Twitter: The entire defense is being designed around Micah Parsons

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm not taking your bait. The premise isn't applicable to what's actually happening. When did the Cowboy's D ever apply pressure from the same place every time?

Ummm it has literally came from the DE's or a coverage sack..its been a while since we have had multiple positions able to play in the backfield. Its not bait its literally what Quinn is trying to do so far in PS, he has in fact brought pressure from all over the field ....had a LB rushing the 1 gap with a DT twist into it...thats not common place around here for a LONG while....

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Not the first time I've said this, Baldinger is a dumb arse. The scheme was drawn up before Parsons was drafted. Sure, he fit the scheme which is a good reason he was drafted with the first pick but no they are not building the defense around this rookie.
Imagine someone who calls an Ex NFL player a dumb A, and thinking your a lot smarter and have more knowledge than him....all while posting on a message board :lmao2::muttley:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You think the entire scheme was built back in April and they don’t adjust things or change them based on the talent acquired?

man you would be an awful coach.

you’re probably just too used to “we do what we do” Jason Garrett for the last 10
Years.

real coaches absolutely do design schemes around their best players. It’s smart coaching.
Design around your best players, sure but that's not rookie Micha.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The NFLPA is going to love you lol, I mean we used to have railroad ties attached in the dead of August so i get it...But they dont even allow 2 a days in camp anymore....
And, you're only allowed a limited time of live tackling in practice. One reason I retired, to many rules....

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Design around your best players, sure but that's not rookie Micha.

Joe you may have to let this go soon, the kid looks like he is in fact one of the best players on the team.....it could change but Maybe's are not your thing.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Rookie Micah is one of the best players on the defense.

coaches are also supposed to be able to project and have a good idea about what a player can give them based on practice and training camp. Clearly Dan Quinn feels a certain way about Micah.
:lmao::laugh::lmao2:Yeah okay, enough from you. I may as well be talking to a monkey. :muttley:

Majic

Reaction score
Parsons most effective position may well be OLB standing up rushing the passer at the line of scrimmage to the side of Lawrence or Gregory.

What I still can't understand is why the FO would have taken Horn or Surtain when they had Parsons with a higher grade who can make more of an impact and makes other players around him better

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak doesn't play defense.....there is not another player on this defense that can do what this kid does. Lawrence is a stud, but his skill set is limited.
Parsons is a flash in the pan. The kid just doesn't impress me.