The Eagles are making me uncomfortable

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a feeling that Detroit game is gonna come back to bite us.

I don't really worry about it because what would we be really missing out on? A chance to get assaulted by a real playoff contender in the postseason? That's what the Eagles and Cowboys are fighting for. King of the stupids and somebody's wild card round punching bag.

I just would hate to see the Eagles win anything. Even a fraud division title like the 2013 NFC East crown.

mldardy

Reaction score
I hope the Skins, RG3 and that rest of that hot mess enjoyed their 'magical' season last year. They won't have another one for a while.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
I just know this season better not end the way in did in 2008.

I remember the Danny white years, 3 years straight years it ended the same exact way.

Granted it was in the NFCCG, but it still hurt. I'll never forget dexter Manley and that Commanders crowd "shaking" RFK stadium by stomping their feet.........

It sucked....more painful then these last couple of years......we were soooooo close...

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
Dallas just needs to keep winning their games!

That would be ideal......but, These are the 2013 Cowboys..........I'm not counting on it....

All these games are going to be close.......bounce here, bounce there.....and we lose......

Rodgers returning is key....

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
That would be ideal......but, These are the 2013 Cowboys..........I'm not counting on it....

All these games are going to be close.......bounce here, bounce there.....and we lose......

Rodgers returning is key....

Whether Rodgers returns or not Dallas will have to win if they want to be a playoff team.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
The NFL is all about adjustments. The Eagles started off hot with Vick, then defenses adjusted. Once Foles came in initially then the Eagles offense initially struggled to get a feel for the game and the Cowboys stopped them. Now the Eagles coaches have made adjustments (particularly in the passing game) and Foles is getting more chemistry with his receivers.

Now it's up to opposing teams to adjust. If they can't (like it's looking so far) then the Eagles will be unstoppable

Unstoppable....really? Saints, unstoppable-maybe. Broncos unstoppable....possibly....a Pats team with a healthy Gronk and Amendola I can understand. The Eagles with Nick Foles at QB are FAR from unstoppable and no more so than the Cowboys offense.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I don't really worry about it because what would we be really missing out on? A chance to get assaulted by a real playoff contender in the postseason? That's what the Eagles and Cowboys are fighting for. King of the stupids and somebody's wild card round punching bag.

I just would hate to see the Eagles win anything. Even a fraud division title like the 2013 NFC East crown.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFC East champion do more than you think they are going to do. The division started off extremely woeful but if you look at the last seven the division looks like this:

Dallas: 5-2
Philly: 5-2
New York: 5-2
Washington: 2-5

Everyone in the division except Washington is playing at a higher level and winning more games than at the beginning.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah the Eagles just won't go away.

It's *always* that way, in every division. The NFCE is not going to be wrapped up until week 16 or week 17, that's just the way the divisions work. And as bad as everybody seems to want to say the East is this year both the Eagles and the Cowboys look like decent teams to me. By 'decent' I mean in that layer right behind the class of the NFCE in the Saints and the Seahawks.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I'm not calling anyone a loser, but hoping others teams help you out is a losers mentality.

So then being happy when a team helps you out is also a losers mentality, yes? If a team knocks one of your competitors out of the playoffs, it is a losers mentality to relish in that fact? Gotcha.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We control our own destiny - period. Not interested in excuses. The only thing that concerns me right now is the Bears - that's it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We control our own destiny - period. Not interested in excuses. The only thing that concerns me right now is the Bears - that's it.

This exactly! I really don't care for "easy paths" to the playoffs because it's very rare playoff games are easy wins. This team needs to be tough heading into the playoffs and the best way to do that is to win during the latter part of the season no matter the opponent.

Fredd

Reaction score
the team will have 11 days rest when they play the bears, they must come ready to play....a win, coupled with an Eagles loss to Detroit and we are sitting pretty with three to go...I am not trying to look ahead but the Washington game is pretty big, a win there and we own all of the divisional tie-breakers

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Arizona traveling East for a 1:00 game is complete garbage IMO. That should have been a 4pm game.

I'm glad the NFL wants all the crappy teams last year to be competitive by giving them cupcake schedules this year. The A-holes then get Chicago at home after a Monday night game. Please.

mrmojo

Reaction score
[qusucked thsowboyFan4Eva, post: 5329261, member: 37736"]I remember the Danny white years, 3 years straight years it ended the same exact way.

Granted it was in the NFCCG, but it still hurt. I'll never forget dexter Manley and that Commanders crowd "shaking" RFK stadium by stomping their feet.........

It sucked....more painful then these last couple of years......we were soooooo close...[/quote]
It sucked that all 3 of those NFC championship games were on the road and the last one was a strike season. But they all hurt..... only other time I felt like that was the NFC championship loss in 94 to the whiners.