The Forgotten Propsects

cnuball21

Reaction score
I feel like 2 players that have gotten completely lost in conversations are Tee Higgins and Julian Okwara.

I understand everyone gets over excited about the combine and they didn’t work out but these are 2 dudes I’m hoping the Cowboys do there homework in.

Higgins arguably has the best ball skills in the draft and Okwara led all of FBS in pressure rate the last 2 seasons.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I feel like 2 players that have gotten completely lost in conversations are Tee Higgins and Julian Okwara.

I understand everyone gets over excited about the combine and they didn’t work out but these are 2 dudes I’m hoping the Cowboys do there homework in.

Higgins arguably has the best ball skills in the draft and Okwara led all of FBS in pressure rate the last 2 seasons.
Id be happy with Higgins at 17. I think alot of it is people see him as the 4th WR after Juedy, Lamb and Ruggs. And at 17, one of them is likely to be there, and possibly 2.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Id be happy with Higgins at 17. I think alot of it is people see him as the 4th WR after Juedy, Lamb and Ruggs. And at 17, one of them is likely to be there, and possibly 2.

It's so weird that you'll see some rankings that have him right up there near the top and some don't. I think it's like I said, people freak out about the combine, and forget great players that don't work out.

I don't know if either guy is a top 20 talent, but could see them as trade down options.

Interested to see their pro days.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's so weird that you'll see some rankings that have him right up there near the top and some don't. I think it's like I said, people freak out about the combine, and forget great players that don't work out.

I don't know if either guy is a top 20 talent, but could see them as trade down options.

Interested to see their pro days.
That can happen sometimes with deep position groups, especially if there is no definite top 5 pick in it. Seem to happen with the 2017 CB class, which is very similar to this WR class

cowboyec

Reaction score
love Julian Okwara...i think he'll be an exceptional pass rusher in this league.
love to see him with a ☆ on his head.
i also like his teammate Khalid Kareem.
Okwara will be a stud.
even if we re-sign Robert Quinn...if he's on the board at 51....i'd take him.
he certainly should be in the mix.

DanA

Reaction score
I have Higgins as a top 20 guy but not for us. Eagles at 21 is a good fit IMO.I have Okwara in the 30-45 range which is hard for us to reach.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I have Higgins as a top 20 guy but not for us. Eagles at 21 is a good fit IMO.I have Okwara in the 30-45 range which is hard for us to reach.

Why don’t you like Higgins for us?

DanA

Reaction score
Why don’t you like Higgins for us?

If we were to pass on Cobb and bring in a DT with the money then I'd be happy to take Higgins. But from what we can go off we are re-signing Cooper and Cobb which doesn't leave room for a 1st round WR IMO.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Laviska Shenault too. I'm not a fan of his, but he is clearly an amazing athlete and would probably have left a smoking crater in the ground in Indy.

With Higgins, the only question I have with him is his 40. He's going to be a vertical receiver, and his size and ball skills are absolutely not in doubt. But does he have the speed to make corners turn and bail, or are they going to stay parked right there on his hip and make him fight for everything?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

Higgins will fall into the second round. It’s going to go: Lamb (10), Juedy (11), Ruggs (15), then Jefferson (21 - Eagles love him) and Aiyuk (22).

He won’t make it to the Cowboys in the second round, though.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Higgins will fall into the second round. It’s going to go: Lamb (10), Juedy (11), Ruggs (15), then Jefferson (21 - Eagles love him) and Aiyuk (22).

He won’t make it to the Cowboys in the second round, though.
Bills are high on Higgins apparently. He is in play for their first

Sydla

Reaction score
I'd take Okwara in the 2nd if he fell to us.

cnuball21

Reaction score
If we were to pass on Cobb and bring in a DT with the money then I'd be happy to take Higgins. But from what we can go off we are re-signing Cooper and Cobb which doesn't leave room for a 1st round WR IMO.

Ahh I see. I thought you were referencing not loosing him as a scheme fit and match for our WR crew.

That makes sense.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Laviska Shenault too. I'm not a fan of his, but he is clearly an amazing athlete and would probably have left a smoking crater in the ground in Indy.

With Higgins, the only question I have with him is his 40. He's going to be a vertical receiver, and his size and ball skills are absolutely not in doubt. But does he have the speed to make corners turn and bail, or are they going to stay parked right there on his hip and make him fight for everything?

I like Shenault, but I’m not sure what kind of athlete he is and he’s an interesting study. Not really a traditional WR type so I wonder how that translates. He’s kinda like Deebo, but not as explosive IMO.

I think Higgins is a much better prospect and might be faster. He’s not going to blaze in the 40s but if he runs in the 4.5s with his size and skill set that’s all I need to see.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I like Shenault, but I’m not sure what kind of athlete he is and he’s an interesting study. Not really a traditional WR type so I wonder how that translates. He’s kinda like Deebo, but not as explosive IMO.

I think Higgins is a much better prospect and might be faster. He’s not going to blaze in the 40s but if he runs in the 4.5s with his size and skill set that’s all I need to see.

Agreed that 4.5 would be plenty.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
FWIW, I see him at like 8th, and not at all a fit with the Cowboys (unless Amari moves to the slot). Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Reagor, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Mims

As for Okwara...I don't think anyone has really forgotten about him, he's just not in play at 17.

cnuball21

Reaction score
FWIW, I see him at like 8th, and not at all a fit with the Cowboys (unless Amari moves to the slot). Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Reagor, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Mims

As for Okwara...I don't think anyone has really forgotten about him, he's just not in play at 17.

Whew, that is pretty low IMO but to each their own.

Sydla

Reaction score
I tend to agree with Future on Higgins. He could be one of those really good college WRs where his lack of athleticism (relatively speaking) hurts him in the NFL. I mean, frankly, I'd rather take a chance on Claypool or Mims over Higgins.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Whew, that is pretty low IMO but to each their own.
Well I more meant for the Cowboys, specifically, even though I'm not high on him anyways. I can see him going in the first round to a team that wants a big body (though I wouldn't).