The Dallas Cowboys have addressed all but one of their major needs this offseason

conner01

Reaction score
They are in better shape than most on here will give them credit for.
Yes on paper they seem to have taken a stamp back. But have they really, when you look at the overall picture and future cap space and possible replacement players that are not here yet.

They need to address the OL still, and not just in the draft.
However that can be addressed after the draft as well. Some decent OL for a stop gap player will get released before TC.

They can get an OL or 2 as well, LB, DT, S, TE in the draft.
We have a good shot at upgrading at guard
I don’t think we’ve went backwards anywhere else on the oline other than swing tackle
My biggest concerns are edge and WR
Hopefully we can at least get back to even at one of those too
And there will be other guys released after the draft if they want to add another vet, not to mention a few still out there right now

conner01

Reaction score
Build the defensive front 7 and the offensive line.

Round 1 Kenyon Green OL, Tyler Linderbaum OC, or Nakobe dean LB
Round 2 Sam WIlliams Edge, Travis Jones NT , or Phidarian Mathis NT
Round 3 Cole Strange OG, Darian Kinnard OL, Luke Fortner IOL, Christian Watson WR, Josh Paschal DL, Khalil Shakir
I think you probably have 24 pegged, though I’d include Zion
I think in second of a good edge prospect is there they could go that way but I think also WR is a big concern
So far we replaced Wilson with Washington which is reasonably a wash but we haven’t really helped enough with the cooper loss. Lamb will replace his position but can’t replace his production plus his own
I think you are also on to something with double dipping on oline, especially if a OT is there in 3rd

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Denial AND delusion! Ok!✊
Really??? Look at his record and tell us all how the SLOTH is not the great FROG GIGGER in the league. The SLOTH doesn't have a clue on how to beat the good teams. When the second half rolled around DCs were all over the SLOTH. Baited him like a crab trap inviting him in then locking down the cage so he couldn't escape. The SLOTH's ability to read defenses went down the tubes, it was so bad he quit throwing anything over 15 to 20 yds. Heck corners were letting receivers and TEs run free and the SLOTH still couldn't find an open guy to throw to. The SLOTH's inabilities as a QB killed the running, defenses loaded the box with more guys than our O-Line could block and it was 3 and out all night long! The 9ers came in and OWNED the SLOTH..................Heck the Boys were probably under dogs by game time!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESisback

Reaction score
Really??? Look at his record and tell us all how the SLOTH is not the great FROG GIGGER in the league. The SLOTH doesn't have a clue on how to beat the good teams. When the second half rolled around DCs were all over the SLOTH. Baited him like a crab trap inviting him in then locking down the cage so he couldn't escape. The SLOTH's ability to read defenses went down the tubes, it was so bad he quit throwing anything over 15 to 20 yds. Heck corners were letting receivers and TEs run free and the SLOTH still couldn't find an open guy to throw to. The SLOTH's inabilities as a QB killed the running, defenses loaded the box with more guys than our O-Line could block and it was 3 and out all night long! The 9ers came in and OWNED the SLOTH..................Heck the Boys were probably under dogs by game time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell “us all”? How many people utilize that dumb “sloth” stuff, other than you?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Dallas is in the “joke category” for Eagle fans because that’s all they have. Without cherry picking, can you tell me which franchise has more victories? Which team has more overall playoff wins? Super Bowl wins? Who leads in all time head to head matchups? Can you answer the questions, Mr. Eagle? Bet you won’t.[/QUOTE
LOL all time wins. That's like an Eagles fan gloating about their championships in the 1940's. Sad.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
You do realise that LVE is getting paid just $2m this year (that's $1.8m less than 2021)....you do realise that signing him does mean there wont be any restriction on drafting an upgrade or signing a veteran. Indeed, the whole LB corp and set-up is likely to depend upon on Quinn's outlook for Micah.

Yeah, so we signed him cheap. So what? I'm sure that's a win for Jerry and Stephen. For fans who want results on the field, we're stuck with an injury-plagued LB that has underperformed after a great rookie season. A smart team does not leave that position to chance, over and over again. They could have solidified LB in FA, and we could use the draft to fill other holes (we already know where #24 is going).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yeah, so we signed him cheap. So what? I'm sure that's a win for Jerry and Stephen. For fans who want results on the field, we're stuck with an injury-plagued LB that has underperformed after a great rookie season. A smart team does not leave that position to chance, over and over again. They could have solidified LB in FA, and we could use the draft to fill other holes (we already know where #24 is going).

They havent left it to chance and have solidified LB by signing a decent LB to $1m over league minimum.....a player that covers the position if we can't find a upgrade.

Better to go into (especially) this draft with an open board and take the player you want. What you're suggesting is drafting for need, which is dangerous as we don't know where #24 is going at all, it's one of the most inconclusive and unpredictable drafts of modern years.....and we are a team that's last two 1st round picks fell to us, in positions that werent a need going in.

morasp

Reaction score
I think you probably have 24 pegged, though I’d include Zion
I think in second of a good edge prospect is there they could go that way but I think also WR is a big concern
So far we replaced Wilson with Washington which is reasonably a wash but we haven’t really helped enough with the cooper loss. Lamb will replace his position but can’t replace his production plus his own
I think you are also on to something with double dipping on oline, especially if a OT is there in 3rd
That's the problem and my opinion is a little different on WRs but I don't think you're going to find a Cooper replacement in round 2. After the first four or five, if your lucky, you might be able to get Wilson type production from a rookie. Gallup didn't even put up Wilson numbers his first year.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That's what I've been saying, they need to loosen up the checkbook and get an affordable FA.

Have we ever rolled over a significant amount of CAP, I never throught not spending was our weakness. Im sure we'll spend a further $18m, just dont know which way the draft will go.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That's the problem and my opinion is a little different on WRs but I don't think you're going to find a Cooper replacement in round 2. After the first four or five, if your lucky, you might be able to get Wilson type production from a rookie. Gallup didn't even put up Wilson numbers his first year.

Cee Dee's Coop's replacement. We need to promote our high draft picks into positions of responsibility, if they fail we dont go down the "resign our guy" route.

morasp

Reaction score
Agreed.

That is most likely what's going to happen.
I don't know if you saw it yesterday but Williams rehab is ahead of schedule.

Jameson Williams is still on the road back from an ACL injury. That path might be shorter than expected.

Williams spoke with NFL Network's James Palmer at Alabama's pro day on Wednesday and revealed he's ahead of schedule.

"Right now, I'm about 10 weeks out of surgery, the timescale I was getting was about 5-7 months, and I'm ahead of schedule, so with me being 10 weeks, we're just getting a lot of movement, a lot of good workouts in," Williams told Palmer. "I'm in the pool and everything, a slight jog, really getting to do high-knees, butt kicks and things like that, just getting back in the motions. Everything is going good so far, with me being this far out and this far down the process, and it's not that far it's just the beginning, so I think I would say everything's going good so far."

Alabama WR Jameson Williams says he's 'ahead of schedule' in ACL rehab, hopes to be ready for training camp (nfl.com)

morasp

Reaction score
Have we ever rolled over a significant amount of CAP, I never throught not spending was our weakness. Im sure we'll spend a further $18m, just dont know which way the draft will go.
They have about $13-$15 million in cap space. If a need at WR is dictating draft picks they should sit down with the scouting dept and figure out what FA WR would be the best value to sign.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
They have about $13-$15 million in cap space. If a need at WR is dictating draft picks they should sit down with the scouting dept and figure out what FA WR would be the best value to sign.

We've effectively got $22m CAP to spend from June.

I'm sure they've mapped out the draft scenario's based on BPA and need. Luckily our needs and the predicted boards appear to line-up and conceivably we'll have options with players that are both BPA and fulfill a need with our first two picks.

Im not convinced the FO are desperate for a WR in round 1, plenty of value expected in 2 and 3. I'd go as far as saying that if we weigh in need then unless we strengthen the o-line and establish a running game then it doesnt matter the quality of the WR's as teams will cover and Dak wont find them.

morasp

Reaction score
We've effectively got $22m CAP to spend from June.

I'm sure they've mapped out the draft scenario's based on BPA and need. Luckily our needs and the predicted boards appear to line-up and conceivably we'll have options with players that are both BPA and fulfill a need with our first two picks.

Im not convinced the FO are desperate for a WR in round 1, plenty of value expected in 2 and 3. I'd go as far as saying that if we weigh in need then unless we strengthen the o-line and establish a running game then it doesnt matter the quality of the WR's as teams will cover and Dak wont find them.
People always overestimate how much a good draft will help the upcoming season. I've been guilty of it. The reality is picking towards the end of the first three rounds they will be lucky if they can find 2 or 3 rookies that could come in and have an impact. I hate going into the draft having so many needs that will likely dictate picks as opposed to last year when we were able to take Parsons.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
People always overestimate how much a good draft will help the upcoming season. I've been guilty of it. The reality is picking towards the end of the first three rounds it will be lucky if they can find 2 or 3 rookies that could come in and have an impact. I hate going into the draft having so many needs that will likely dictate picks as opposed to last year when we were able to take Parsons.

Well yes, but that indicates we take BPA (not necessarily a WR).