The Dallas Cowboys don't need extra outside noise?

khiladi

Reaction score
We’ve won three playoff games since 2009.

We were in a drought from 1997-2008.

For some reason everyone includes the drought when framing recent history.

Why not say “X playoff wins since 2009”, or better yet, “X playoff wins since 1990”. Everyone uses 1996 because it makes it sound as bad as possible.

No, it’s because of our last SB, the team that Jimmy built. They view it from the perspective 1996, because that’s in large part the line they demarcate as when Jerry has been running the full show.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I was reading an article about our Cowboys...."cowboys don't need extra outside noise"....

I found a startling fact....

"The Cowboys — a team that’s won three playoff games since 1996 "....

I mean we all know our foibles. Heartaches and heartbreaks and let downs. Sometimes ad nauseum. And I don't want this to become a hate fest (no really).

It's just something that I've not really seen or thought about like that. Yes...I've seen the "Cowboys...losing for 25+ years".

3,,,,,playoff games.....since 1996.
...and your loser mentality expects the Cowboys losing in the playoffs to continue?

GINeric

Reaction score
:lmao::lmao::rolleyes:
I was reading an article about our Cowboys...."cowboys don't need extra outside noise"....

I mean we all know our foibles. Heartaches and heartbreaks and let downs. Sometimes ad nauseum. And I don't want this to become a hate fest (no really).

It's just something that I've not really seen or thought about like that. Yes...I've seen the "Cowboys...losing for 25+ years".

I think I read somewhere on here that Dak was blamed for our losses in 1998....

RoboQB

Reaction score
A curse, you say? Three playoff wins since 1996, the same year this became the official mascot. Coincidence?

okpejz4wbi18cdi9tuwf.jpg

This is the reason that members with a Rowdy avatar should be on a "watch list".
No true fan of the team likes this ridiculous mascot... lol
(mostly kidding...okay maybe half kidding)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...and your loser mentality expects the Cowboys losing in the playoffs to continue?
I have a loser mentality?

First Off...I happen to think people that can't handle truth are losers.
2nd....I don't post losing very often.

and 3rdly final....what does MY "mentality" have to do with anything? I've had EXTREMELEY positive mentalities over the years....that helped?

and 4thly....This is not an indicator of my mentality nor expectations. It's just a comment form an article I was reading today.

If you want me to find something like....."We're #1 offense"...to prove I have good mentality...I can. I want to be a good fan in your eyes. :rolleyes:

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have a loser mentality?

First Off...I happen to think people that can't handle truth are losers.
2nd....I don't post losing very often.

and 3rdly final....what does MY "mentality" have to do with anything? I've had EXTREMELEY positive mentalities over the years....that helped?

and 4thly....This is not an indicator of my mentality nor expectations. It's just a comment form an article I was reading today.

If you want me to find something like....."We're #1 offense"...to prove I have good mentality...I can. I want to be a good fan in your eyes. :rolleyes:
Easy fella'...we're in here with you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Where have you been ?

This has been worst era in Cowboys history.

We are one of only 3 teams in NFC who haven’t been in conference championship game since 1996. Dallas, Detroit and Washington .

And only one of 5 in entire NFL including AFC ‘s Miami and Cincinnati .

Not a good group to be in in last 25 years.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the amazing and inexplicable fact is that this franchise has remained America's Team and the most watched sports franchise in this country.

Other franchises struggle and lose support while this franchise has actually increased support while accomplishing nothing. During this time span, DET has lost all 5 playoff games, WFT has won 2 and CLE has won 1. That is it, those are the only teams you can actually compare playoff history to since 1996.

This just supports the idea that the Cowboys are not really about football; they are about entertainment. They are the professional sports reality show, just look at all of the past shenanigans that got them covered by the tabloids and TMZ as well as the ESPN's. The team is a conduit to celebrity for the owner, that is the most important value of this team to him. I believe the money and family employment opportunities are second to his need to be a celebrity. The money was the driving force initially but I believe that changed. Do you think it is coincidental that he is the only owner in all sports to be shown when his team plays? Even away games, he gets the camera shots. Even when there is a game in his house not involving his team, camera time.

What to take away from this? You should feel good about yourself, proud. The franchise? Not so much but we are fans with unrequited love yet we continue on. The best analogy I have seen is that we are hopelessly in love with a significant other than continually disappoints us and treats us poorly. Yet we continue to adorn her (tickets, merch and attention is a form of adornment) and stay devoted to her with the singular hope that one day they might love us back.

Want this to change? Have all the networks tell Booger he gets no camera time, no interviews until his team becomes a real factor in the playoffs. Then, stand back.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

Why not say “X playoff wins since 2009”, or better yet, “X playoff wins since 1990”. Everyone uses 1996 because it makes it sound as bad as possible.
They've been saying we haven't won anything for 25 years for the last ten years. Accuracy doesn't seem to be a priority

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Did we win any playoff games between 1997-2008? Simple question.

It's not about "making us look as bad as possible"> It's about the truth. Can ya handle it?
No, since 1996 we have only won a playoff game in 2009, 2014 and 2018.

I don’t have to look any of this up. I’ve lived it all with impeccable memory. And it’s not breaking news.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

People use 1996 because the Cowboys are measured by Super Bowls, not wild card round playoff wins.

Three playoff wins since 2009 isn't exactly a lot to brag about, either.

Acheman08

Reaction score
When jerry pulls up his powerpoint pie graph, winning is a REALLY tiny sliver. Hes fine with "selling hope...and Miller Lite". Even at 1-15 I was a die hard fan but the last 5 years ive been very slowly losing interest. Never would have imagined that ever happening but since the Jones family will be in charge even after Jerry is gone, i dont think anything will change.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did we win any playoff games between 1997-2008? Simple question.

It's not about "making us look as bad as possible"> It's about the truth. Can ya handle it?
you mean redundant information and truths weve all known about and don't need reminders.

as to the disgruntled and delusional fans who start these just want to start poop. Negative Nancy types, doom and gloom, naysayer's aka poop stirrers. The entire OMG its been 25 years is stupid.

go it can you handle that truth??

so many different players and coaches have come through the ranch the last 26years and the current players and this little era form 2016, DO NOT have to pay for the sins of past failures and it means nothing.

its a year to year league but if we stay in current eras meaning Romos, daks, others etc then it's easier to debate and that makes too much sense for those that just won't let it go.

352ima.jpg

dcstar

Reaction score
A curse, you say? Three playoff wins since 1996, the same year this became the official mascot. Coincidence?

okpejz4wbi18cdi9tuwf.jpg

Good one...first time I've heard of the Rowdy curse.

Go Cowboys!