The Eagles in the Super Bowl is great for us Eagles haters

ghostdog

Reaction score
When Dak had a great rookie year and Wentz didn't, people said it was because Dak had a great team around him. When the Eagles have a team good enough to make the Super Bowl with Nick Foles, people talk about how great Wentz is.
Wentz makes the Eagles 7.5 points better. With that defense that made them lethal all season. And they had the same scheme and players in defense in 2016 it's just that in 2017 they knew the systems better. And it's not as if Wentz was bad last year. They lead the league in dropped passes. Their leading WR was a slot guy. You could see he was going to be great even with those limitations. He looked the part.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I doubt Wentz makes them 7.5+ wins without that defense. Maybe 5 or 6 wins. In a couple of years we will see. Last year Wentz was not great but showed potential. He threw too many INTs and way too high but he was a rookie so not judging too harshly.

ghostdog

Reaction score
I doubt Wentz makes them 7.5+ wins without that defense. Maybe 5 or 6 wins. In a couple of years we will see. Last year Wentz was not great but showed potential. He threw too many INTs and way too high but he was a rookie so not judging too harshly.
It's not up for debate. Their point differential with Wentz was 12.5 and with Foles it's 5. That's 7.5. And because Wentz played more games his was harder to maintain. What kills me are people who think just about the physical aspects of QBing. Wentz brings so much more to the table with his mental take on the game. He basically ditates to defense instead of the other way around.
Pre snap and post snap he is far ahead of most. He is such a student of the game he understands what defenses want to do and he checks out of bad plays based on what he sees. That's lethal because of his command of the offense he is in. He had a real shot at 4500 yards and 40 TDs with less than 10 ints. This soon in his career he is already like a coach on the field.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Im not even gonna watch this trash superbowl. Wife already asked me who's superbowl party are we going to go to, I told her none. F the eagles and pats 2004 SB all over again. Wentz is obviously overrated.