The defense has to be better this weekend

Sydla

Reaction score
We've played three teams with winning records - Philly, San Fran, Seattle.

They've scored 28, 42 and 35. This defense has beaten up bad teams and gotten exposed by good ones. Now I don't know if the expectation should be that we have to shut down Philly's offense, which would be tough as they are very good. But the defense has to show more than they have in the Philly, San Fran, Seattle games. If they play like they did against Seattle, the offense has to be almost perfect.

Bland has to be better than he was Thursday as he was atrocious. Philly might get Goedert back, which then puts the spotlight on our LBs and a guy like Kearse, who has really fallen off this year. I'd move Parsons all over the place. DTs have to play efficiently.

visionary

Reaction score
Agree
The entire defense has to be more disciplined and sure tackling
Bland should not look for the pick 6 bit cover his guy
Do not play Parsons at DE so Philly knows to run right at him. Play 2 DEs and Parsons in middle at roving LB where he is less predictable
Safeties have to play better

kskboys

Reaction score
And teams are now showing the way to beat Philly. Box Hurts in and make him beat you w/ his arm. He is not a great passer, so make him. Every time he tries to run, hit him. Legally.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

They've scored 28, 42 and 35. This defense has beaten up bad teams and gotten exposed by good ones. Now I don't know if the expectation should be that we have to shut down Philly's offense, which would be tough as they are very good. But the defense has to show more than they have in the Philly, San Fran, Seattle games. If they play like they did against Seattle, the offense has to be almost perfect.

Bland has to be better than he was Thursday as he was atrocious. Philly might get Goedert back, which then puts the spotlight on our LBs and a guy like Kearse, who has really fallen off this year. I'd move Parsons all over the place. DTs have to play efficiently.
the run D and more important the pass D has to be better. our defense is predicated on pass rush. the back end as much as we may love gillmore and bland, is not that good. give a QB, 3-4 seconds and they are going to hit the WR. our saftey play is atrocious.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I am going to use the exact same excuse Philthy fans are using this morning, that they played 3 games in 13 days.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

Goedert is a few weeks away. Might be back for their Seattle game.

Jenky

Reaction score
Safeties need to play a lot better and do their jobs. Nothing deep.

You can’t expect the corners to do everything on an island.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Defense isn't trustworthy. No one should be surprised if we get rolled a couple times the next few weeks...No way the offense can play perfectly all the time.
Not in these forums, expectations are too high and unrealistic!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

got to talk to the coordinators to put them in the best position to be successful

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am going to use the exact same excuse Philthy fans are using this morning, that they played 3 games in 13 days.
But that excuse only works for the Seattle game?

:huh:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

SF did a good job mixing in zone forcing Hurts to hold the ball quite a bit. I think Quinn has lost confidence in his safeties to do this unfortunately.

pitt33

Reaction score
There’s a reason Bland was drafted in the 5th round. Now teams go after him and quarterbacks are letting it go with 3-step drops.

The most surprising drop off is the safety play of Kearse and Wilson. What’s going on there? This defense needs those two to play like they did last year.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Agree
The entire defense has to be more disciplined and sure tackling
Bland should not look for the pick 6 bit cover his guy
Do not play Parsons at DE so Philly knows to run right at him. Play 2 DEs and Parsons in middle at roving LB where he is less predictable
Safeties have to play better
i noticed we did play parsons a few times at LB last time we played philly, i was kinda watching intermittently so im not sure how effective that was, but i did notice they ran at him more when he was lined up at DE.

mardwin

Reaction score
Our defense has become a liability lately, with too many penalties and a lack of execution. The coaches need to hold some of these players accountable the safety play ha been pretty poor, and our LB corp is holding by a thread.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Bland had one bad game. And it's not even that his coverage is that bad. DK is just a physical specimen and would be talked about as one of the top WR's in the league with a good QB.

Micah needs to play more LB. It drives me crazy when the offense is in an obvious run formation and he's in at DE rushing the passer. He just runs up field and has no impact on the play. Play him at LB!