The Dallas Cowboys have addressed all but one of their major needs this offseason

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yes arguments can be made on Cooper, Gregory, and Collins....Not great ones but moving them has a good argument...now what I cant argu is what you have done with the money saved, again these after cut actions are not actions a win now team makes. Can CD be the #1 WR yes he better be for what we spent on draft to get him, Can Fowler replace Gregory's production (yes there is an argument to be made), will continuing to use Steele at RT be ok (again there is an argument to be made..especially if Collins would not go inside to play OG)....But now that you have saved the money you had with those arguments...how do you make a case for not spending it to improve the other parts?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Oh, do they? The Eagles are the only professionally run team in the division?!? Hilarious delusion. DESPITE the lack of SBs in the last 26 years, Dallas has a much larger fanbase, much more worth as a franchise, better ratings, more coverage, more Lombardi’s, more playoff wins, a better stadium and nickname, and they lead by a wide margin in head to head matchups with Philly, not to mention sweeping both games last year, each by three TDs. Those are indisputable facts, and you can debate it all day, and just look stupid. So go ahead, prove me right by arguing.
In the last 26 years. Dallas is in the joke category with the other bottom feeders. Eagles are near the top during that time and also have a SB. I'm glad for you that you that those jersey sales make you feel so much better lol.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Nope. It’s the natural progression that every team makes when they lose a player at a specific position for whatever reason (trade, cut, retirement, etc.). Younger players (and less expensive) are generally expected to move up the roster and replace players. It’s just how it works.
That's how it works for good teams or teams on the rise, not teams that flounder for 26 years.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
In the last 26 years. Dallas is in the joke category with the other bottom feeders. Eagles are near the top during that time and also have a SB. I'm glad for you that you that those jersey sales make you feel so much better lol.

The Eagles did win a SB (Finally) and one could say the way they dismantled that team is epic failure...Sure the Cowboys have a bad FO..but the Eagles FO makes its very fair share of ridiculous moves....Shall we play the reruns of the Eagles latest drafts?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
The Eagles did win a SB (Finally) and one could say the way they dismantled that team is epic failure...Sure the Cowboys have a bad FO..but the Eagles FO makes its very fair share of ridiculous moves....Shall we play the reruns of the Eagles latest drafts?
My point is look at what matters - post season success. For the recent couple decades the facts are what they are and it isn't close. Dallas has sunk to joke territory and the Eagles are in the top 1/3 or something like that. I think the eagles GM is an annoying twerp, and he's made some terrible moves, but it's also true he had a good draft last year, and the moves he pulled in getting a 1st for Wentz and that massive contract, and also getting Miami to hand over their first round pick while still drafting the player they wanted all along (Smith) was masterful. They've cycled through multiple coaches and multiple QB's and they always land on their feet even if it doesn't always end in a SB. It sucks for us, but those are the facts. They have a competent owner and it all flows from there. We don't and that's why we have squat to show for results since the late 90's.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
My point is look at what matters - post season success. For the recent couple decades the facts are what they are and it isn't close. Dallas has sunk to joke territory and the Eagles are in the top 1/3 or something like that. I think the eagles GM is an annoying twerp, and he's made some terrible moves, but it's also true he had a good draft last year, and the moves he pulled in getting a 1st for Wentz and that massive contract, and also getting Miami to hand over their first round pick while still drafting the player they wanted all along (Smith) was masterful. They've cycled through multiple coaches and multiple QB's and they always land on their feet even if it doesn't always end in a SB. It sucks for us, but those are the facts. They have a competent owner and it all flows from there. We don't and that's why we have squat to show for results since the late 90's.

Again i agree.. with some of it ....but staying with that GM has been a major error, does that put the owner on Jones status no, but it certainly doesnt look good to me. Cowboys have a FO that defines the word Insanity..and the past has proved that eventually the Eagles owner will probably move on from said GM after it doesnt work in the next few seasons..but right now it looks crazy what the owner has let that GM do to a team that was in the SB not too long ago.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Build the defensive front 7 and the offensive line.

Round 1 Kenyon Green OL, Tyler Linderbaum OC, or Nakobe dean LB
Round 2 Sam WIlliams Edge, Travis Jones NT , or Phidarian Mathis NT
Round 3 Cole Strange OG, Darian Kinnard OL, Luke Fortner IOL, Christian Watson WR, Josh Paschal DL, Khalil Shakir
That is where the draft capital should go !

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Moves_So_Far.png

As it stands offensive line is the biggest position of need for the Cowboys and the best answer for that might in fact come during next month’s draft. This week we launched a series on the Blogging The Boys YouTube Channel (make sure to subscribe which you can do right here) called ‘Mock Draft Monday’ (a name that nobody has ever used before!) where we run through mock drafts to figure out options that would work well for the Cowboys.

When Dallas was on the clock we were fortunate enough to be sitting in a spot where Tyler Linderbaum, Kenyon Green, and Zion Johnson were all there. Obviously this was just one exercise and one of many ways that things could play out a few weeks from now, but seeing a world where Dallas has options should make us all feel better about the glaring need at left guard at the moment.

It is possible that the Cowboys do still look to add a veteran to their offensive front in line with how they tend to approach free agency in general. The initial waves of the acquisition period are over, but that doesn’t mean that they won’t find someone like they did Ty Nsekhe last year (although that was a bit earlier in the process than now).

If history is any indication the Cowboys will add an offensive lineman at some point before the draft. Time will tell.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...l-but-one-of-their-major-needs-this-offseason
I get frustrated with radio podcasters like this who panic and inexplicably feel we need to spend a costly 1st or 2nd round pick on an Olineman. Many of this same type post in here as well. Too lazy to do some research, watch videos and actually realize there is very good talent to be had for our Oline in the middle rounds.

Leave the first 2 rounds for specialty players.

For example...

These 3 Olinemen (Guards in college) can be had in Rounds 3-5 :

Ed Ingram, G, LSU
Height: 6-3. Weight: 317. Arm: 33.38. Hand: 10.00.
40 Time: 5.02. 10-Yd: 1.74. Three Cone: 7.81.
Vertical: 20.5. Broad: 8-6.
Projected Round (2022): 2-3.

Marquis Hayes, G, Oklahoma
Height: 6-4. Weight: 318. Arm: 35.50. Hand: 8.75.
40 Time: 5.3. 10-Yd: 1.83.
Vertical: 23.5. Broad: 8-6.
Projected Round (2022): 3-4.

Spencer Burford, G/OT, Texas-San Antonio
Height: 6-4.5. Weight: 293. Arm: 34.25. Hand: 9.50.
40 Time: 5.19. 10-Yd: 1.83.
Vertical: 27.5. Broad: 8-9.
Projected Round (2022): 3-5.

Carson

Reaction score
And the players Dallas added are consistent and can be counted on? If you're going to get riled up about inconsistency, take a look at what Washington and Fowler have done.
They aren’t killing the cap

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I am not seeing how that is the case, LG, DT, LB, and S all could use upgrades last season and they have either lost players or stood pat by resigning guys like LVE.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Again i agree.. with some of it ....but staying with that GM has been a major error, does that put the owner on Jones status no, but it certainly doesnt look good to me. Cowboys have a FO that defines the word Insanity..and the past has proved that eventually the Eagles owner will probably move on from said GM after it doesnt work in the next few seasons..but right now it looks crazy what the owner has let that GM do to a team that was in the SB not too long ago.
I don't see how you can say sticking with that GM has been a major error when they have been one of the most successful franchises in the league for the last 20 years. And he's got 3 first round picks coming up (although I bet he does something wacky with them).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is what our starting right side of the Oline should be like...

Screenshot-20220330-122046-Gallery.jpg

But Philbin is mentally stuck on being proven right on Biadasz at Center.

jnday

Reaction score
They are in better shape than most on here will give them credit for.
Yes on paper they seem to have taken a stamp back. But have they really, when you look at the overall picture and future cap space and possible replacement players that are not here yet.

They need to address the OL still, and not just in the draft.
However that can be addressed after the draft as well. Some decent OL for a stop gap player will get released before TC.

They can get an OL or 2 as well, LB, DT, S, TE in the draft.
They refuse to sign any decent free agents now. Why do you expect them to sign any decent free agents after the draft? You are depending on players that is not even on the team to justify a terrible offseason. The draft will not solve the problems either. It is rare for a rookie to have much impact at all. Parsons rookie season was one in a million.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They refuse to sign any decent free agents now. Why do you expect them to sign any decent free agents after the draft? You are depending on players that is not even on the team to justify a terrible offseason. The draft will not solve the problems either. It is rare for a rookie to have much impact at all. Parsons rookie season was one in a million.

What about Lamb?
Martin, Frederick, Tyron Smith when he was a rookie. LVE, though his play dropped off from injuries.
Zeke and Dak in their rookie seasons?

Seems like rare happened often.

And I did not say the FA if any later on would may an impact. Just that they may sign a few that can help. Not any single one may by himself at that point.
And the addition of a few can make an impact just enough for others to be better.
That was my intent anyway.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
We will have 9 draft choices and by my calculation over 30 million post June 1(Collins 10M Schultz 5?) in salary cap.The second wave of cuts will be a torrent of reliable vets after June 1 and lots of teams that could not wait in March will be out of money. Let the cake bake.
There’s not a huge wave of guys cut after June 1. Most are like La’El. They’re already cut and just designated post June 1

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Yeah this is the spin we get every year we lose a couple of guys. They were too expensive. They were malcontents. Team chemistry will be better. The draft will save us. And here we sit, year after year after year pretty much fizzling out every season.

Reality is the Cowboys have not had a good offseason to date. They've done little to improve problem areas that were noticeable in the 2021 season and problem areas they created in the offseason by cutting/trading guys. They've either stayed the same or downgraded at every position. Their assumption that the draft will cure all their ills is just a fantasy they keep telling themselves will work.

Fine, you don't want to pay Gregory? I get that. Then go out and use that money on a guy that is as good, if not better, and isn't a malcontent. We get Dante Fowler. That's a downgrade. You don't like Cooper's contract? Fine. But subtracting Cooper is a big blow to the offense so go out and find a good WR replacement. We get a Steelers cast off in Washington. Dump Collins because he's been an issue? OK. Well now you are banking on Steele being as good, if not better, more consistently. So use Collins eventual cap savings to get a competent, starting caliber OG then. Nope. We haven't even signed a warm body.

Getting rid of guys you think are malcontents and overpaid is smart...................... ONLY if you then replace the talent run off. Thinking the draft will fix the interior OL AND WR AND DT AND LB along with our seemingly annual need for a playmaking DT is just folly but predictable from two guys that clearly struggle to build a competent roster.
This. People think we’re going to draft 10 Micahs that will all be better than what we had at those positions last year. Reality is the first round pick is probably an upgrade if it’s at LG and every other position is just hoping to get on the field.

How many meaningful snaps did Joseph play last year? How many years did it take for DLaw to make an impact?

2nd rounders on down RARELY make the difference year 1. Especially on the line. So the only likely hope for the pass rush to hit this year is if Quinn can get the magic out of Fowler.

Lamb is not ready to replace Amari this year. And Gallup won’t event be as good as Lamb was last year since he’s missing 3-4 games.

This team may compete for the NFC East but they’ll be 1 and done. And yes I can say that knowing that even with your BEST odds you get a great LG and every other position stays the same or is slightly worse.

No WR or DE in the draft will make up for the pro bowl talents lost.

ESisback

Reaction score
Dallas is in the “joke category” for Eagle fans because that’s all they have. Without cherry picking, can you tell me which franchise has more victories? Which team has more overall playoff wins? Super Bowl wins? Who leads in all time head to head matchups? Can you answer the questions, Mr. Eagle? Bet you won’t.