The front office needs this hold out

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I was the gm I would welcome the hold out. If played correctly by Jerry and son you could set this up as a 2-3 game contract rehearsal for Dak. If he shines you pay him, if he doesn’t you look to get a better deal with him.
I would look to sign Zeke after week 1 or 2 and get him back and ease him in kinda the same way they did with Emmitt in 93.
In 1993 they lost the 2 games Emmitt sat out even with Aikman at QB.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I was the gm I would welcome the hold out. If played correctly by Jerry and son you could set this up as a 2-3 game contract rehearsal for Dak. If he shines you pay him, if he doesn’t you look to get a better deal with him.
I would look to sign Zeke after week 1 or 2 and get him back and ease him in kinda the same way they did with Emmitt in 93.
The first three games are winnable without Zeke. A 2-0 or 3-0 start and Zeke will feel like he is in Siberia.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Anybody agreeing with this line of thinking should never be able to talk about how long it’s been since Dallas has won anything.

It’s not a guaranteed thing but this team can be really good this year and they need all their pieces in place.

Hardline

Reaction score
Only thing being held hostage is wins without Zeke
You can't put yourself in the position of letting a player with two years left on a contract dictate the terms. It creates a slippery slope and the next thing you will see is players with three years left on their contracts holding out.
This Zeke holdout needs to be dealt with in the strongest terms. Even if Zeke decides to not play a single game in 2019.

EST_1986

Reaction score
You can't put yourself in the position of letting a player with two years left on a contract dictate the terms. It creates a slippery slope and the next thing you will see is players with three years left on their contracts holding out.
This Zeke holdout needs to be dealt with in the strongest terms. Even if Zeke decides to not play a single game in 2019.
Zeke deserves it. He knows his worth. Guy will be ran ragged if he finished his rookie contract without getting his pay day.

Hardline

Reaction score
Zeke deserves it. He knows his worth. Guy will be ran ragged if he finished his rookie contract without getting his pay day.
He signed his rookie contract with the terms on that contract. Zeke is worth big money once it's properly time to negotiate for it.
Zeke should be on the back burner until Dak is signed anyway.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It's all going to depend on the way this team starts. If l recall correctly, we were 0-2 when Emmitt was re-signed. If we start 2-0 this year, it will be a different story with Zeke...

First 3 games.
Giants 5-11
Commanders 7-9
Dolphins 7-9

Weak teams.

visionary

Reaction score

If the RBs look good in preseason, Zeke will be back for week 1 “for the team@. If they struggle he will hold out for more cash

RoboQB

Reaction score
It's all going to depend on the way this team starts. If l recall correctly, we were 0-2 when Emmitt was re-signed. If we start 2-0 this year, it will be a different story with Zeke...

Yes friend, an 0-2 start prompted Charles Haley to kindly make a very civil request to
Jerry Jones to sign Emmitt... lol

(Right after the second loss, Charles put his helmet through the locker room wall and screamed for Jones to "sign the Mutha trucker ".)

EST_1986

Reaction score
He signed his rookie contract with the terms on that contract. Zeke is worth big money once it's properly time to negotiate for it.
Zeke should be on the back burner until Dak is signed anyway.
Once money is wasted on Dak I guess it would be wise to sign the guy that makes the team go