The fact that Romo never won the big one

Diehardblues

Reaction score
consistency is the key. It didn't really exist. We consistently had a passing offense. Tough to just point to 2 random years where we think they had a shot. I still in 12 years have seen nothing that tells me the coaching is capable.

Take the Packers for example.

Since 2006, 9 trips to the playoffs. played in 4 championship games, 18 playoff games, had 10 postseason wins, a berth 8 years in a row from 2009 to 2016 and still only 1 championship. That's pretty consistent. As great as Rodgers is it obviously takes more.
The key is much like with Romo , Rodgers has elevated their team . And remained fairly healthy except for last year and why the playoff streak ended.

To Rodgers credit while only with 1 championship he did also reach the championship game two other times with a much better playoff record. One that illustrates my argument for years that a greater QB like Rodgers potentially could have uplifted us more. Which wasn’t meant to be a slam on Romo.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Shula won Superbowls without Marino. I do think Shula was a little overrated. Though still an excellent coach.
Shula over rated? Then we could say Landry was over rated. Tom lost more championships than he won. Just saying..

Big_D

Reaction score
The key is much like with Romo , Rodgers has elevated their team . And remained fairly healthy except for last year and why the playoff streak ended.

To Rodgers credit while only with 1 championship he did also reach the championship game two other times with a much better playoff record. One that illustrates my argument for years that a greater QB like Rodgers potentially could have uplifted us more. Which wasn’t meant to be a slam on Romo.

Maybe? if we got the Rodgers who was already developed and won something. But no way for a second do I think he's the same player today if drafted by Jerry and coached by Garrett. The dysfunction and poor decision making runs very deep and it's the underlying problem. The Packers are a much smarter organization and Rodgers no doubt benefits from that. I don't view it as a slam on Romo, but with Jerry the problem exists before the QB even suits up and takes the field no matter who that might be!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe? if we got the Rodgers who was already developed and won something. But no way for a second do I think he's the same player today if drafted by Jerry and coached by Garrett. The dysfunction and poor decision making runs very deep and it's the underlying problem. The Packers are a much smarter organization and Rodgers no doubt benefits from that. I don't view it as a slam on Romo, but with Jerry the problem exists before the QB even suits up and takes the field no matter who that might be!
Of course but the point remains that if we agree Romo elevated with his talent level it’s entirely possible a greater talent than Romo could have elevated us more.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I always thought Romo made the team look better than it was. But Romo would also have his games that he played poorly. I remember people and including media always saying that he would choke in big games. I never thought that. Sometimes he was the only reason we were in it.

lukin2006

Reaction score
If he had this D, this line with Elliot and Cooper then he would have one an SB.