’t see that with other teams. It’s like a curse or too much pressure. I prefer to go on the road myself

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
They must not be counting the bye week in 2007.

With a little luck we'll be at 4 after this season. Or 5 if you're counting the bye week in 2007.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It’s embarrassing…..yet they keep dragging us back in. I find it funny that when it falls apart in big games it falls apart big time. Through multiple HC’s, players, etc. I don’t see that with other teams. It’s like a curse or too much pressure. I prefer to go on the road myself

A curse, you say? Three playoff wins since 1996, the same year this became the official mascot. Coincidence?

okpejz4wbi18cdi9tuwf.jpg

Proximo

Reaction score
We’ve won three playoff games since 2009.

We were in a drought from 1997-2008.

For some reason everyone includes the drought when framing recent history.

Why not say “X playoff wins since 2009”, or better yet, “X playoff wins since 1990”. Everyone uses 1996 because it makes it sound as bad as possible.

yentl911

Reaction score
Long rough last couple decades for this once perennial NFL power house

JJ sold his soul for the ‘95 championship and we will not win another one until he’s gone unfortunately

yentl911

Reaction score

Why not say “X playoff wins since 2009”, or better yet, “X playoff wins since 1990”. Everyone uses 1996 because it makes it sound as bad as possible.

because it has been bad. Very bad

CCBoy

Reaction score

Or...It's taken this long for the rest of the NFC to adjust since since Dallas won 19 straight NFC Easts with Tom Landry...even with Jerry pushing to allow free agency even though Dallas held advantages in the old system!

starman22

Reaction score

Because that is the last year we won the super bowl. Since our last super bowl in 1996 we have won three playoff games. That is bad.

You should put your application in for press secretary.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Did we win any playoff games between 1997-2008? Simple question.

It's not about "making us look as bad as possible"> It's about the truth. Can ya handle it?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because that is the last year we won the super bowl. Since our last super bowl in 1996 we have won three playoff games. That is bad.

You should put your application in for press secretary.
It a spin worthy of it!

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Yeah I knew that fact already, I don't even get excited like when the team goes 11-4 because I am still thinking that in the playoffs they are one and done.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet people still have an unquenched thirst to make it sound worse than it is.
Again...it's NOT about :making it sound worse than it is".

It's just a plain simple fact.

You act like we were disqualified or didn't compete for a playoff spot. We had every opportunity to play for and win a playoff game in those years and failed.