The Fraudulent Franchise QB

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
1-13 in the last two years when trailing at the half.

He's starting to prove that he's not a come from behind type of QB. That's for sure. You can only put so much blame on coaching.

You don't win many football games in the NFL when all you have on the scoreboard 6 points after 3 quarters of play

Gaede

Reaction score
They always have been. It was just another part of the myth to justify the fraudulent hype

There are many people (and I don't blame them, everyone wants to believe in something positive) who really don't want to admit that the Cowboys made a tragic mistake in 2016

Tbh, though, I don't think Romo was the guy either.

Nav22

Reaction score
The difference was, romo had elite running in only one of his years. Romo only had elite blocking in 2 of his years. Sak's had it his entire career. Romo's never had a receiving corp like this. He had a prime dez and Witten, but Terrence Williams.
Spoken like someone who didn’t watch football when Romo was our QB.

LOL about the receiving corps. Ever hear of a guy named Terrell Owens? How about Terry Glenn?

Marion Barber was a Pro Bowl RB. The 2007 Cowboys had a dozen Pro Bowlers.

The 2008 Cowboys were an even bigger disappointment than the 2019 Cowboys.

Romo was a beast. Dak at age 26-27 is right on par with where Romo was at that age, if not better.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
A perfect Dak would have won the game. He underperformed for sure, but that’s not why we lost.

No excuses for Dak. He wasn’t awful, but he wasn’t in top form, probably had much more to do with not throwing all week than with the shoulder.

The final series was the exclamation point on the season. Dak misses a wide open Austin for a TD by not putting enough air under the ball, and Gallup short arms and drops a perfectly thrown ball that would have been a TD or inside the five. That’s been our season, and how many of you knew we needed to score on one of those with 3:30 left? I was already thinking about the terrible one dimensional play Moore would call for the 2 pointer, either a fade route or a high toss to Jarwin.

I also had little confidence the defense would stop Philly after a potential TD and failed 2 point attempt to get us the ball back for a winning FG attempt. Yes, that’s the kind of year it’s been, where you expect at least one part of the team to fail, though usually it’s multiplied. (Posting my opinion where relevant in more than one thread rather than starting my own)
Dak was awful. Yes Gallup could have caught the ball but if the pass would have been thrown to inside it’s probably an easy catch

kwcool619

Reaction score
That last pass attempt to Gallup: The difference between Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Wilson, versus Dak is that those QBs knew that Maddox will play Gallup inside. And they would have directed Gallup towards the sideline for a TD. But nooooooo Dak throws inside.

Maybe I am over analyzing this play.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this worth 30 million?
Nah didn't so....but this is what along with his ineptness he will be remembered for......
The "Star" has fallen to new lows....

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Dak was awful. Yes Gallup could have caught the ball but if the pass would have been thrown to inside it’s probably an easy catch

Brad and Babe said exactly this

Something along the lines of "statistically that might be considered a drop but if that pass was on target Gallup is still running instead of reaching back behind him to try and catch it"

KingRah

Reaction score
Remember never daks fault , he was hurt, Zeke was fat, OL stunk WR stink, nothing will change. Have a great Christmas and safe new year
lets try this. Dez was a pro bowl receiver for years. his skill set is catching jump balls, bad throws and holding on while getting hit. AS soon as he plays with Dak, he's a bumb. Coopers one of the best receivers in the league. when healthy, he was wide open on most throws and dak looked solid to the point that he starts asking for 40 million. He saved daks cowboys legacy. Dak was awful in 17. he was awful in the first half of 18. Cooper came and he starts making plays and it gives jerry hope he can be a franchise guy again. in 19, Cooper hurts his foot. Then hurts his knee. he was 2nd in receiving yards with 800 after 7 games. He gets flipped and his knee gets worse. Now he can barely separate. Suddenly he looks overrated and it gives dak a place to put blame for constant losing. He also has Cobb and gallup as his 2nd and 3rd receivers. Still, it's not daks fault. its the receiving corp.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Is this worth 30 million?
Nah didn't so....but this is what along with his ineptness he will be remembered for......

Quick someone link the "Breakfast Club" video.

That's evidence of "leadership" and "chemistry"

Or so we were told....

KingRah

Reaction score
lets not forget that hall of fame Witten who's easily a top 5 tight end ever looked at dak and said I can't win with this guy, so he retired.

Gaede

Reaction score
Romo wasn't Brady but he was infinitely better than this slug

I think he had better skills, for sure. But I can't really fault them for going with a guy riding a big winning streak. I'm more disappointed with the here and now. I don't see him holding his peers to a higher standard.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lets try this. Dez was a pro bowl receiver for years. his skill set is catching jump balls, bad throws and holding on while getting hit. AS soon as he plays with Dak, he's a bumb. Coopers one of the best receivers in the league. when healthy, he was wide open on most throws and dak looked solid to the point that he starts asking for 40 million. He saved daks cowboys legacy. Dak was awful in 17. he was awful in the first half of 18. Cooper came and he starts making plays and it gives jerry hope he can be a franchise guy again. in 19, Cooper hurts his foot. Then hurts his knee. he was 2nd in receiving yards with 800 after 7 games. He gets flipped and his knee gets worse. Now he can barely separate. Suddenly he looks overrated and it gives dak a place to put blame for constant losing. He also has Cobb and gallup as his 2nd and 3rd receivers. Still, it's not daks fault. its the receiving corp.

WR come to Big D and die a Dak-Friendly Death....