The Forgotten Propsects

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I tend to agree with Future on Higgins. He could be one of those really good college WRs where his lack of athleticism (relatively speaking) hurts him in the NFL. I mean, frankly, I'd rather take a chance on Claypool or Mims over Higgins.

Higgins or Mims is an interesting question.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Well I more meant for the Cowboys, specifically, even though I'm not high on him anyways. I can see him going in the first round to a team that wants a big body (though I wouldn't).

Fair enough. I know some on here want a certain kind of WR if we draft one (speed, slot, outside) but I’m not partial to that just want to make sure the value is right.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough. I know some on here want a certain kind of WR if we draft one (speed, slot, outside) but I’m not partial to that just want to make sure the value is right.
Yea, that's fair.

And I don't think it would be bad, necessarily, to get Higgins if the Cowboys plan on moving Amari to the slot, it's just not my preference.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Higgins pro day 40 was high 4.4s to low 4.5s...so realistically at the combine he’s about a 4.55 which is what I figured he’d be close to.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Dude just locked himself in as a top 25 draft pick.

Unfortunately more has come out and it's high 4.5s with poor numbers for everything else. I love the kid, but unfortunately some of the concerns have been validated and he's a below average athlete.

Hate to say it, but I'm going to have to eat crow and think he's a 2nd rounder now.

I still think he can have a good NFL career, but he's going to be a 1 cut guy like Roy Williams that will have to win with size, length, ball skills and contested catches.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Just watched some more tape on Okwara...pretty impressive dude. Watched him vs UGA and I don't know if he had sacks but you see some really good reps of him winning when it's 3rd and long.

I don't think he warrants the pick at 17, but he might be someone that sneaks into the 1st round. He needs some technique work, but looks like a really impressive athlete.

Gaede

Reaction score
There a few edge guys we don't talk about. Everyone gets locked into pick 17, but what about in a trade down or later in the draft? To be honest, I can't see a guy who has the raw talent that Chaisson has being available at 17.

I'm seeing quite a few guys who seemingly fit into our defense (all around football players, rather than positions in a scheme). I'm thinking guys like Okwara and Baun, in particular, could fit. Admittedly, I'm a little behind on the draft this year. Who are the other edge rushers that may be in consideration now, that wouldn't have been in the past?

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
There a few edge guys we don't talk about. Everyone gets locked into pick 17, but what about in a trade down or later in the draft? To be honest, I can't see a guy who has the raw talent that Chaisson has being available at 17.

I'm seeing quite a few guys who seemingly fit into our defense (all around football players, rather than positions in a scheme). I'm thinking guys like Okwara and Baun, in particular, could fit. Admittedly, I'm a little behind on the draft this year. Who are the other edge rushers that may be in consideration now, that wouldn't have been in the past?

Weaver maybe in the 2nd and the two kids from UF.

As we further down the board there are guys like Lewis from Bama, Robinson from Cuse. This will make CalPoly excited but if we are looking for an edge project Okwara’s teammate, Khalid Kareem might be worth a shot later in the draft.

cnuball21

Reaction score

The challenge is most of the guys I like are fringe 1st rounders...17 is too early and they'll likely going to be gone by our 2nd round pick.

If Henderson is gone, and are trying to draft a DE, the best bet is to trade down to the 20s IMO and look at guys like:

- Baun (I'd take him at 17)
- Gross Matos
- Weaver
- Chaisson

Guys I like a little later are Taylor, Zuniga, Robinson and Highsmith.

Gaede

Reaction score
The challenge is most of the guys I like are fringe 1st rounders...17 is too early and they'll likely going to be gone by our 2nd round pick.

If Henderson is gone, and are trying to draft a DE, the best bet is to trade down to the 20s IMO and look at guys like:

- Baun (I'd take him at 17)
- Gross Matos
- Weaver
- Chaisson

Guys I like a little later are Taylor, Zuniga, Robinson and Highsmith.

I'm also on board with Baun at 17. Gross-Matos doesn't do much for me--moves a lot like Taco, in my opinion. Weaver is interesting just because of the Boise State connection and the production, but like Gross Matos, I'm not totally sold on the way he moves

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'm also on board with Baun at 17. Gross-Matos doesn't do much for me--moves a lot like Taco, in my opinion. Weaver is interesting just because of the Boise State connection and the production, but like Gross Matos, I'm not totally sold on the way he moves

I don’t think it’s popular opinion on here, but I think Baun is the best natural pass rusher in the draft not named Young.

He’s one of my favorite first round targets.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Okwara with a 4.60 40 at his personal "pro day." Realistically this is probably a high 4.6 / 4.70 at the combine but an exceptional time for someone with his size and legnth.

Really hope Dallas is doing their homework on this kid.

Gaede

Reaction score
Okwara with a 4.60 40 at his personal "pro day." Realistically this is probably a high 4.6 / 4.70 at the combine but an exceptional time for someone with his size and legnth.

Really hope Dallas is doing their homework on this kid.

Me too. He could be a real steal.