The Dallas Cowboys organization do not owe Prescott or his family anything

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
his contract offered was more than fair. Wont be a season this year and it'll for sure change his value! Most people think the Mahomes contract made his value go up. I think not

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There were two parties that were involved in their contract talks.

They both failed to agree because they refused to compromise.

That is far more typical of immature children than grown adults!

Both of them want to blame the other but both share the blame!

Last edited:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dak is nothing special and it will show again this season. As we watch team like Baltimore and SF battle it out in a back and forth game Dak will lay an egg against either of those teams.

Disagree.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
All of this bickering we're doing here is nothing other than fools play. Like little children, both parties refused to compromise. That's not how to bargain in good faith. Both parties equally share in the blame, despite the fact that both prefer to blame the other. They had their fair chances to be reasonable and now they must deal with the consequences. Stubborn refusal to compromise, unfortunately, earns such a result. I'm not sorry for either of them! Both got exactly what they foolishly bargained for in the end. Perhaps they'll see fit to act like adults next time around?! I sure hope so.

Last edited:

csirl

Reaction score
Daks brother gives the impression that he's one of those free loading relatives who are only interested in what comes there way. Cowboys certainly owe him nothing. Would be better quietly supporting his brother behind the scenes, be greatful that his brother is doing well and not be a negative distraction.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Daks brother gives the impression that he's one of those free loading relatives who are only interested in what comes there way. Cowboys certainly owe him nothing. Would be better quietly supporting his brother behind the scenes, be greatful that his brother is doing well and not be a negative distraction.

Great post.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's this narrative that's being spun that this organization is greedy because it did not pay Prescott. What a load of bollocks! History has said that the jones family tends to overpay its players in the long run. That narrative is absolutely confusing me. History dictates the exact opposite here!

The other part of that argument is that Prescott was virtually cheap his first 3 years as a starter. Well, yeah, he was a 4th round pick. I hate to sound like a jerk, but 31 other teams passed on Dak 4 full rounds until he made he was to Dallas. Also Dallas did select him and did take a leap of faith on him just as he played for "cheaps". That's just the nature of where and when he was selected, which Dallas had literally no control over.

The "Tad Prescott" tweet really rubbed me off the wrong way because it's just childish. This team HAS invested in Prescott in the long term, long run

-They did NOT go back to Romo in 2016 when he was fully healthy, which I don't care what anyone says would've made it a better team. They stood by Prescott

-They did put pieces like Amari Cooper in place so he and the team could find success because he wasn't able to enhance the skillset of Terrance Williams, Gallup, Tavon Austin, hence the cooper trade

-They DID offer Prescott a long term deal, which would've made him the second highest qb in the NFL, which is ridiculous in my mind.

-Finally, the jonses have pretty much said they do want Prescott here but as long as it doesn't cripple the organization. That's fair. That is good business.

When 2016 came, I was infatuated by the Prescott story about his family and his struggles. However, i learned quickly here is that while that narrative does sound like a fairy tale story, I know that at the heart, millions of dollars can change a narrative fast. The more this stretches out, the more this reflects negatively on the player and the family. There's absolutely no reason to react that way because this team took a chance on the player and they do want him in the long run. The odds are very low if he would've been selected like somewhere in Miami, Washington that he would've found the same success.

As fans, don't buy into it! I strongly believe if Prescott wants to play here, he will take the deal that is reasonable to both parties. That's business. If this doesn't get done, this is on his foolishness and his agent. Don't let the media or some butthurt tweet by a family member sway you otherwise.
When I was a HC, one of my brothers would go on social media and defend me from my detractors until I put a stop to it. Its natural for a brother to defend his brother. The only problem I have with Tad is the name Tad!

landryscorner

Reaction score
Heard Dak's next years franchise tag would be around 61mil...yahhh nice knowing you Dak bye.

cern

Reaction score
Do a little research and come back to me. Its pretty clear
i lived it. no need to research it. i'm a boomer, tried and true. but i've also been given a timeout for defending gen x and millennials, thanking them for their service to our country. i guess i just paint with a more narrow brush than you.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
i lived it. no need to research it. i'm a boomer, tried and true. but i've also been given a timeout for defending gen x and millennials, thanking them for their service to our country. i guess i just paint with a more narrow brush than you.
You might be a boomer and be different than a majority of your peers. The OP is the boomer im talking about. If it doesnt pertain to you than i aint talking about you.