The false perception Stephen is running Cowboys Football

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To some maybe that want that to be the case but not to me.

I might give some consideration to the "Son worshippers" if I had not seen that shot from the war room right before the McGovern pick. And the one thing that puzzles me is this embracing him as the man to guide it to glory. There are sons of owners running AZ, CIN and OAK as cause for celebration?
And what about last year . All of those good decisions had us at 3-4 on the verge of 2 consecutive non playoff seasons until Daddy swoops in with one of his bold big moves to save the season.

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
And what about last year . All of those good decisions had us at 3-4 on the verge of 2 consecutive non playoff seasons until Daddy swoops in with one of his bold big moves to save the season.

Just amazes me how some fans interpret events and evidence. But usually spending most of my day usually social events not allowed in this forum it shouldn’t surprise me.
so what you're saying is that in between arguing on this forum and most of the rest of your day spent arguing social events, the sum total of your life is arguing some point with someone.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Just amazes me how some fans interpret events and evidence. But usually spending most of my day arguing social events not allowed in this forum it shouldn’t surprise me.

I find it quite amusing that the Garrett homers give JG the credit for the mid season turnaround, not the signing of Cooper. Its 2016 all over again - Dak and Zeke were the reason for the good season that year, not Garrett.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I find it quite amusing that the Garrett homers give JG the credit for the mid season turnaround, not the signing of Cooper. Its 2016 all over again - Dak and Zeke were the reason for the good season that year, not Garrett.

What is amusing is those who will place blame on one hand after a loss and yet will never give credit in winning. Rookie 4th rd QB and Rookie RB is the reason for a good season not the coach yet all loses are dumped on him. We got a lot of fat people here who love having their cake and eating it to. lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me the bottom line is winning Conf CGs and SBs which is what this franchise used to be all about

Now we’re about relevance and winning regular season games and that somehow is great

Like I said, different strokes for different folks
What's the alternative to acceptance?

We can find a winner that better suits our needs for contending. Or we accept things out of our control and realize we're just along for the ride.

The Dallas Cowboys of the 70's and 90's are just history, built by different people. I would prefer to be in my 20's or 40's as I was then but I am not and can't go find a new body so I am stuck with this one in it's 70's. I can either accept that or piss and moan about it and end up being a 71 year old pissin' moaner.

Someone on the old forum described being a Cowboys fan, and it was much worse then, as being in love with a bad woman that treats you like crap but you just can't quit her. Oh, you can pack your bags and drive around all day but come nighttime, you just gravitate back home and into that bed that you've shared for so long. That's me, visionary, I've tried and I can't quit her, too much history and memories with her. And if anyone outside the family badmouths her, I'll defend her to the end.

Love the old days, 20 years of winning seasons and 5 trips in the first 20 years but she started to age in the last 20, not as pretty as she once was but she can still get dolled up every now and then to remind me of what she once looked like. But, I am resigned to the fact that she may never be really pretty again but then I remember I didn't just sign on to be there when she was pretty and others love really ugly ones but we all share that one thing that is so hard to understand how it arrived and why it won't leave, loyalty.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
so what you're saying is that in between arguing on this forum and most of the rest of your day spent arguing social events, the sum total of your life is arguing some point with someone.
It’s too hot to play golf and I can’t sit out at pool all day. So yea.. lol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Don't know the answer to the first two and don't know who convinced them they could go without a WR1 to start the season. That is a true mystery and the easy answer is the departed OC but what OC is going to do that?

My opinion is the first two were driven by Romo's agent when Booger stepped in it while the negotiation was taking place. I think all four were finally approved by Booger because I saw that happen with a 3rd rounder in this last draft, guess we won't see a question about McGovern? That leads me to believe that he has the final say in rounds 1 and 2.

As far as the only one wanting Manziel, that was it in the end but not before that. Booger was the most on board because of the promotional value of Johnny Football, perfect for the Center Ring at the Big Top, but he only lost support of the others when, I believe it was all Son that did this too, they spent all 15 minutes of the interview about all things not about football. Son was trying to shoe him the light on this kid and even Manziel's parents came out and said they didn't want their son going to Dallas.

Rocky, the rest is myth and legend, that he pushed his Dad up against the wall and snatched the ticket from his hand. And that went around for a while so that illustrates how things can get on one of these forums. I believe the entire room was trying to influence Booger to ignore the PT Booger in him. Booger had seen the #2 with Manziel on the back in a Cowboys uniform when he was him play as a freshman and was not going easily from that dream.
Never said he pushed anyone up against the wall. But I do know JJ wanted Manziel because he said so in the post draft news conference. The bottom line to my questions is that everyone BUT JJ made those decisions. JJ just signed off on them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep and 2015 is credited to not having Romo, Dak or Zeke. Lol

GMO415

Reaction score
Let's put it this way, Jerry is definitely not the future

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So Jerry came up with the idea of going out and getting Cooper? :lmao::lmao2:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
acr, can't buy that one. No question Cooper arriving was a huge shot in the arm but I do not underestimate the effect on the entire team when management realizes they've made a mistake and move to remedy that and not wait. They were wrong, they fixed that. That can be an adrenaline shot to a team just as it can be to a company and I've been through that.

I am not a Garrett homer, not even a fan, but I will give credit where it's due, the same with Booger getting better at his job. But I will also give blame to him for having them at 3-5 and to whomever thought they could make it with a QB struggling in the last half of his previous season and that group of WR's. The WR wasn't the difference, the team was.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That depends how far in the future you are talking about. Technically none of us are part of the future if that's 100 years. We can win a SB in the future with Jerry being handed the Lombardi trophy.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Father time will eventually take care of things. Problem is no one knows how much longer the nightmare will last. Jerry turns 77 in October, and could easily last another 20 years or more. Who would have ever imagined the Dallas Cowboys being out of super bowl talk for over 40 years straight.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you have any evidence to the contrary? I’d love to see it.
There's no evidence of who instigated that or when they realized they'd screwed the pooch or who was responsible for that. The safe assumption is Linehan is to blame because he's gone. But the rule of sales always applies, in order to sell something, you have to have a buyer. And they're still with the team.

And that's the beauty of it. Look at all of these unknowns we get to discuss and form opinions on and try and sell or defend them here. Hell, if we knew too much, what would the fun be in that?