The fictional “Elite Quarterback” label

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
But that is a definition people use. You are "elite"if you can carry a team by yourself. Yet, no one actually does it by themselves. Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Pat Mahomes.....they are wrongfully given this accomplishment but they all have help.
“But that is a definition people use. You are "elite"if you can carry a team by yourself.”

Definition according to who? In my opinion, being elite means being the best at what you do. Has nothing to do with carrying. Stop with the semantics.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, those are very similar stats to Brady's in the super bowl vs the Rams. In fact, Brady's rating was even lower at 71.4. So, you're saying Dak is great?
LOL...one look at this video pretty sums up all his major FLAWS and why we are going nowhere with him at QB.
Hey, Ksk it is what it is and it ain't pretty!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This "Non-Elite" QB wants top 5 QB monies......you be the judge if he is Elite?

For the millionth time, pay is not a position ranking, and is instead based on market factors. If Dak, Wilson, Rodgers, Mohomes etc … were all negotiating new contracts at the same time under the same market conditions, Dak would not be in a position to end up at the top of the heap, but that's not the case. Their contracts were not negotiated under the same conditions. It's not really that hard to understand. It's the same with the real estate market or other economic markets.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
For the millionth time, pay is not a position ranking, and is instead based on market factors. If Dak, Wilson, Rodgers, Mohomes etc … were all negotiating new contracts at the same time under the same market conditions, Dak would not be in a position to end up at the top of the heap, but that's not the case. Their contracts were not negotiated under the same conditions. It's not really that hard to understand. It's the same with the real estate market or other economic markets.
This. I don't understand why some ignore this.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Look who are you replying too. ITs easier for him to play stupid then deal with reality.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

True which is why Dak will not be the highest paid player for long. Watson in Houston will be coming up for a new deal as well Mohomes and I will bet both will get bigger contract than Dak.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You keep the contracts and real estate and I'll take a QB with ACCURACY and POISE in the pocket along with being able to throw all types of passes to beating teams above 500.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You keep the contracts and real estate and I'll take a QB with ACCURACY and POISE in the pocket along with being able to throw all types of passes to abusing teams above 500.
This response ignores the reality of contracts. Pretending that reality doesn't exist doesn't serve any purpose other than reflect an ignorance of reality.

Of course, reasonable discussion has never been your strong suit, and, as always, you post as if Dak stole your sister's innocence or swindled your family out of their life savings.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This response ignores the reality of contracts. Pretending that reality doesn't exist doesn't serve any purpose other than reflect an ignorance of reality.

Of course, reasonable discussion has never been your strong suit, and, as always, you post as if Dak stole your sister's innocence or swindled your family out of their life savings.

When you Dak-Homers hit the wall the insults begin.
Now its my sister tomorrow my mother amazing how they let you guys get away with this nonsense here.....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now its my sister tomorrow my mother amazing how they let you guys get away with this nonsense here.....
It's not about being a "Dak Homer" - that's just an idiotic excuse for trying to perpetuate an argument absent facts and reality. Market factors come into play no matter how blind you either are, or choose to be to it.

I don't at all think Dak is elite like a Mahomes, or Rodgers or a few others, but there is a reason the number of those true "elites" is so small. They simply aren't available to run to Walmart and buy one off the shelf. So, absent one of those few (3-5) elites, everyone else is left working to succeed with someone less than elite. You have ridiculously acted in the past that Dak isn't even worthy of a starting position in the NFL (although you can't name 32 better QBs), but the reality is he does fall among the group of strong QBs that fall short of being elite.

When you are willing to talk rationally instead of taking an extreme position trying to support your narrative, you will be taken seriously. Whether they agree with your or not, any reasonable person can understand if someone feels a QB has plateaued or is going to fall short of what they expect, but to take an extreme position kills any chance at credibility. That's what you have done with your narrative even though you apparently think you are supporting it.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
So Romo wasn’t one of the best?
Why are you bringing up Romo? This is how you Dak people drive away other people from warming up to Dak. Y’all always gotta bring up Romo, & other QBs, trying to compare.

No, Romo was not elite. Stop with the strawmans.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why are you bringing up Romo? This is how you Dak people drive away other people from warming up to Dak. Y’all always gotta bring up Romo, & other QBs, trying to compare.

No, Romo was not elite. Stop with the strawmans.
Huh? So wait there's rules now to posting? You aren't allowed to compare players? Interesting. Thanks or the lesson.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
When you have no substantial argument, fact to debate or any sort of relevant point in a discussion = playing the victim erroneously claiming there was an insult while at the same time name calling the "go to" Dak homers.

jnday

Reaction score
It's not about being a "Dak Homer" - that's just an idiotic excuse for trying to perpetuate an argument absent facts and reality. Market factors come into play no matter how blind you either are, or choose to be to it.

I don't at all think Dak is elite like a Mahomes, or Rodgers or a few others, but there is a reason the number of those true "elites" is so small. They simply aren't available to run to Walmart and buy one off the shelf. So, absent one of those few (3-5) elites, everyone else is left working to succeed with someone less than elite. You have ridiculously acted in the past that Dak isn't even worthy of a starting position in the NFL (although you can't name 32 better QBs), but the reality is he does fall among the group of strong QBs that fall short of being elite.

When you are willing to talk rationally instead of taking an extreme position trying to support your narrative, you will be taken seriously. Whether they agree with your or not, any reasonable person can understand if someone feels a QB has plateaued or is going to fall short of what they expect, but to take an extreme position kills any chance at credibility. That's what you have done with your narrative even though you apparently think you are supporting it.
It doesn’t matter. There is no excuse for the personal insults and attacks on family members.