The division is not lost yet

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The division is not lost yet. I know it looks bleak, but I don't think the division is settled yet. The Eagles still have to play SFO and us (along with Seattle prior to us). If they lose both games to us and SFO, then I think we can still win the division if we are level with them on record. They'd be level with us on conference and division losses in that situation. It'd go down to some very deep tiebreakers, but, assuming we win all of our remaining games, and they lose two of the next three games (including against us), then I think the division is still possible for us to win. Will it be easy? No. But is it possible? Yes

LittleD

Reaction score
The division is not lost yet. I know it looks bleak, but I don't think the division is settled yet. The Eagles still have to play SFO and us (along with Seattle prior to us). If they lose both games to us and SFO, then I think we can still win the division if we are level with them on record. They'd be level with us on conference and division losses in that situation. It'd go down to some very deep tiebreakers, but, assuming we win all of our remaining games, and they lose two of the next three games (including against us), then I think the division is still possible for us to win. Will it be easy? No. But is it possible? Yes
Keep drinking your pablum my friend. The season was lost weeks ago.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's over.

Even for your scenario to play out, it's likely we'd have to go undefeated the rest of the way. It's not happening. Choking at the end against Philly and/or the Cards game is gonna cook us.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Absolutely, it is. Seven games left in a 17 week season, and we are only two behind. They are certainly beatable, they have been lucky. Their +/_ point total is pathetic for the best record in the NFL We should have beaten them, the Chiefs should have beaten them, the Commanders should have beaten them, with luck the law of averages tends to win out. Plus, employing a running QB always increases your chances of your season going sideways in heartbeat

Thank you for not being a defeatist.

CWR

Reaction score
Dude the Eagles are extremely fortunate. Kelce hoods the ball and they lose etc. It's been that way for awhile for them.

Credit to them for hanging in there and closing games, but they're luck will run out eventually. I still think they drop a couple.

This division is rarely settled early.

pancakeman

Reaction score
This site has the Cowboys' odds at the division title at 8%. That's a lot higher than the 1% fans on this site are spitballing. :) But it's also pretty low! :-(

Reactions: CWR

Sydla

Reaction score
Absolutely, it is. Seven games left in a 17 week season, and we are only two behind. They are certainly beatable, they have been lucky. Their +/_ point total is pathetic for the best record in the NFL We should have beaten them, the Chiefs should have beaten them, the Commanders should have beaten them, with luck the law of averages tends to win out. Plus, employing a running QB always increases your chances of your season going sideways in heartbeat

Thank you for not being a defeatist.
It's not being a defeatist, it's being a realist when you look at the schedules, etc.

Even if we and the 49ers beat the Eagles, we'd still have to win out, which seems how likely?

If you want some glimmer of hope to hold onto here, pray the Bills can figure out how to win in Philly next weekend.

Adreme

Reaction score
Um how would they have the same conference record? In this scenario they have lost to: Jets Cowboys and 49ers. Cowboys have lost to: Cardinals, Eagles, and 49ers. The conference record obviously favors Eagles in that scenario.

Sydla

Reaction score
Put your focus in Detroit. Hope they win the #1 seed.

Then hope Philly gets the #2 seed with San Fran at #3.

That way as the #5 seed, we get the worst division winner, then if the seeds hold, we go to Detroit and dont have to see Philly or San Fran until the NFCCG. On the flipside, if there is an upset in one of the other WC games, we'd likely have to go to Philly in the divisional round, which I would much prefer than having to play at San Fran in the divisional round.

75boyz

Reaction score
Any given Sunday and they did lose to the Jets, but I have a hard time seeing them lose to the Giants or Cardinals even if they lost all the others.
Which would be 12 wins.

So, along with counting them as finishing 3-4 in their last 7, would mean we need a minimum 5-2 finish just to be equal.

So all things considered, and while not entirely impossible, I think highly improbable would be an apt description.

Eddie

Reaction score
Lots of football to play and who knows what's gonna happen. A bad break here and there, and things will change.

Eagles have the inside track to the division, but they are not a lock.

Football would be quite boring if we all knew the outcomes of the games before they are even played.

Sydla

Reaction score
Um how would they have the same conference record? In this scenario they have lost to: Jets Cowboys and 49ers. Cowboys have lost to: Cardinals, Eagles, and 49ers. The conference record obviously favors Eagles in that scenario.
Dont forget, common games is the tiebreaker BEFORE conference record. It would be massively helpful if they lost the next three - Buffalo, 49ers, us. hahahahahaha.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get outta here with your positivity....you're gonna wake up the sewer rats.....oops, too late...they're already awake!
:muttley:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Don’t even bother. These losers would rather sulk in their misery. But you are correct.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yea, Philly needs to lose in Seattle and Dallas has to beat Detroit. That would give Dallas the conference tiebreaker affording Dallas only one more loss on the season…..not to an NFC team.

Of course, this means Dallas has to go 6-1 with Philly losing a few more which is a different animal itself.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Put your focus in Detroit. Hope they win the #1 seed.

Then hope Philly gets the #2 seed with San Fran at #3.

That way as the #5 seed, we get the worst division winner, then if the seeds hold, we go to Detroit and dont have to see Philly or San Fran until the NFCCG. On the flipside, if there is an upset in one of the other WC games, we'd likely have to go to Philly in the divisional round, which I would much prefer than having to play at San Fran in the divisional round.
The objective is for us to win our games. Not only for confidence but yeah to help Detroit get the #1 seed. We need to beat both Lions and Eagles lol

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There's always a couple teams that go on a run to end the season. Hopefully that's Dallas and they keep it going. The road goes through Philly.

There'd be nothing more fulfilling than to go in there and kick their butts.