The fewest amount of total rushing yards through week 4

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What's crazy about this is after a loss, some critics will point the fingers/blame at Dak and Lamb for not doing enough. Andy Reid, Shanahan or Mahomes would struggle to win with the team as is stands now. Hell, even if they could find/manufacture points, our defense can't stop any team.

Brax

Reaction score
Or worse, being just fine throwing an entire season away just to save a little cash. In a normal NFL world, that gets the GM fired.
In Jerry’s twisted mind he sees it this way
I have the highest paid QB (to him it means the best)
I have the highest paid WR see above
I will have highest paid DE/LB see above
I have a market value high end CB
This is a SB team make no mistake about it and I’m paying a RB 8 million dollars this year it’s a great roster and we like what we have.
Jerry is happy with being able to say he’s paid for the best and they should be carrying the load.
Meanwhile Stevie chirps in that all they need to do is get CD the ball 15 times a game and bingo it’s SB baby

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Dalvin Cook right now.......

yH.gif

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
We have been blown out in 2 of the 4 games, which takes running off the table as you try to claw back in it. Not saying we don't suck at running the ball, just pointing out that, even if we had the 2016 line and rookie Zeke, it would not look much different given the 2 blowout losses

Creeper

Reaction score

This isn't just the RBs. There is a bigger problem.

The lack of big plays in general is the play calling, IMO. The Cowboys really like 15 plays drives made up of a bunch of short passes and runs.

But the lack of a running game is one reason why they don't score in the red zone. It gets easier to defend those short passes when your close to the goal line.

On the other hand, we have a defense that can't get off the field. The Cowboys have forced on 13 punts in 4 games, which sounds like it's not that bad, until you realize 7 of those came in 1 game. They forced on 1 punt against NO, and 1 against the Giants. No offense and no defense is not a good combination.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In Jerry’s twisted mind he sees it this way
I have the highest paid QB (to him it means the best)
I have the highest paid WR see above
I will have highest paid DE/LB see above
I have a market value high end CB
This is a SB team make no mistake about it and I’m paying a RB 8 million dollars this year it’s a great roster and we like what we have.
Jerry is happy with being able to say he’s paid for the best and they should be carrying the load.
Meanwhile Stevie chirps in that all they need to do is get CD the ball 15 times a game and bingo it’s SB baby
So True.

And it just underscores their fantasy football level understanding of NFL roster building. “We have given these coaches all these All Pros, we should be able to win.” They crow all the time about how many Pro bowlers or All Pros they have regardless of what they collectively can do as a team.

Again, NFL rosters that win in the playoffs are not a collection of all stars. They are team that is designed to play in ways that complement each other. That’s a concept the Jones boys have never grasped.

John813

Reaction score
49ers smh CMac gets injured. No problem they just inserts Jordan Mason who is almost leading the NFL in yards. Now thats good coaching and a beast of an Oline.

Jordan Mason isn't CMC, but I watched him at GT. If he did the Gibbs route and left for a better team he would of been drafted.
Sort of like J. Thomas, our safety. Georgia Tech was a bad team, with some gems among guys not bound for Sunday.
But yea, the 49ers have a nice setup where they don't need a superstar to have a run game.

Brax

Reaction score
So True.

And it just underscores their fantasy football level understanding of NFL roster building. “We have given these coaches all these All Pros, we should be able to win.” They crow all the time about how many Pro bowlers or All Pros they have regardless of what they collectively can do as a team.

Again, NFL rosters that win in the playoffs are not a collection of all stars. They are team that is designed to play in ways that complement each other. That’s a concept the Jones boys have never grasped.
Some how Jerry vision of the 90s glory is it was the triplets and the other guy’s, some how he forgot the role the D played in those teams. Both Romo and Dak were/ are good enough to get to a SB but not with how the team has been structured and managed . Somehow Jerry truly believes he just hires a coach and gives him mostly players Jerry believes are top notch and expects them to just coach them up. DC after DC OC after OC HC after HC and the same result season after season. There is no one complaining about any of this if they are in the SB mix regularly in the SB occasionally. I’m talking Landry and Johnson years. It’s Jerry that just has to prove he’s the guy that is the architect and truly doesn’t understand team play because there’s no team in the front office only a dictator who craves all glory. Building your team based on 4-5 guys mostly on the O side hasn’t worked but that’s what happens when you hire yes men and family at all the important FO positions. After the GB debacle Jerry still doesn’t get it. It’s his team he has the right to run it his way but I believe at this point the the players and coaches know it’s the money that matters not the results and they are happy winning in the bank.

Bagman

Reaction score
We passed every one of them.........As I said in another thread. If I didn't know better, I would think Jerry and Stephen Jones are intentionally sabotaging this season/team.
I personally think they locked in Dak and CeeDee and left the rest of the team in limbo, hoping they fail. That way, Jones could fire the whole coaching staff and dump unproductive players.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
5 I believe.

Henry
Jacobs
Aaron jones
Dobbins
Saquon
Jerry and Stephen maintained Henry and Saquon were out of price range , but if you hadn’t signed Dak you could have signed any of these guys. I was hoping for at least Aaron Jones ( who has slayed us every time he played against) but NO….

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I think you have your stats mixed up. That is the avg number of yards given up by game you quoted.