The Dallas Cowboys have addressed all but one of their major needs this offseason

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't know if you saw it yesterday but Williams rehab is ahead of schedule.

Jameson Williams is still on the road back from an ACL injury. That path might be shorter than expected.

Williams spoke with NFL Network's James Palmer at Alabama's pro day on Wednesday and revealed he's ahead of schedule.

"Right now, I'm about 10 weeks out of surgery, the timescale I was getting was about 5-7 months, and I'm ahead of schedule, so with me being 10 weeks, we're just getting a lot of movement, a lot of good workouts in," Williams told Palmer. "I'm in the pool and everything, a slight jog, really getting to do high-knees, butt kicks and things like that, just getting back in the motions. Everything is going good so far, with me being this far out and this far down the process, and it's not that far it's just the beginning, so I think I would say everything's going good so far."

Alabama WR Jameson Williams says he's 'ahead of schedule' in ACL rehab, hopes to be ready for training camp (nfl.com)
Excellent news on Jameson Williams! I hope he slides down to the Cowboys in the 1st round.

conner01

Reaction score
That's the problem and my opinion is a little different on WRs but I don't think you're going to find a Cooper replacement in round 2. After the first four or five, if your lucky, you might be able to get Wilson type production from a rookie. Gallup didn't even put up Wilson numbers his first year.
The chances of replacing coopers talent in second is extremely slim but hopefully you can get a guy who can play and be productive
A solid 2 to go with Lamb is about all you can hope for but right now we don’t have that till Gallup is back
Lamb, Gallup, Washington and a young guy who can be a solid 2 is about all you can hope to accomplish
Starting the season you aren’t gonna have Gallup so we certainly need help there
Whether a guy is there in the second is unknowable now. But that’s true with any position. If the talent is there you certainly have the need. If it’s not then you can’t reach. Just get the best help you can get at another position
But WR is a major concern

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Moves_So_Far.png

As it stands offensive line is the biggest position of need for the Cowboys and the best answer for that might in fact come during next month’s draft. This week we launched a series on the Blogging The Boys YouTube Channel (make sure to subscribe which you can do right here) called ‘Mock Draft Monday’ (a name that nobody has ever used before!) where we run through mock drafts to figure out options that would work well for the Cowboys.

When Dallas was on the clock we were fortunate enough to be sitting in a spot where Tyler Linderbaum, Kenyon Green, and Zion Johnson were all there. Obviously this was just one exercise and one of many ways that things could play out a few weeks from now, but seeing a world where Dallas has options should make us all feel better about the glaring need at left guard at the moment.

It is possible that the Cowboys do still look to add a veteran to their offensive front in line with how they tend to approach free agency in general. The initial waves of the acquisition period are over, but that doesn’t mean that they won’t find someone like they did Ty Nsekhe last year (although that was a bit earlier in the process than now).

If history is any indication the Cowboys will add an offensive lineman at some point before the draft. Time will tell.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...l-but-one-of-their-major-needs-this-offseason
PLEASE SIGN A FREE AGENT GUARD ALREADY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Tell “us all”? How many people utilize that dumb “sloth” stuff, other than you?
Hey Homie, don't be a hater and get all BUTT hurt because you didn't recognize the TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH formally known as Dak Prescot's inabilities first. Everyone knows that the Human SLOTH is to slow reading defenses and WAY TOO slow finding the OPEN receivers and TEs. The whole offensive line knows that the SLOTH is the reason the running game was horrible the second half last season, they all know that it was near impossible to block 9, 10 or 11 D players with 5 O-Linemen and still has a successful running attack. So Homie don't blame me for your dogging you're $160 million dollar HUMAN SLOTH!

ESisback

Reaction score
Hey Homie, don't be a hater and get all BUTT hurt because you didn't recognize the TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH formally known as Dak Prescot's inabilities first. Everyone knows that the Human SLOTH is to slow reading defenses and WAY TOO slow finding the OPEN receivers and TEs. The whole offensive line knows that the SLOTH is the reason the running game was horrible the second half last season, they all know that it was near impossible to block 9, 10 or 11 D players with 5 O-Linemen and still has a successful running attack. So Homie don't blame me for your dogging you're $160 million dollar HUMAN SLOTH!

I’m not butt hurt at all, just amused by how dumb this oddball sloth talk sounds. You tell people not to be a “hater” when you obviously hate the Cowboys’ QB!

conner01

Reaction score
PLEASE SIGN A FREE AGENT GUARD ALREADY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This draft looks like it’s gonna be perfect to get a pretty good guards prospect fairly cheap for 5 years and likely be getting the top player on their board
If we sign a FA for the oline it needs to be a swing tackle since we don’t have one without moving Steele and putting in a guy who’s never played a game
Seems like the most logical move to me

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This draft looks like it’s gonna be perfect to get a pretty good guards prospect fairly cheap for 5 years and likely be getting the top player on their board
If we sign a FA for the oline it needs to be a swing tackle since we don’t have one without moving Steele and putting in a guy who’s never played a game
Seems like the most logical move to me
Thanks, I like going into the draft with no glaring holes
For the sake of flexibility.

conner01

Reaction score
Thanks, I like going into the draft with no glaring holes
For the sake of flexibility.
That is the perfect scenario for sure
But we have 14 mil in cap space and we will still add a few more players so there is a limit to spend. A sold swing tackle isn’t cheap but I can’t remember the last time we didn’t use at least 3 OT in a season so that position worries me

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
That is the perfect scenario for sure
But we have 14 mil in cap space and we will still add a few more players so there is a limit to spend. A sold swing tackle isn’t cheap but I can’t remember the last time we didn’t use at least 3 OT in a season so that position worries me
The whole line worries me accept for right guard.

Batman1980

Reaction score
That’s reasonable
Can Steele do it full time?
Can Biadasz get stronger against the bull rushes ?
Can smith play a full season?
Can we find a LG?
It’s certainly a lot of questions

Maybe
Hopefully
No
Hopefully
Dak's butt just puckered up a bit seeing my responses lol

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Moves_So_Far.png

As it stands offensive line is the biggest position of need for the Cowboys and the best answer for that might in fact come during next month’s draft. This week we launched a series on the Blogging The Boys YouTube Channel (make sure to subscribe which you can do right here) called ‘Mock Draft Monday’ (a name that nobody has ever used before!) where we run through mock drafts to figure out options that would work well for the Cowboys.

When Dallas was on the clock we were fortunate enough to be sitting in a spot where Tyler Linderbaum, Kenyon Green, and Zion Johnson were all there. Obviously this was just one exercise and one of many ways that things could play out a few weeks from now, but seeing a world where Dallas has options should make us all feel better about the glaring need at left guard at the moment.

It is possible that the Cowboys do still look to add a veteran to their offensive front in line with how they tend to approach free agency in general. The initial waves of the acquisition period are over, but that doesn’t mean that they won’t find someone like they did Ty Nsekhe last year (although that was a bit earlier in the process than now).

If history is any indication the Cowboys will add an offensive lineman at some point before the draft. Time will tell.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...l-but-one-of-their-major-needs-this-offseason
What names on this board is going to stop the Arlington Jonesboys from giving up 4.5 yards per carry rush defense. This has been going on for 2 years. You need DL specifically DT.

Batman1980

Reaction score
What names on this board is going to stop the Arlington Jonesboys from giving up 4.5 yards per carry rush defense. This has been going on for 2 years. You need DL specifically DT.

A defensive line of DeMarcus Lawrence, Jordan Davis, Neville Gallimore and Dante Fowler makes me happy.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Very misleading. O-line has not been addressed. Receiver group is weaker now. Linebackers besides when Micah drops back is a question mark counting on a 2nd year player who is coming off ACL. D-line is weaker. Yes they still have the draft but they also put themselves in a situation where they are going to need to hit on a few draft picks that can come in and make a difference. That’s just to get them back to the same level of last year not surpass it which I thought was important in the off season. They were won and done last year and they very well could be weaker this year.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
That’s reasonable
Can Steele do it full time?
Can Biadasz get stronger against the bull rushes ?
Can smith play a full season?
Can we find a LG?
It’s certainly a lot of questions

Can the offensive line keep Dak from being hurt and missing multiple games?

Cebrin

Reaction score
Moves_So_Far.png

1 need. :laugh:

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I’m not butt hurt at all, just amused by how dumb this oddball sloth talk sounds. You tell people not to be a “hater” when you obviously hate the Cowboys’ QB!
Ha-Haaaaaaa, I don't hate the Dak Prescot, I hate what he's turned into. I hate it that the SLOTH isn't getting any better, I hate the fact that good money is being spent on a mediocre QB who is too slow reading defenses and way tooooooooo slow finding WIDE-OPEN receivers and TEs. I hate the fact that COOP was traded primarily for opening his mouth without naming ANYONE about "HIS " lack of production because, when in fact it was the SLOTH's job to get him the ball and he failed at it. But let's get something straight HOMIE, I don't hate Dak Prescot................