The Egirls are not built for the long haul

Verdict

Reaction score
I will trade lightning in a bottle over what we have. Which is mediocrity and sprinkle in a few high win seasons that do not amount to anything. I am not greedy. Give me what the Eagles did. And they are going to be pretty good this year. NFL isn't like some other sports where you plan for a decade out. It is short 4 year windows you play with. And they already got their ring with their new coach and players they got. Planning for the future in a violent game like the NFL with the massive turnover every year is not smart. That is why sitting on your hands and 'waiting for next season' is ridiculous.

Im not sure how a fan can bash everything Cowboys and still be a fan. Some complaints yes. Everything---not so much.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Im not sure how a fan can bash everything Cowboys and still be a fan. Some complaints yes. Everything---not so much.

Well good thing I don't answer to anyone about my fandom or my views on this team. All fans are not created the same. You do you and I will do me.

Blake

Reaction score
Exactly. We aren't studying history here. Current events matter. And currently, Dallas is only relevant by name. Not on the field results. We are a running joke for 2 decades now. We have 2 generations of fans who have never seen them win anything. You think they care about the past?

You really think Eagles fans are supposed to be less happy about their ring because in the past they never won? Yeah f that. They deserve to be happy. It made me cringe after they won it all, Dallas fans were saying "oh its about time and it is just one, we have 5". Well they won in 2018. All that matters right now. Giants also have 2 this century.

Exactly. No one talks about the 1920 Cleveland Indians anymore. I'm sure they lit the baseball world on fire that year. If you can't stay relevant, people forget and quit caring about your past. As the years pile up, a championship season just becomes another entry in a perpetually growing stat log. Relevant to people auditioning to appear on Jeopardy?...sure, but the world already moved on.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
HEY i hate Philly, and I will analyze them into the ground. ITS not jealousy either..I think they did a good job last year, what i dont agree with is how some fans think they are loaded with talent..Further i dont think they are as good as they were last year..The proof in my opinion Is Thursday night..

Maybe they Get over the funk offensively but Subtract the players and the Ocord And i think its pretty clear..Those are facts not SB hangover..Be honest with yourself Philly fans..
Thursday's night game doesn't mean ****. That's what happens when teams don't play their starters during the preseason. We get stuck with a bad product to watch for the first few weeks. Anyone who bases their opinion of both the Eagles and Falcons based on that game is a fool. Alright, except Matty Ice has a noodle arm. For all the Dak haters, be glad he doesn't have Ryan's arm strength.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
One other note..Sometimes PFFs assessment is pure homerism...How can you anoint an oline who blocks so good they get their QB smashed? SEEMS Hippo to me!! Lol
His o-line didn't get him smashed, he got himself smashed when he decided to run instead of throwing the ball away. Go watch it on Youtube. The blocking was very good on that play, but the secondary had the play covered very well. He took off after holding the ball for over three seconds and didn't get hit until he reached the goal line. Can't people do some research before making comments that have no basis in fact?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see this comment in lots of threads. And also they caught lightening in a bottle.

So What!

I want us to catch lightening in a bottle! Then if we miss the playoffs for a few years, so what. I'm focused on winning now. Not building a dynasty.

Sorry for the rant.

They took an All-In approach and it worked for them. They now have 1 Super Bowl win in franchise history.

The Patriots take the opposite with their roster. I've lost track of how many Super Bowls they've won.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Eagles D looked pretty good from what i saw --- Thats an unbiased realistic look IMO They won a game when playing bad on O that says a lot IMO
I don't know how you got anything out of a game with 26 penalties.