Twitter: The entire defense is being designed around Micah Parsons

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We do know however they are either going to throw or run out of the formation they are in and if we keep Parsons and a couple others moving around it will be harder for them to call Block assigments if they DON"T know where the pressure is comming from..wouldn't you agree?
Nope, just wait and see how Brady and the Bucs shreds this D.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
This draft could become epic. What I have seen on the D side of the ball from the picks has been pretty good and should only get better.

Going to be day 1 contributors/heavy rotation guys
Parsons
Osi
Joseph

Could be significant contributors mid season (not accounting for any injuries that may push the time table up)
Cox
Wright

Unknown
Chauncey Golston - due to injury
Q. Bohanna - I think he gets snaps due to injury early but not sure he is a long term starter but we will see, needs to develop more like most late rounders
Mukuamu -s- Needs to develop more but has flashed but not ready to contribute in any serious way at this point.

If they actually have hit on 5 draft picks that become either legit starters and or significant playing time back ups that would be huge and a massive overhaul of a D in just one off season.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Nope, just wait and see how Brady and the Bucs shreds this D.

Ok but try and keep your optimism out of this, is it easier to call a blocking assignment when the pressure comes from the sam place everytime?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
And I can't listen to what Baldy is saying but no one designs a scheme around a player. What you do is design concepts and plays within the scheme for a player based on their skillset. And someone with a skillset like Parsons just means there are a lot of different ways to use him throughout the scheme. So you may not have a fake A gap blitz and cover the flat concept in your scheme because you don't have anyone that can do it.. then all of a sudden you have Parsons that runs a 4.3.. so yea, you fake him up the A gap, hold the guard/Center while you do a game with the DT/DE and then Parson can bail out and still get the flat .. it just allows you to do more when you have a unique talent on the field.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
haha loved a comment in the video!!

qULXngq.png

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I do not think that the Bucs will shred our D. In fact, I don't think they score more than 17 points. In fact, they will have less than 100 yards rushing and 300 yards of total offense. We will win the game 27 to 17.

LETS GO COWBOYS!!!!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
And I can't listen to what Baldy is saying but no one designs a scheme around a player. What you do is design concepts and plays within the scheme for a player based on their skillset. And someone with a skillset like Parsons just means there are a lot of different ways to use him throughout the scheme. So you may not have a fake A gap blitz and cover the flat concept in your scheme because you don't have anyone that can do it.. then all of a sudden you have Parsons that runs a 4.3.. so yea, you fake him up the A gap, hold the guard/Center while you do a game with the DT/DE and then Parson can bail out and still get the flat .. it just allows you to do more when you have a unique talent on the field.

Very well said

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Ok but try and keep your optimism out of this, is it easier to call a blocking assignment when the pressure comes from the sam place everytime?
I'm not taking your bait. The premise isn't applicable to what's actually happening. When did the Cowboy's D ever apply pressure from the same place every time?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you can get the O-line and D-line to run 15 miles a day...would they still be the O-line and D-line? your going to have a team of D- backs and WR's ...lol
They run until they barf and then they run some more until they drop.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not the first time I've said this, Baldinger is a dumb arse. The scheme was drawn up before Parsons was drafted. Sure, he fit the scheme which is a good reason he was drafted with the first pick but no they are not building the defense around this rookie.

You think the entire scheme was built back in April and they don’t adjust things or change them based on the talent acquired?

man you would be an awful coach.

you’re probably just too used to “we do what we do” Jason Garrett for the last 10
Years.

real coaches absolutely do design schemes around their best players. It’s smart coaching.