The Eagles in the Super Bowl is great for us Eagles haters

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Just like the Giants. I think the Pats will beat the Eagles in the SB but there is always a chance. You can't win it if you're not in it.

Aven8

Reaction score
What makes this worse however, is that deep down you know their coaching staff is better. You saw a coaching staff that made the SB despite losing their starting QB, their starting LT, their starting MLB and at times during the season were down their best DL and their best CB.

And yet they rarely skipped a beat. You saw a coach that made adjustments in playoff games to account for his new QB, etc.

I pray the Cardinals hire Jim Schwartz, maybe that will break up what Philly has going for them next year.

Oh not deep down....I KNOW Philly's coaching staff is better. Ours is pathetic. Our leadership has to change some day, or JG needs to swallow his pride and figure out how to change himself.

Jerry has the ultimate machine here. His coach is average. We do well enough to almost make the playoffs, that keeps the fans engaged, Or we do really well and can't win big games because our coaches aren't good enough. We're all engaged through all of it and keep tuning in because what if?

I'm torn because if we don't win this year JG is gone and I am super stoked. But if we don't win this year it's another season we all have to sit through on the outside looking in again.

I just wish he would can him this week, shake it up and hire Harbaugh, and blow the NFL media up with all the press, etc. but that won't happen....we will be debating what QB coach we're hiring, and who is coming in at LB's coach......whoopeee!

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh not deep down....I KNOW Philly's coaching staff is better. Ours is pathetic. Our leadership has to change some day, or JG needs to swallow his pride and figure out how to change himself.

Jerry has the ultimate machine here. His coach is average. We do well enough to almost make the playoffs, that keeps the fans engaged, Or we do really well and can't win big games because our coaches aren't good enough. We're all engaged through all of it and keep tuning in because what if?

I'm torn because if we don't win this year JG is gone and I am super stoked. But if we don't win this year it's another season we all have to sit through on the outside looking in again.

I just wish he would can him this week, shake it up and hire Harbaugh, and blow the NFL media up with all the press, etc. but that won't happen....we will be debating what QB coach we're hiring, and who is coming in at LB's coach......whoopeee!

Yeah, I think most of us would love it if Jerry watched that game last night and a light bulb went off in his head and he realized he has a coaching problem.

But he won't. He's stubborn and emotional and he truly thinks Garrett is the answer. It's sad when you have little hope.

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah, I think most of us would love it if Jerry watched that game last night and a light bulb went off in his head and he realized he has a coaching problem.

But he won't. He's stubborn and emotional and he truly thinks Garrett is the answer. It's sad when you have little hope.

I just keep thinking back at our HC's hires in the past, when did they happen, etc. I know it took awhile to hire Wade because Bill waited so long and held us hostage figuring out what he was gonna do. We can all dream he's been secretly courting some stud HC and all these coaches leaving are the appetizer before the meal. Depressing isn't it?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The best I could hope for now is that the Pats absolutely blow them out. To the point it's 42-0 at halftime, Brady doesn't even play the second half and Hoyer comes out and drops another 28 points on them in the second half while Bill starts letting fans on Facebook call plays. Philly fans so angry and ashamed start rioting and burn the city to the ground, even topple over and behead the statue of their one "sports hero" Rocky.

Would that be too much to ask for?

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
This outcome is truly hurting my bank account. I'm sitting on (6) Carson Wentz autographed rookie cards and can only imagine what they'd be selling for if he was under center during the Super Bowl. This would be the ONLY time that I would cheer for an Iggle to do well. Nevertheless, I hope Brady does what Brady does and sends these fools back to Non-Title Town.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If the Eagles winning a SB would make Jerry step down as GM and hire a real HC I'd be the biggest Eagle fan in 2 weeks. lol

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Patriots last 5 games, penalty yards:
98 yards to 10
62 yards to 37
84 yards to 49
83 yards to 10
63 yards to 4
All up 390 yards to 110. Almost 4 times the yards. Who the hell is Bill Belichick servicing to get that sort of treatment?

I remember Michael Jordan used draw a lot more foul calls than he had called against him. It's almost as if great players/teams are more efficient than their opponents, more respected by the officials than their opponents, or both.

Of course, during the regular season the Patriots had 5.6 penalties called against them per game. The Cowboys had 6.1, while Seattle had the most at 9.2. Clearly, there is something nefarious afoot here.

Dracula

Reaction score
The best I could hope for now is that the Pats absolutely blow them out. To the point it's 42-0 at halftime, Brady doesn't even play the second half and Hoyer comes out and drops another 28 points on them in the second half while Bill starts letting fans on Facebook call plays. Philly fans so angry and ashamed start rioting and burn the city to the ground, even topple over and behead the statue of their one "sports hero" Rocky.

Would that be too much to ask for?
Revenge comes in many forms. I like Roadtrip's thinking.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I don’t think Wentz is overhyped. I think it shows that he has a great team around him with great coaches.

When Romo went down, we went 2-11 and couldn’t move the football. The eagles somehow run at peak efficiency
They didn't run at peak efficiency but I'll excuse some of y'all for being emotional. Yesterday they did but before that heck no or else they wouldn't been underdogs the whole way through the playoffs as the number 1 seed. They looked riled for the picking but just winning makes many rewrite history I see.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Because Romo carried his team. With the Eagles, when Wentz went down they kept marching because the team carried him.
You can dog the eagles all you want because not many of us like them....including me, but they have done pretty good so far with their backup qb and he is getting better. How will he do in the SB? Who knows, but he has a stellar defense and the other areas aren't to bad either.

All I know is I am watching 2 teams that I dislike play in the sb. Guess that means I won't watch it I will just kinda check in.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I hate the Eagles and their fans. Any situation that makes their fans throw up or lose sleep over what might have been is not just a good situation but a great situation.

The Super bowl has the possibility of being such a situation. Getting to the Super Bowl and not winning will haunt these fans for a long time. Even better, have Brady pull one out like he did against Atlanta last year or Jacksonville this past weekend and we are talking Scott Norwood and the missed chip shot field goal type of territory. Long time Bill's fans still see that miss, in their nightmares.

You couldn't ask for a better executioner than Brady and the Pats. You just know that Brady will do it and the only question is how much agony will he heap on Eagles Nation. As for as I am concerned,the more the better.
All they won is a trip to MINN in February and either a butt kicking or soul wrenching loss to NE

A few thousand dollars to freeze to death or sit in a Motel 6 and tailgate

Praxit

Reaction score
...Im actually rooting for Foles and Eagles to pull it off. Dont want any more rings for Ref Favored Brady.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I hate the Eagles and their fans. Any situation that makes their fans throw up or lose sleep over what might have been is not just a good situation but a great situation.

The Super bowl has the possibility of being such a situation. Getting to the Super Bowl and not winning will haunt these fans for a long time. Even better, have Brady pull one out like he did against Atlanta last year or Jacksonville this past weekend and we are talking Scott Norwood and the missed chip shot field goal type of territory. Long time Bill's fans still see that miss, in their nightmares.

You couldn't ask for a better executioner than Brady and the Pats. You just know that Brady will do it and the only question is how much agony will he heap on Eagles Nation. As for as I am concerned,the more the better.
Yeah unless they win. Then none of us will ever hear the end of it. EVER

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yeah unless they win. Then none of us will ever hear the end of it. EVER
As a Yankee fan that lived thru the 2004 ALCS being up 3-0 and losing and then watching 2007 and 2013.....it is still better being the NYY than the RedSox.....27-8

If the eagles pull off the miracle it will still be better to be a Cowboy fan with our 5 rings

Londonboy

Reaction score
As a Yankee fan that lived thru the 2004 ALCS being up 3-0 and losing and then watching 2007 and 2013.....it is still better being the NYY than the RedSox.....27-8

If the eagles pull off the miracle it will still be better to be a Cowboy fan with our 5 rings
Having a storied past is no substitute for an exciting present, I'm tired of looking back at past glories, I want a reason to be optimistic about the future, hard to do that with the current brain-trust.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Having a storied past is no substitute for an exciting present, I'm tired of looking back at past glories, I want a reason to be optimistic about the future, hard to do that with the current brain-trust.
The future is unknown....... we are all equal

The past is written and can never be taken away

the_h0wey

Reaction score

I know 2 Eagles fans and they are both already darn near unbearable and they have never won anything. I can't imagine how they will be if they actually get one.

RS12

Reaction score
The Eagles in the Super Bowl is great for us Eagles haters

Kind of like the coaching staff and front office remaining is good for Cowboy haters?