Twitter: The entire defense is being designed around Micah Parsons

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I really don't know what you are talking about.

Obviously the entire defense isn't literally built around Parsons alone. But there is no "next man up" when it comes to Parsons role, it's unique in this system and to me it's pretty clear a number of plays are designed to get the most out of him. That's really what he's getting at. To me the observation is interesting and without an "Armchair expert" making that observation and talking about we don't get to have the discussion. I want to better understand what I'm watching, I find that makes it more fun for me.
Typical. Build it around Parsons. No we dont mean literally, dude, just in a metaphysical way. Build it around Parsons! Well, not really.
London fog! You are tearing me apart!
000010_748x421_1487_176.jpg

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Considering that Parsons is a rookie and he didn’t play last year, I think everybody should tap the brakes at this point because it is entirely possible that the kid can’t handle the pressure. He should be used more as time goes on and he proves himself. As it stands, he a totally unproven player and I would be cautious with his development.

I'm not with you on that. I say throw him out there and let him determine what he can and can't do. Some rookies have the best year of their careers that first year. Others do better when they become seasoned. It'll become apparent fairly quickly to the coaches if there is something he isn't ready for.

That doesn't mean he isn't going to make mistakes, but seasoned vets make mistakes.

I look at it like Trevon Diggs. He could have spent the year on the bench instead of having an up-and-down rookie season as a starter. However, he showed the strengths of his game and the weaknesses and hopefully, he's grown from that. From all accounts, he has, but we'll see.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Considering that Parsons is a rookie and he didn’t play last year, I think everybody should tap the brakes at this point because it is entirely possible that the kid can’t handle the pressure. He should be used more as time goes on and he proves himself. As it stands, he a totally unproven player and I would be cautious with his development.

He will be the defensive rookie of the year this year as well as pro bowl, all pro, defensive player of the year, league MVP, Super Bowl MVP and Walter Payton man of the year.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I really dont think so. But if he can become a better and healthy version of Sean Lee we got a winner.
Wise words.
Indeed.
...Exactly, who are you and what's your game, rakish fellow?
What have you done with the scalowag GP?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Wise words.
Indeed.
...Exactly, who are you and what's your game, rakish fellow?
What have you done with the scalowag GP?
I'm a bottom feeder tht sometimes rises to the top Some call us Serpents others mermaids

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He will be the defensive rookie of the year this year as well as pro bowl, all pro, defensive player of the year, league MVP, Super Bowl MVP and Walter Payton man of the year.

Laugh if you will, but do we dream too high for a Nobel or Pulitzer?

(Canonization is too over the top, clean chaps.) But the two above seem just and commensurate with our fandom.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Laugh if you will, but do we dream too high for a Nobel or Pulitzer?

(Canonization is too over the top, clean chaps.) But the two above seem just and commensurate with our fandom.
We stole you guys bacon and saved it. Accurate?

DanA

Reaction score
Typical. Build it around Parsons. No we dont mean literally, dude, just in a metaphysical way. Build it around Parsons! Well, not really.
London fog! You are tearing me apart!
000010_748x421_1487_176.jpg

"That guys a beast"
"Parsons is making all the plays"
"Parsons is lighting quick"
"Parsons looks a man among boys"
"The defense is built around Parsons"

These are hyperbowl statements not meant to be taken 100% literal. A common use definition is implied and doesn't really needed to be explained. If you can't get that.....or see that as some sort of metaphysical concept....that's on you.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
"That guys a beast"
"Parsons is making all the plays"
"Parsons is lighting quick"
"Parsons looks a man among boys"
"The defense is built around Parsons"

These are hyperbowl statements not meant to be taken 100% literal. A common use definition is implied and doesn't really needed to be explained. If you can't get that.....or see that as some sort of metaphysical concept....that's on you.
What a relief!"
Thanks, bloke.

plasticman

Reaction score
"Building around" a single player is very risky.

There is no other defensive player in this league with the talent, athleticism and potential of Micah Parsons. I believe his is generational.

And if he is ever injured?

So now the offense is useless without Dak while the defense is useless without Micah?

Very risky.