The defense has to be better this weekend

Rayman70

Reaction score
Trust me I was watching him closely, I don't think Brown is 100 percent either
I think they are ripe for the taking come Sunday. It will boil down to executing the plays and keeping the ball out of his hands as much as we can. This means we must find a way to run it.

Praxit

Reaction score
Our defense has become a liability lately, with too many penalties and a lack of execution. The coaches need to hold some of these players accountable the safety play ha been pretty poor, and our LB corp is holding by a thread.
^^^^^ this. Yep, defense has problem with motion. I dont know what DQ teaches, but cowboy players seem to lack where the puck is going.

Last week, what the hell was Evans doing trying to defend a deep ball? He's a LB not safety. Why was he back there? Dude ran into the receiver for Sea 1st n goal.

Thats bonehead play. Followed by other bonehead plays by defense. Cant do that. Its bad coaching and player positioning.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think they are ripe for the taking come Sunday. It will boil down to executing the plays and keeping the ball out of his hands as much as we can. This means we must find a way to run it.
Don't understand why we can't give Hunter a few carries

Bagman

Reaction score
It would be nice if DLaw could have a big game rushing Hurts. Right now, everyone is waiting on Parsons to provide the big play. We really need contributions from all our Dline guys. Its what SF gets. You can't just block Bosa, other guys step up.

kskboys

Reaction score
Problem with that is, you just invested a 1st rounder on that guy, so ya know our focus won't be on that position that much
Yup. That's what Jerry does. If a position needs addressing that isn't WR, CB, or TE, he takes a player then ignores the position for 10 years.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We've played three teams with winning records - Philly, San Fran, Seattle.

They've scored 28, 42 and 35. This defense has beaten up bad teams and gotten exposed by good ones. Now I don't know if the expectation should be that we have to shut down Philly's offense, which would be tough as they are very good. But the defense has to show more than they have in the Philly, San Fran, Seattle games. If they play like they did against Seattle, the offense has to be almost perfect.

Bland has to be better than he was Thursday as he was atrocious. Philly might get Goedert back, which then puts the spotlight on our LBs and a guy like Kearse, who has really fallen off this year. I'd move Parsons all over the place. DTs have to play efficiently.
We have an aggressive D.

Read/react isn’t our style.

kskboys

Reaction score
It would be nice if DLaw could have a big game rushing Hurts. Right now, everyone is waiting on Parsons to provide the big play. We really need contributions from all our Dline guys. Its what SF gets. You can't just block Bosa, other guys step up.
They went out and got the NT who had 11 sacks last season in Hargrave. 7.5 the year before.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yup. That's what Jerry does. If a position needs addressing that isn't WR, CB, or TE, he takes a player then ignores the position for 10 years.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
SF did a good job mixing in zone forcing Hurts to hold the ball quite a bit. I think Quinn has lost confidence in his safeties to do this unfortunately.
Prob is...SF is good at shutting down the run with just their line.

That makes defending the pass much easier.

We don't shut down the run like they do.

Also...they got Philly with only 2 of their 3 major receiving threats...they'll have all 3 against us. They had a somewhat easier task than we'll have, with better defensive talent all up and down SanFran's line than we have. (Though, our pass rush is as formidable as theirs IMO)

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
This defense really needs to play better moving forward. They were pitiful last game and if they play like that this Sunday they will pay dearly.

kskboys

Reaction score
Prob is...SF is good at shutting down the run with just their line.

That makes defending the pass much easier.

We don't shut down the run like they do.

Also...they got Philly with only 2 of their 3 major receiving threats...they'll have all 3 against us. They had a somewhat easier task than we'll have, with better defensive talent all up and down SanFran's line than we have. (Though, our pass rush is as formidable as theirs IMO)
The only guy on our DLine who would start for SF is Parsons, and they'd put him at LB.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The only guy on our DLine who would start for SF is Parsons, and they'd put him at LB.
Idk....They're pretty creative.

They'd put him in some kind of hybrid role....where he isn't getting suplexed by 350 lb OTs 50 times a game....and wearing out every year by December.

It's not rocket surgery: he's like 235 lbs. Free the guy up to roam! Go look at Denver tape for 5 years with Von Miller. Something. Parsons back or knees are gonna give out by the time he's 27 if they don't learn to put him in the right position.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
It’s a divisional game and I think it will be nasty. The hate these teams have for each other is palpable. Dak has owned the NFCE in his career and I believe we will come out with a great effort on Sunday.

IMO, the real matchup in the game comes down to our OL vs their front 7. If we don’t protect better than we did in the first matchup— we likely lose this game.

If Dak gets decent protection, I think our offense has the horses to outpace Philly’s offense.

Our D needs to get to Hurts and make him feel the pain early and often. Spy him and punish him when he runs.

The Philly OL is their strength. Huge matchup for our front 7. We need more from our DL and we need to tackle well and stop the stupid penalties.

Looking forward to this matchup. I can’t stand Siriani and hope we make him cry and pout on the sideline

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It’s a divisional game and I think it will be nasty. The hate these teams have for each other is palpable. Dak has owned the NFCE in his career and I believe we will come out with a great effort on Sunday.

IMO, the real matchup in the game comes down to our OL vs their front 7. If we don’t protect better than we did in the first matchup— we likely lose this game.

If Dak gets decent protection, I think our offense has the horses to outpace Philly’s offense.

Our D needs to get to Hurts and make him feel the pain early and often. Spy him and punish him when he runs.

The Philly OL is their strength. Huge matchup for our front 7. We need more from our DL and we need to tackle well and stop the stupid penalties.

Looking forward to this matchup. I can’t stand Siriani and hope we make him cry and pout on the sideline
Or even protect better than last week. Dak can't be Super-MVP every week. Defenders flying free constantly throughout that Seattle game.

Run blocking getting better, pass protection suspect sometimes.