The folks that want Pitts, Sewell, Slater

cowboys1981

Reaction score
You draft BPA. If you have the players mentioned in headline, I'd take them over Surtain. There is no Deion Sanders in this class. I'm more concerned with the lack of quality DTs we have on our roster. We continue to abandon this area and it's no wonder our defense struggles the way it does.

kskboys

Reaction score
You draft BPA. If you have the players mentioned in headline, I'd take them over Surtain. There is no Deion Sanders in this class. I'm more concerned with the lack of quality DTs we have on our roster. We continue to abandon this area and it's no wonder our defense struggles the way it does.
So, you take BPA and let the DT's continue to suck? That doesn't make sense.

Flamma

Reaction score
The Cowboys are terrible against the run. Our safeties are not very good. Our offensive line is aging and has question marks everywhere but right guard.

We'll probably draft a cornerback with pick#10

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
What do you mean by "zero problem"? Yes, he can play outside. No, he doesn't play it all that well.

Lewis is a Top 5 slot corner? Based on what?
Show me how he doesn't play the outside well? Actually all of his INT's came when he was playing on the outside. And Lewis is a top 5 slot corner again I did say he had a down year but his coverage in the slot is usually as good as could be and he tackles very well too. The guy single handedly did something that nobody has ever done in taking Alvin Kamara completely out of a game. You short minded fans quickly forget based on a terrible season with a terrible DC. Everyone sucked last season and again it was because we can't get any pressure especially interior on the QB. Our best defenses where the ones that could shutdown the run first and foremost and make an offense one dimensional.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They didn't convert OL money into signing bonus just to watch those guys sit on the bench. They may grab an OL day 2 but I'd be shocked to see one in the 1st. And you can complain about LG williams all day long just like some did with Free, but he was the healthiest OL-man last year. Not sold on McGovern yet but he will need a chance to play but eitherway I'd let williams walk. Draft an OL day 2 or 3 to groom as a backup like we have in the past successfully.

Sydla

Reaction score
Show me how he doesn't play the outside well? Actually all of his INT's came when he was playing on the outside. And Lewis is a top 5 slot corner again I did say he had a down year but his coverage in the slot is usually as good as could be and he tackles very well too. The guy single handedly did something that nobody has ever done in taking Alvin Kamara completely out of a game. You short minded fans quickly forget based on a terrible season with a terrible DC. Everyone sucked last season and again it was because we can't get any pressure especially interior on the QB. Our best defenses where the ones that could shutdown the run first and foremost and make an offense one dimensional.

So you have nothing to back up these claims? No analysis from an expert, PFF grades, etc?

Brown is an average, at best, CB. Lewis is not a Top 5 slot CB.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
So you have nothing to back up these claims? No analysis from an expert, PFF grades, etc?

Brown is an average, at best, CB. Lewis is an average slot CB.
No I don’t care for what PFF grades guys. PFF had high grades for Crawford. I see with my eyes and do something called critical thinking and evaluate on my own. I don’t turn to pff and madden for grades and rankings. Brown is a very good starting corner. Has he gotten beat? Who hasn’t that’s not named Deion. Him and his coverage has never been the reason we lost a game. If it is show me. He’s always in position and he plays best at LCB.

tunahelper

Reaction score
I'm not worrying about 2022, they can make a move on Cooper or Gallup in 2022 with or without Pitts, you have Lamb right now who can move to 1 or 2 in the WR position, finding a 3rd wr in 2022 is not hard.

When I watched Surtain play at Alabama, it was clear he had ability. This guy shadowed receivers and played with smarts. He is the real deal. He never appeared to be outmatched.

Sydla

Reaction score
No I don’t care for what PFF grades guys. PFF had high grades for Crawford. I see with my eyes and do something called critical thinking and evaluate on my own. I don’t turn to pff and madden for grades and rankings. Brown is a very good starting corner. Has he gotten beat? Who hasn’t that’s not named Deion. Him and his coverage has never been the reason we lost a game. If it is show me. He’s always in position and he plays best at LCB.

Your eyes are tinted with blue and silver. I have no real issues with Brown or Lewis being on the roster as they at least provide good depth at CB. But if Brown is our outside starting CB in 2021, that's a problem. He's blah. He's absolutely not "a very good starting CB".

I can live with Lewis as a slot CB but he has to be way more consistent than he's been to even consider him a "Top 5 slot CB".

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
the only defensive players worth 1st 10 picks are edge rushers. The more rules change to favor the offense the less impactful corners get while the only rule edge rushers have to worry about is how they are allowed to hit QBs.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
So, you take BPA and let the DT's continue to suck? That doesn't make sense.

You can always get a DT in FA. This year's draft class isn't strong with DTs so it would make little sense to reach for one.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
You can always get a DT in FA. This year's draft class isn't strong with DTs so it would make little sense to reach for one.

I think there's some quality DT's you could consider in Round 2. Barmore won't be there, but guys like Nixon, Tufele, Onwuzurike, etc. may be there at 44 and merit consideration.

Barmore is a trade down target in R1 if you get an enticing offer from someone like NE and/or some nightmare scenario of both Surtain/Horn being gone and you're not sold on Parsons.

9of11

Reaction score
Like I said previous, if Pitts is available take him then make a trade to jump in front of the Iggles and grab Surtain II...like they did to us for Dallas....would love to see something like that...Iggles would go into a frenzy and choke on their Philly steaks....Did I tell you I HATE THE IGGLES!!!!!.....LOL!

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I care about the CB position but it may be the deepest position in the draft. If Pitts is there take him. If Sewell of Slater is there take him and go CB in round two. Drafting for need is what has screwed this franchise before.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Don't care about the CB position? Right now we have one starter on the roster at CB and I'm not fond of a rookie starter there, but we passed on veteran CBs in Free agency so right now the only way to get one seems to be the draft. If we draft Slater, Sewell or Pitts, we lose Surtain and Joe Horn. Not only is Surtain a great pick at 10, He fits a need and arguably the BPA on defense side of the ball. Why would you do anything else on draft day but take him.?
There is no certainty he will be there. Another team will probably trade up and take him. We are so loudly broadcasting he is our choice that some team will gamble we will pay more than just #10.

kskboys

Reaction score
I care about the CB position but it may be the deepest position in the draft. If Pitts is there take him. If Sewell of Slater is there take him and go CB in round two. Drafting for need is what has screwed this franchise before.
No, it's hasn't. Drafting for flash is what has screwed this franchise in a major way, along w/ very poor player evaluations and falling for crapp.

When did this ridiculous idea get started that drafting for need is bad? Utterly ridiculous.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
No, it's hasn't. Drafting for flash is what has screwed this franchise in a major way, along w/ very poor player evaluations and falling for crapp.

When did this ridiculous idea get started that drafting for need is bad? Utterly ridiculous.

Drafting for need got us Taco Charlton. Drafting BPA got us Cee Dee Lamb. Give me the BPA.