Twitter: The entire defense is being designed around Micah Parsons

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Rookie Micah is one of the best players on the defense.

coaches are also supposed to be able to project and have a good idea about what a player can give them based on practice and training camp. Clearly Dan Quinn feels a certain way about Micah.
Lets talk about BPD.. best player defensively, and not being condescending, just trying to keep it real.
Tank
Gregory
Diggs
LVE
You see where this list is going, should I put A Brown on this list as well..
On comparing early eye test from the couch coach, and I know everyone's opinion matters.
So here is mine...
Parsons is a beast of a steal, we actually traded back to acquire him, and sorry for those in this forum like Joe that dont know the difference between Stainless Steel and aluminum... jk @JoeKing .. open eyes and shut mouth sometimes makes you a smarter person.
Parsons is a rare talent that fell into our laps with room to play on draft day.
The defensive picks seem to be shining in this draft class, and Parsons is the perfect pick that can immediately impact a defense in immediate transition.
I love this package, think @xwalker brought it up earlier.. but can envision this being a go to D set package.
Parsons
Neal
LVE/Cox
Jaylon better embrace a special teams ace position at this point, he is loosing ground, already lost ground and needs to discover what he can add to this back seven that is quickly evolving.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Here is a team that doesn't know how to balance an offense or coach special teams, but they have the intelligence to build around a rookie they had no idea would be on the team. Hhmm

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Here is a team that doesn't know how to balance an offense or coach special teams, but they have the intelligence to build around a rookie they had no idea would be on the team. Hhmm
Well its Quinns first year, so maybe yes.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Have always wondered how they actually enforce this.
Plenty of parents in the stands with stop watches! Lol
Seriously, it's not hard....just include it in your practice schedules...most coaches have very intricate and precise schedules.

J-man

Reaction score
This quote caught me attention.
"I think he's going to be the most versatile defender in the league."
WOW! That is some big praise for Baldy!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If Parsons is put mostly at MLB, and the Cowboys run a 4-3 defenses a lot, it would make sense, the 4-3 was designed by Landry around the MLB...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Plenty of parents in the stands with stop watches! Lol
Seriously, it's not hard....just include it in your practice schedules...most coaches have very intricate and precise schedules.
Not enforcing with your players,, talking about how the league/CBA rules and how can teams actually be held accountable to the letter of the rule.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not enforcing with your players,, talking about how the league/CBA rules and how can teams actually be held accountable to the letter of the rule.
Plenty of eyes around NFL teams....plus each had a players rep that needs to report to the union of any rules are being broken. These guys are pros and most won't hesitate to speak up.

jnday

Reaction score
I'm not with you on that. I say throw him out there and let him determine what he can and can't do. Some rookies have the best year of their careers that first year. Others do better when they become seasoned. It'll become apparent fairly quickly to the coaches if there is something he isn't ready for.

That doesn't mean he isn't going to make mistakes, but seasoned vets make mistakes.

I look at it like Trevon Diggs. He could have spent the year on the bench instead of having an up-and-down rookie season as a starter. However, he showed the strengths of his game and the weaknesses and hopefully, he's grown from that. From all accounts, he has, but we'll see.
I have watched a lot of rookies struggle when they are thrown into the heat of the action. A lot of times it ruins their confidence and it takes a long time for them to recover.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This is a second reason you’re not coaching material, you have zero eye for talent
Well, if he's it, you're right, I don't see it. There is nothing nefarious going on here, I have no agenda. I just don't see what everyone else claims to see in him. I hope that doesn't mean we can't be friends.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I have watched a lot of rookies struggle when they are thrown into the heat of the action. A lot of times it ruins their confidence and it takes a long time for them to recover.

And there have been a lot of rookies who have succeeded and went on to have great careers. You have to judge where they are and what the expectations for them should be based on practice and preseason. If they show they aren't up for something yet, then you reel that in. You don't handcuff them, though, before you know what they can handle.

For example, when offenses start being more exotic, maybe Parsons will have problems figuring out his assignments. If that's the case, it's up to the defensive coordinator to simplify what he does so he can play with speed instead of overthinking. That doesn't mean you adjust for every blown assignments. You have to figure out, though, when it's a learning experience and when it is just too big for the player.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Against the Texans 2 out of 28 snaps Cowboys were in a 4-3 alignment

Right. We'll mostly be in the nickel because teams run a lot of three-receiver sets. The 4-3 (or modified 3-4) alignment will be used primarily when teams are in two-tight end or tight end-two back sets. Some teams use more two-tight end than others.