The front office needs this hold out

ClintDagger

Reaction score
If I was the gm I would welcome the hold out. If played correctly by Jerry and son you could set this up as a 2-3 game contract rehearsal for Dak. If he shines you pay him, if he doesn’t you look to get a better deal with him.
I would look to sign Zeke after week 1 or 2 and get him back and ease him in kinda the same way they did with Emmitt in 93.
There was an NFL agent on the radio last week that said this exact same thing. Basically that this was a blessing in disguise. Essentially that if Dak can’t carry you to wins in those first three games against those cupcakes without Zeke then you know what you have in him. It’s an interesting way to look at it.

irving

Reaction score
There was an NFL agent on the radio last week that said this exact same thing. Basically that this was a blessing in disguise. Essentially that if Dak can’t carry you to wins in those first three games against those cupcakes without Zeke then you know what you have in him. It’s an interesting way to look at it.
No such thing as a cupcakes in the NFL, especially division games. The agent that said that is a clown. How often do NFC East teams blow each other out?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If I was the gm I would welcome the hold out. If played correctly by Jerry and son you could set this up as a 2-3 game contract rehearsal for Dak. If he shines you pay him, if he doesn’t you look to get a better deal with him.
I would look to sign Zeke after week 1 or 2 and get him back and ease him in kinda the same way they did with Emmitt in 93.
well you have a good idea there, too bad you cant tell the jones boys lol.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Why.. This is regular season. You want the best team you can put together on the field. Win as much as you can. Don’t waste a game.
Is this not the last season of Daks contract? Maybe that’s why

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
By all means, after three seasons, 51 starts, plus three off-seasons to make a full evaluation of Dak, let's make the big decisions on him based on 2 games.
I never said that. It’s just to help the inflated price tag, please read.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
No such thing as a cupcakes in the NFL, especially division games. The agent that said that is a clown. How often do NFC East teams blow each other out?
Well the last SB winner in this division had a margin of victory in the double digits against other East opponents. So when you’re good you usually don’t sweat out games against bottom 5 in the league opponents. But to me whatever you want to call these first three opponents is just semantics. The bottom line is you open with three games that you should and darn sure better win. Especially with how tough the final stretch is. If Dak needs Zeke to beat that caliber of team, I think that frames these negotiations in a new light.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score

I like your thinking. But I would take it a step further. Let's see if this ownership has the huevos to let Zeke sit out like the Steelers did.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Anybody agreeing with this line of thinking should never be able to talk about how long it’s been since Dallas has won anything.

It’s not a guaranteed thing but this team can be really good this year and they need all their pieces in place.

You may be right, but at what expense does that come in terms of the future. How large is the championship window if all of the guys are signed now? One Year?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
You may be right, but at what expense does that come in terms of the future. How large is the championship window if all of the guys are signed now? One Year?

The championship window doesn’t exist outside of New England.

You just build a team the best you can and hope everything lands just right and your team seizes on the opportunity.

and since Jerry says winning is the most important thing to him then he needs to extend 21 to win this year.

And then deal with next year next year.

You don’t mess with the core

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said that. It’s just to help the inflated price tag, please read.
It's exactly what you said. A "2-3 game contract rehearsal" where they negotiate terms based on how he does in the first couple games. If those are good games, they offer him more. If they're bad games, they offer him less.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And what doesn't tell you this is a set up?
The Jones boys in order to give Dak who lets face it at this point isn't worth 30 million Jelly beans talked to powers to be in the Zeke's camp and the hold-out is the hook to get Dak down to Earth or buy the Boys another year of him at his usual rate of 900 K.
Not signing Zeke prior to kick-off is not good for business as you will pay Zeke thru the roof and Dak will be worthless after he re-verifies how bad he really is without Zeke.
You all remember those 6 games they weren't pretty!

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It's exactly what you said. A "2-3 game contract rehearsal" where they negotiate terms based on how he does in the first couple games. If those are good games, they offer him more. If they're bad games, they offer him less.
By all means, after three seasons, 51 starts, plus three off-seasons to make a full evaluation of Dak, let's make the big decisions on him based on 2 games.[/QUOTE]

I never said that ^

I said you could use it to negotiate. I never said "a full evaluation". Don't be a moron.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
We really only need Zeke for the playoffs.

He needs to be fresh and healthy...

If we can’t make the playoffs without Zeke, then we’re dreaming about a SB..

Blackrain

Reaction score
Who knows exactly what we have in Zeke this year , sure he is incredibly talented . But do we have a disgruntled out of shape party guy waiting for a pay day . Hard to believe we have a hungry guy with say Adrian Petersons work ethic and dedication to the game and his craft.

What we do know is we have some hungry RBs on this roster that would drown Zeke in a puddle to get his job . Guys that are going to go all out not be disgruntled business decision makers .

Jerry is a Gambler and it might be worth letting this one play out . With this Oline healthy we need 4yrds a shot and 100 yrds a game by who ever is running the ball . Don't repeat last yrs mistake and not play any of the starters . Play these guys and see if we can run the ball when everybody knows we are running it like we did before . See if a guy distinguishes himself from the pack .

Find out who trained to be the next James Conner in the off season . Zeke has a lot of baggage and a lack of work ethic for me to be all in on him . Its a gamble but at this point so is expecting him to be our savior with no training camp and supposedly working out in Cabo