Twitter: The entire defense is being designed around Micah Parsons

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

From an effectiveness standpoint, it makes sense to move Parsons around to create favorable matchups not only for him but for our better pass rushers. Gregory and Lawrence are both more effective when there's the threat of another pass rusher coming up the middle or off the edge. Especially the middle rush since we don't have any proven pass rushers among the DTs to cause the offense to sag in the middle to allow the DEs to get around the outside and get to the quarterback without him being able to just step up in the pocket.

lk8701

Reaction score
If you draft a guy that high and have those type of expectations for him, you'd better design the defense around him.

Parsons has a chance to be a generational talent and I am excited to watch his progress.

LaVar Arrington agrees with you. He put him in the same conversation as Ray Lewis, Urlacher, Khalil Mack, and Von Miller. Hopefully his pass rushing surprises people. Could he be a perennial 10 sack guy as an off ball LB?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Not the first time I've said this, Baldinger is a dumb arse. The scheme was drawn up before Parsons was drafted. Sure, he fit the scheme which is a good reason he was drafted with the first pick but no they are not building the defense around this rookie.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not the first time I've said this, Baldinger is a dumb arse. The scheme was drawn up before Parsons was drafted. Sure, he fit the scheme which is a good reason he was drafted with the first pick but no they are not building the defense around this rookie.

Yes i agree new scheme's would be hard as most things have been done...BUT using a player throughout a scheme and testing what an offense can block is just as good...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes i agree new scheme's would be hard as most things have been done...BUT using a player throughout a scheme and testing what an offense can block is just as good...
Who are you testing? Do you now know how any of our regular-season opponents are going to attack you? Nope!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure a NFL coordinator would have a contingency plan just like when I'm sure Parsons gets a breather. Once again thanks for the total useless quote and contribution.
Wishful thinking from the peanut gallery. Once again you give the coaching staff too much credit. Thanks for playing. :clap:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Who are you testing? Do you now know how any of our regular-season opponents are going to attack you? Nope!

We do know however they are either going to throw or run out of the formation they are in and if we keep Parsons and a couple others moving around it will be harder for them to call Block assigments if they DON"T know where the pressure is comming from..wouldn't you agree?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's gonna take a few games but this kid could make Jaylon look a little better. LVE should flourish with him in there too. If anything, it'll be more exciting to watch the D play this year than in years past (at least I hope that).
They defense with Parsons on the field these preseason games has looked pretty damn good. And now Cox is emerging as well.