Twitter: The entire defense is being designed around Micah Parsons

HungryLion

Reaction score
I have watched a lot of rookies struggle when they are thrown into the heat of the action. A lot of times it ruins their confidence and it takes a long time for them to recover.

I know I engage in a lot of hyperbole about Micah.

and while I do think he has all the ability in the world to be a cornerstone player. I do expect there to be some ups and downs. He has a lot to learn at the NFL level still.

I do really think he is going to be an elite Player though. Just a matter of how long it takes to get there.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know I engage in a lot of hyperbole about Micah.

and while I do think he has all the ability in the world to be a cornerstone player. I do expect there to be some ups and downs. He has a lot to learn at the NFL level still.

I do really think he is going to be an elite Player though. Just a matter of how long it takes to get there.
He's already a game changer and will be starting against the Bucs. Have you been watching him play? He's all over the place. Forces a guy out of bounds which gets him no stat but prevents the 1st down.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He's already a game changer and will be starting against the Bucs. Have you been watching him play? He's all over the place. Forces a guy out of bounds which gets him no stat but prevents the 1st down.

Yes I’ve watched every down. Micah is a game changer.

all I’m saying is. Even those of us that are super excited about Micah and expect him to be an elite player. Still expect there to be occasional growing pains, being that he is a rookie.

It doesn’t mean he won’t be a highly impactful player from the start though.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yes I’ve watched every down. Micah is a game changer.

all I’m saying is. Even those of us that are super excited about Micah and expect him to be an elite player. Still expect there to be occasional growing pains, being that he is a rookie.

It doesn’t mean he won’t be a highly impactful player from the start though.

There will be mistakes, the thing we hope for is there will be the same amount of great plays, i'll take mistakes if they come with drive changing plays also...not just mistake after mistake......

cowboyed

Reaction score
Who's the next best player to step into the Micah Parsons designer defense in case he goes down for any amount of appreciable time, whether Covid or injury?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Parsons most effective position may well be OLB standing up rushing the passer at the line of scrimmage to the side of Lawrence or Gregory.

What I still can't understand is why the FO would have taken Horn or Surtain when they had Parsons with a higher grade who can make more of an impact and makes other players around him better

Because they think they're smarter than everyone else.