The Egirls are not built for the long haul

waving monkey

Reaction score
There is always that emotional, clueless, homer contingent that cant help themselves. I have actually developed an amount of respect for Eagles fans. They would never let some clappy clown like Garrett in Philly for more that a year or two. They would run him out of town. Here in Dallas you still have a few pathetic types claiming he is a good coach.
Yes I'm here but I view myself as a patriot along with my fellow resistors of the fatherland. You Huns will stand on our beloved star and claim its a hover board.

Billyd

Reaction score
Defense looked much better (still missing 2 starters) and we didn't have our no. 1 receiver, facts.

Or our qb, kinda big deal
Not really..We were on him way before Howie jumped up to take him..lol..We had peeps in North Dakota way before anybody evened. .

YOUR qb Is just another one in the east. WHO at this point hasnt returned from injury....Well see how that turns out..Right now you are living on last year with a qb that looks like he left it on the field last year. EH...

Hardline

Reaction score
Exactly.......when you have a young QB still on his rookie deal and already rated in the top 8, you're at min halfway there. IN the Eagles case their D and OL are legit. In fact, IMO they're only a franchise RB from being completely set. It's why I said in another thread if I was their GM, I'd go hard after Steeler's RB Bell.
Jay Ajai is a franchise RB

Billyd

Reaction score
I LIKED Jay out of college for the Cowboys..That Crop of running backs that year was amazing..You may not remember but Jay has a degenerative knee issue..He has been able to work around it some, but it has reared its head from time to time in the pros. HE HAS to stay healthy in that area to be effective... If he was a franchise back as you say, Miami would never have traded him..And His best years were there so far!

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I LIKED Jay out of college for the Cowboys..That Crop of running backs that year was amazing..You may not remember but Jay has a degenerative knee issue..He has been able to work around it some, but it has reared its head from time to time in the pros. HE HAS to stay healthy in that area to be effective... If he was a franchise back as you say, Miami would never have traded him..And His best years were there so far!

Exactly, he is solid but can’t carry the load and to put the full load on him is too much. He needs complimentary players to be fully successful

Billyd

Reaction score
JUST like elite qbs, there are only a few franchise rbs in the league anymore..The top five maybe..That we dont need a highly drafted rb to be successful anymore has cracks..

Personally i think that is Nfl owners trying to manufacture the narrative as it compares to TV money!

SoBlue128

Reaction score
JUST like elite qbs, there are only a few franchise rbs in the league anymore..The top five maybe..That we dont need a highly drafted rb to be successful anymore has cracks..

Personally i think that is Nfl owners trying to manufacture the narrative as it compares to TV money!

NFL is becoming college football with the better athletes from the farm system(college) . Most of the top QB’s all run some version of the spread in college and few can sit back and read a defense so they are system QB.s that need a gimmicky offense to flourish.

Billyd

Reaction score
Thats what they say..Still teams seem to find em every year alibi most take development.

THE best qbs have been around for awhile...

I dont understand how ours gets feety in the pocket but run him outside and he throws ropes on a dime that few nfl qbs can do..lol..Just in case this is Rhetorical!

Billyd

Reaction score
Damn it, i thought i had ignored that long enough to make it go away! Im pmlmao!!

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
[We arent built for how long haul at all so we cant point fingers lol]

we are building for the long haul through the draft [that is actually what we are doing]
we're the third youngest team in the NFL

I agree in the future but not right now. Now I see what you mean nevermind lol

Billyd

Reaction score
WHAT is funny is that playing for now or building for the future is one player difference!!lolol

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles absolutely are built for the long haul. And with Roseman, their talent questionmarks all have legitimate possible answers. He did a great job putting that team together, and we saw again last night how a great defense covers up a lot of weaknesses.

That said, the Cowboy fan self-loathing has maybe reached a new low. Have a little self-respect guys. You’ve got a competitive team right now.

Last edited:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where can I get some of this lightening in a bottle? Also, would a Super Bowl victory somehow not count if you were lucky enough to find a bottle?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I see this comment in lots of threads. And also they caught lightening in a bottle.

So What!

I want us to catch lightening in a bottle! Then if we miss the playoffs for a few years, so what. I'm focused on winning now. Not building a dynasty.

Sorry for the rant.
They have the pieces in place to win it all this year and be competitive next year. That will help them attract quality Vets in the future looking for a ring more than money to fill in for the guys leaving for bigger pay days. A lot will depend on their philosophy regarding paying stars and how successful they are replacing them with quality talent. The blueprint is out there, it's just a difficult plan to execute, but it seems the Eagles do have an upper tier coaching staff in place.