The early predict season record thread for 2022

ESisback

Reaction score
8-9
Typical Jones twins year , they will fire meathead Mike after , Quinn will go 9-8,8-9,7-10, 8-9 then fired , rinse and repeat over and over and over.

You paint such a rosy picture! Why watch, if you’re gonna be so unhappy?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It’s way too early to make these predictions but I guess it’s an off-season tradition.
History makes it crystal clear-
  • The Cowboys haven’t had back to back playoff seasons in 15 years. (06 and 07 was the last)
  • The Cowboys haven’t won the division back to back since 1994-95. Let that sink in.
  • The Cowboys haven’t had back to back double digit winning seasons since 1995 and 1996. Ouch.
Right now as a student of Cowboys history, I will have to say I see no more than 9 wins, no playoffs or division win. Hope I’m wrong.
Good post and points bob, hard to argue with that history.
add to it the no nfce team has won div twice in a row thing, and history says the cowboy wont win the div,get in playoffs, or have 10 or more wins .
10 or more wins is maybe doable since now there is the 17th game.

However right now it is hard to see the cowboys not make the playoffs or win the div, so maybe they overcome the history, I just think that
I dont know the how or why, but odds are the history holds true for the most part.

one key could be the defense, dan had a good first year, can he have a good 2nd year? I dont know, but if he does that will help alot.

And alot of it depends on the other 3 stooges lol , nyg,eagles, and wash. Will any of them improve and step up to challenge dallas?? that is the other key.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You paint such a rosy picture! Why watch, if you’re gonna be so unhappy?
well I would say most of us kept watching and saw every game after dak got hurt in 20. Why?? we knew dalton was not going to lead us to anything spectacular
after just a couple of games. but we and probably you kept watching! :huh:
At one point announcers were laughing and saying none of the teams seemed to want to win the div, thats how bad it was. 6-10 I think.

Flamma

Reaction score
It’s way too early to make these predictions but I guess it’s an off-season tradition.
  • The Cowboys haven’t had back to back playoff seasons in 15 years. (06 and 07 was the last)
  • The Cowboys haven’t won the division back to back since 1994-95. Let that sink in.
  • The Cowboys haven’t had back to back double digit winning seasons since 1995 and 1996. Ouch.
Right now as a student of Cowboys history, I will have to say I see no more than 9 wins, no playoffs or division win. Hope I’m wrong.

I hope you're wrong too, it would be a pleasant surprise. But as an X heavy gambler, my money would be with your prediction. But I never bet with my heart. Through all of my heavy gambling years, I only made one bet on the Cowboys. On Thanksgiving day 1992 giving 16 points to the Giants. A 60 timer, or 300 bucks. I had zero doubts. I've had some scary, edge of my seat bets, that wasn't one of them. Who knows, maybe we'll see another 2014 come out of nowhere. It can happen.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I think that changes with MM and Quinn instead of Garrett. This is a quality team with an up and coming defense. Top 10 QB in his prime coming off a healthy offseason. The NFC East is still not good and we are the clear favorites and best team by far.

If Dak hadnt gotten injured in 2020 we make the playoffs two years in a row. Injuries can always derail a season, but I would be willing to bet we win the division and make the playoffs again.

Its not a SB, but at least we get that monkey off our back. The NFC as a whole is getting weaker as well.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
My assumptions:
JDavis falls to them or they trade up and get him in the first
Darian Kinnard is the 2nd round pick and he pan out quickly.
Farinok challenges Biadasz and wins, and he can actually anchor.
Ball and Smith become buds and Ball takes every snap Smith doesn't in practice and games at LT.
Dallas drafts Jeremy Ruckert in the 3rd and he is as good as advertised and can both block and catch.
Dallas takes LChenel in the 4th (or and other legit 2 down MLB), and he becomes a 2 down MLB who starts but gives way to JCox as Dallas takes the lead on many teams.
Dallas takes a #3 quick WR in the top of 5, like Gray from SMU. A good hands threat with quickness. If they don't, they should use Pollard as the slot guy on 3rd down, and Zeke as the blocking back out of the backfield.

The OC decides to actually run the ball as a staple, and uses the strength of the players against the weakness of the defense instead of it having to be his offense.
He defines the role for each player, and holds them accountable. He puts every player in a position to succeed.

Dan Quinn utilizes the D and makes it top 5.

And with all of this, Dallas can go 11-6 or 12-5 and win the division and get to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think that changes with MM and Quinn instead of Garrett. This is a quality team with an up and coming defense. Top 10 QB in his prime coming off a healthy offseason. The NFC East is still not good and we are the clear favorites and best team by far.

If Dak hadnt gotten injured in 2020 we make the playoffs two years in a row. Injuries can always derail a season, but I would be willing to bet we win the division and make the playoffs again.

Its not a SB, but at least we get that monkey off our back. The NFC as a whole is getting weaker as well.

The Eagles have two first round picks this year. The Giants have the 5th and 7th overall picks. There's no guarantee we win the division.

The Eagles, well, don't have a QB, but they won 9 games last year despite this. The Giants IMO are our greatest threat. They aren't that bad and they are adding two high picks. Their QB isn't all that bad. A ridiculous amount of injuries derailed them last year. But early on they weren't terrible. They almost beat the Chiefs early on.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Eagles have two first round picks this year. The Giants have the 5th and 7th overall picks. There's no guarantee we win the division.

The Eagles, well, don't have a QB, but they won 9 games last year despite this. The Giants IMO are our greatest threat. They aren't that bad and they are adding two high picks. Their QB isn't all that bad. A ridiculous amount of injuries derailed them last year. But early on they weren't terrible. They almost beat the Chiefs early on.

We have the best QB in the division by a long shot. Best offense and best defense. Its not close really. Nothing is a guarantee. Philly has the picks the next two years to build a good team. But they still have a QB problem. Not sure how they get out of that one.

Flamma

Reaction score
We have the best QB in the division by a long shot. Best offense and best defense. Its not close really. Nothing is a guarantee. Philly has the picks the next two years to build a good team. But they still have a QB problem. Not sure how they get out of that one.

Like I said, the Giants can match our offense if healthy. Then they pick at number 5 and 7 in the draft. What's so great about our offense compared to theirs?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Like I said, the Giants can match our offense if healthy. Then they pick at number 5 and 7 in the draft. What's so great about our offense compared to theirs?

Im not sure how to even answer that. The Giants are one of the worst offenses in the NFL. They are terrible. The Cowboys one of the best. Their QB is terrible for starters.

Maybe with Garrett gone they start to build something. Picking 5 and 7 will help no doubt. Are they going to take a QB and will he all of a sudden develop? Bad year for QB's.

Smartest thing they could do would be to solidify that Oline and keep building that defense.

They gotta go defense and build a top 5 defense then drop in a QB at some point down the road.

Them

Reaction score
...! Still the coming draft, and another round of FA, ...I'll say they get 10 wins ...win the Division for another year; then ...........?

Flamma

Reaction score
Im not sure how to even answer that. The Giants are one of the worst offenses in the NFL. They are terrible. The Cowboys one of the best. Their QB is terrible for starters.

Maybe with Garrett gone they start to build something. Picking 5 and 7 will help no doubt. Are they going to take a QB and will he all of a sudden develop? Bad year for QB's.

Smartest thing they could do would be to solidify that Oline and keep building that defense.

They gotta go defense and build a top 5 defense then drop in a QB at some point down the road.

Their offense isn't that bad when they are all healthy. Injuries derailed them. They almost beat the Chiefs, our great offense put up 9 points against them.

It's not that I think the Giants are this great offense, far from it. I just don't think we are either. Our offense is way over rated.

quickccc

Reaction score
There's still draft, post-draft- June cuts around the league, and possible trades down the road.
We dunno what our DL LB or secondary is gonna be as of today ... ditto with the OL at LG and C,

The WR unit ? .. do we draft a TE in early rounds ? ..FG kicker ? Way too many scenarios and parables right now.
Our roster hasn't been formed yet .
So I cannot realistically predicting our regular season record right now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Their offense isn't that bad when they are all healthy. Injuries derailed them. They almost beat the Chiefs, our great offense put up 9 points against them.

It's not that I think the Giants are this great offense, far from it. I just don't think we are either. Our offense is way over rated.

which offense? The one with a good line or the one in the 2nd half?

either way we’re a good offense. Just a matter of good or great.

willia451

Reaction score
Cowboys season record: Britney Spears: "Oops!.....I Did It Again"

Rayman70

Reaction score
as it stands predraft, I see 5 wins. BUT if we get lucky in the draft we can win 8-9 games. I see 0 way we are better than last year right now.

Flamma

Reaction score
which offense? The one with a good line or the one in the 2nd half?

either way we’re a good offense. Just a matter of good or great.

The one that didn't play the Eagles, Giants, Carolina, Commanders, and Falcons. We played those teams in the second half too.