The Fire Jason Garrett Thread **merged**

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Winning is such a rare thing. But even after the losing occurs the depression or disappointment can give way to hope. What makes this whole episode worse is that we all know Garret isn't going anywhere. So there is no hope. So many things wrong with this team. But nothing matters unless the coaching staff is overhauled. Parting ways with Witten and Dez, Durrant, O-Scan and injecting speed and freshness into the roster accomplishes nothing until we have leadership. And that cannot come from a player.

This whole season has been passionless. The entertainment has not been there. The anticipation has not been there. That's down to the inability or lack of want of our owner to make a change. How long does it it take to come to the realization you have the wrong man running the show? It is incredulous.

I yearn for something to occur that will ignite a spark and create interest again. That can only happen from huge changes in personnel both on the sideline and between the lines.

zeke21

Reaction score
The defence pulled it together late in the year and the changes of players helped, so I would say that Rod could stay but it is a 50/50 call.

You could replace HC, OC and DC and instantly make this a 100% better team.. instantly.

Proof

Reaction score
for someone who is a Garrett supporter, or even if you just don't think he's to blame... can you say what you think he brings to the table?

From my perspective he isn't a good play caller, tactician, time manager, fiery personality (any personality), doesn't seem to have any keen insight, can't make adjustments, doesn't handle adversity well, has no sustained success...

"what would ya say you do here?"

Proof

Reaction score
Wow. Garrett is a total clown. I just listened to part of the press conference and he explained taking the field goal kick with one minute left by saying that they did that so that they could hopefully get the ball back and score a TD.

This team hadn't scored a TD ALL GAME, and his coaching decision is to make it such that they could possibly score a TD in a minute after possibly recovering an onside kick!?

Wow. I have no words.

Eh... I can't stand Garrett, but I understood the call and it made complete sense. But he's a moron though so who cares

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason Garrett has been round long enough for any sane person to realize what you have in him as a coach. He is what he is......and that to me, is and always has been, unacceptable. I am still waiting for Garrett supporters to tell me exactly what it is you like about him as a coach to the extent you want to keep him for yet another year.

phildadon86

Reaction score
for someone who is a Garrett supporter, or even if you just don't think he's to blame... can you say what you think he brings to the table?

From my perspective he isn't a good play caller, tactician, time manager, fiery personality (any personality), doesn't seem to have any keen insight, can't make adjustments, doesn't handle adversity well, has no sustained success...

"what would ya say you do here?"
He won coach of th year last year. That was the worst thing that could have jappened to us

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Eh... I can't stand Garrett, but I understood the call and it made complete sense. But he's a moron though so who cares
I understood the logic behind it, but this is the same clown that is worrying about time when they decided not to run it in once with Zeke with 1st and goal and less than five with a lot more time still to go in the game.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Jason Garrett has been round long enough for any sane person to realize what you have in him as a coach. He is what he is......and that to me, is and always has been, unacceptable. I am still waiting for Garrett supporters to tell me exactly what it is you like about him as a coach to the extent you want to keep him for yet another year.

I hoped it would work out, there really wasn’t any reason to think he would be a success. Jerry, to me, is still the biggest detriment to any sustained success.

Jason Garrett, schematically, decision making, on game day etc. gives the Cowboys no advantage. On nearly every game day the Cowboys are at a disadvantage on the sideline.

The fact that this dope continues to take the ball and not defer is one of the many reasons he can’t go soon enough.

Having said all of that, I have ZERO confidence that Jones and son will find somebody appreciably better. They have to be “comfortable” first and foremost, rather than attempting to find a dynamic, innovative, inspired head coach.

visionary

Reaction score
Winning is such a rare thing. But even after the losing occurs the depression or disappointment can give way to hope. What makes this whole episode worse is that we all know Garret isn't going anywhere. So there is no hope. So many things wrong with this team. But nothing matters unless the coaching staff is overhauled. Parting ways with Witten and Dez, Durrant, O-Scan and injecting speed and freshness into the roster accomplishes nothing until we have leadership. And that cannot come from a player.

This whole season has been passionless. The entertainment has not been there. The anticipation has not been there. That's down to the inability or lack of want of our owner to make a change. How long does it it take to come to the realization you have the wrong man running the show? It is incredulous.

I yearn for something to occur that will ignite a spark and create interest again. That can only happen from huge changes in personnel both on the sideline and between the lines.

2 people to blame

Jerry
Garrett

stiletto

Reaction score
He won coach of th year last year. That was the worst thing that could have jappened to us

The worst thing that happened to us was Jerry winning the Super Bowl in 1995 with Switzer. It made him believe he can do it HIS WAY. 22+ year Disaster for us....I would GLADLY give that Super Bowl back to put Jerry in the place he should've been all along. An Owner with true football guys running things but that's just me...whole 'nother argument.

MS17

Reaction score
I hoped it would work out, there really wasn’t any reason to think he would be a success. Jerry, to me, is still the biggest detriment to any sustained success.

Jason Garrett, schematically, decision making, on game day etc. gives the Cowboys no advantage. On nearly every game day the Cowboys are at a disadvantage on the sideline.

The fact that this dope continues to take the ball and not defer is one of the many reasons he can’t go soon enough.

Having said all of that, I have ZERO confidence that Jones and son will find somebody appreciably better. They have to be “comfortable” first and foremost, rather than attempting to find a dynamic, innovative, inspired head coach.

Agree with this comment in entirety. Garrett, if rated with the other 32 NFL head coaches, would not only be a bottom feeder, he'd be dead last in all comparables.
What he does have going for him is his tightness with the owner's family, and the tragically insecure owner who "has to have a positive comfort level" with his coach. (read, will not challenge owner). This same comfort level has wasted careers.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
I guess Jerry is ok with mediocre teams with an occasional good team that falls flat on its face in the playoffs.

I am not ok with that, but I don’t run this team.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Jerry was just on The Fan and pretty much said Garrett's job security is not in jeopardy. I'm done watching.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's over. Anyone who is sane and has a rational bone in their body can admit this.

But unfortunately, Jerry is blinded by loyalty and stubbornness and he's going to continue down this path with Garrett until it's too late and he burns through an elite OL, top flight TB, etc.

He wasted Romo. He's going to repeat that with our current batch of elite players like Martin, Smith, Elliott, etc.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jerry was just on The Fan and pretty much said Garrett's job security is not in jeopardy. I'm done watching.

He's a fool. I am with you, and said this after the game, I think I am done for awhile. I'll check in for the start of FA or the draft but other than that, I suspect once this Eagles game is over, I may just fade away for awhile.

There's no reason to invest in a team led by an owner who refuses to admit the obvious.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Until Jerry figures out he alone can't build a winning team in the salary cap era, the Cowboys are doomed.
Until he brings in actual football people, instead of puppets, we won't win. It starts and ends with Jerry.

stiletto

Reaction score

I really didn't think he'd get fired after this season anyways. I was getting a little excited after the 3 bad performances in a row but the Coach of the Year thing last year secured Garrett for at least two more seasons after this one, plus he had the excuse of Zeke and injuries this year. I wouldn't be surprised of another up year next year but it will be the same thing over and over. One and done followed by a terrible season...we truly are in purgatory.