The Dark Knight Rises *Spoiler Thread*

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I figured that many of us want to discuss the movie but don't want to ruin it for others so I decided it would be wise to start a designated spoiler thread. This post will serve as a warning for those that have accidently opened the thread and I will begin my post in the next post.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
The best movie I have ever seen.. By a mile. Wow was it awesome.

One question for those that picked up on it - At the end was Bruce with the Catwoman in the cafe or was it just a random girl?

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4629414 said:

One question for those that picked up on it - At the end was Bruce with the Catwoman in the cafe or was it just a random girl?

It was the Catwoman :)

Great movie! I can't wait to see it again!

Reaction score
I almost cried when I thought Batman died then they showed him at the end. I know they said thia is the last Batman movie, but judging by the ending I can't imagine it's true. Different actors probably, different director definitely, but I definitely see there being a sequel.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4629422 said:
I almost cried when I thought Batman died then they showed him at the end. I know they said thia is the last Batman movie, but judging by the ending I can't imagine it's true. Different actors probably, different director definitely, but I definitely see there being a sequel.

Christian Bale (batman) said he would be in for a sequel. The only person that is not in for a sequel is Christopher Nolan although he would not be against another director taking up the spot of directing the franchise. The money this will make makes me believe that they will make another however the mass shooting adds doubt to my mind, they might decide to let the franchise rest due to that.

If not I predict a Batman & Robin movie followed by a Robin trilogy, that seems the most logical way to follow it up the ending of Rises that would bring us to around 2024 and at that point with Bales aging I could see them wrapping it all up with a Batman Beyond movie, that would make the franchise span 8 movies.

KoRnyBrad

I am the Bat!
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4629414 said:

I asked my wife the same thing because it was a quick side profile shot and you didn't really get to see her face. She said it was. I was more interested if it was going to be Bruce or a random stranger. I could see it going either way.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
r3ek0.jpg

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It was definitely her.

Not sure what I thought of the movie. It was good, but Im not sure how good. It definitely takes a long time setting things up. I think there may be a few things I missed early on, or that weren't explained well (perhaps a deleted scene) nothing all that important though.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
As much as I want to see the story continue, I really hope they don't let some director come in and mess up Nolan's work.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Nevermind YouTube took it down.

"This video contains content from Warner Bros. Entertainment, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Meh. There was a lot I liked about the movie, and a lot I didn't.

It lost some consistency in the middle of the movie.
All the mass rioting fighting stuff was horrible.

Also, while I liked the twist towards the end, I had problems with it as well. Bane going from the boss to the henchman weakened his character a lot for me.

Ending would have been 10000x better if Bats stayed dead.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
1) It is her (I love Anne Hathaway).

2) Did anyone see Hines Ward during the scene where they showed all the football players?

3) The husband knew Miranda Tate was Talia al Ghul b/c of her accent

KoRnyBrad

I am the Bat!
Reaction score
VietCowboy;4629525 said:
1) It is her (I love Anne Hathaway).

2) Did anyone see Hines Ward during the scene where they showed all the football players?

3) The husband knew Miranda Tate was Talia al Ghul b/c of her accent

1. My wife swore to it to, lol!

2. I knew that was coming, it was hyped long ago. I don't think Ward can run back a kickoff thought lol.

3. I was surprised @ Talia. Didn't see it coming, and I'm a Batman nut!

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
It was good, but not way up there on my list. As a stand alone movie, I was entertained and certainly came away feeling that my money was well spent, but I would put it at the bottom of the trilogy.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4629466 said:
As much as I want to see the story continue, I really hope they don't let some director come in and mess up Nolan's work.

Agreed. Reboot it sure but leave this series alone

As for Nolan, he's not the only one leaving. He's taking his team with him, as he likes to work with the same people. A continuation wouldn't necessarily just be short Nolan but a lot of the core creative team.

As I've said, this is the best super hero trilogy ever put to film, and the last one is a great example of how you end a series.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4629496 said:

That would have been a perfect ending for me, as well. Or better yet, have Nolan "Inception" everyone again with Alfred looking up at the cafe and the movie cutting to black.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
TheCount;4629561 said:
Agreed. Reboot it sure but leave this series alone

As for Nolan, he's not the only one leaving. He's taking his team with him, as he likes to work with the same people. A continuation wouldn't necessarily just be short Nolan but a lot of the core creative team.

As I've said, this is the best super hero trilogy ever put to film, and the last one is a great example of how you end a series.
When I say Nolan, I mean Team Nolan without a doubt.

You never know, he may get that itch to do it again down the road.

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4629496 said:
Meh. There was a lot I liked about the movie, and a lot I didn't.

Also, while I liked the twist towards the end, I had problems with it as well. Bane going from the boss to the henchman weakened his character a lot for me.

Bane and Talia were partners, he wasn't a henchman. There was a lot that happened in the movie that couldn't happen without him. She was infiltrating Wayne enterprises while he scared people into building bombs under the city, got soldiers loyal enough to him to help him get that doctor out from under the CIA, die for him, etc.

Also, I couldn't disagree more about the ending being better if Batman stayed dead. I get that some people want the "unhappy" ending because it's different, but the ending we got wasn't just a cliche happy ending. It was what the entire trilogy was about, which was Bruce Wayne finally putting behind all the facades he has lived with his entire life(Bruce Wayne the billionaire socialite, and Batman).

Batman did die. Bruce Wayne is just now finally alive and he left Gotham behind. The ending was the perfect ending to this Bruce Wayne's story.